AMD A8-7600 Kaveri APU gets reviewed and tested [Guru3D.com]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Alistair

Alistair Guest

GPU:
    APU
    I have a 7850K setup on the Asrock FM2A88X-ITX as in your review. I am running Patriot Viper 3 Low Profile 2133 Mhz & am currently using the stock cooler.

Can you tell me which model of Noctua you used in the review please? It looks like the NH-L9a? If it is did you have to do any modding to get it to fit? I guess I'd better check the TDP on it.

I have moved from an i5 3570K with a Nvidia 650Ti & must say I am happy with the performance of this APU for my HTPC.

I am now looking to downsize my case & psu so ultimately looking at low profile quiet cooler. I do not have an ODD ( this is in my microserver). So its just a 120GB Intel SSD for my OS

I got my APU from Dabs. They had them in stock on the 13th for £129.99. However, I saw by last night the price had gone up :(

The BF4 redemption isn't available yet as I registered & entered my validation code tonight. I don't game but if its a freebee I'll take it :)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  2. chilly willy

chilly willy Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    the socket is the exact same size. so any cooler that would fit fm1 would also fit fm2. same goes for an am3+ cooler those would also fit am3,am2, etc.

3. Alistair

Alistair Guest

GPU:
    APU
    I realise that, its just I thought I read elsewhere of an issue with one of the noctua coolers on this asrock motherboard in terms of the mounting plate on the rear. So looking for clarification. I think realistically the best option for me will be to looking at the Zalman CNPS8900

4. chilly willy

chilly willy Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    Well almost everything is better than the stock cooler. Unless its going into a small form factor case I would prefer to use a taller heatsink, personal preference though tend to get more bang for the buck. CM Hyper 212 EVO is a great all rounder. But since I don't know the specifics of your build I can't fully say anything. That Zalman looks alright though.

5. Alistair

Alistair Guest

GPU:
    APU
    Looking at the Silverstone ML06 or Streacom ST F1CB WS EVO. So both mini itx cases with limited room. Won't be using an ODD & only an intel SSD in the case. I am currently trying the APU @ 65W TDP to see how it handles.

6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Anyone read Techreport's review

(about APU users, so called "casual gamers")

As Jerry Seinfeld would say, "who are these people?" Seriously, I've never met one.

:D

7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Looks like the memory controller has improved with Kaveri! I'm happy it's improved, but it still just isn't there yet....

8. Aoyagi

Aoyagi Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290
    Finally some Kaveri review that tests it with both integrated and dedicated GPUs. It made me so warm and fuzzy that I had to register. Now if only the same was done with the A10-7850K and possibly included FX-9370 or 9590 into the mix. That would be great.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014