Review: SanDisk Extreme PRO series SSD

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Today we review an SSD with exceptional endurance, the SanDisk Extreme PRO SSDs have nCache technology, exceptional endurance and hey, Sandisk now offers 10 years warranty on these puppies as well. Ch...

Review: SanDisk Extreme PRO series SSD

2. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Thanks for the review. It looks outstanding!

It will be my next SSD of choice if I have to build a new machine or replace the current SSDs.

3. SSD_PRO

SSD_PRO Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    This is a good looking piece of hardware. I am still bothered by this new 10 year warranty thing. They really are just tossing whatever numbers now because they know no one will actually be using the drive in 10 years. We are already right on the edge of mainstream SATA 6Gb/s lifespan (1-2 more years, tops?).

I tend to pick up great SSDs from all manufacturers - I will probably grab one of these and a 850 Pro. I am also looking forward to the Vector 180, since that will be the first product that is actually a result of the new Toshiba-OCZ relationship. I have a feeling you might get a little more bang for the buck to help reputation woes.

4. vajoiner

vajoiner Guest

GPU:
    Mystique G200
    there's a misplaced test score for PCmark SSD showing corsair lx numbers.

5. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Why the 295x2 behind ? .... is there something behind this ?

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Ah, whoops ! Fixed and thanks for the notice.

7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

LOL you paranoid freak. No that card was installed in the test system and it just makes a way better photo then placing the SSD on an ordinary white background.

I am a bit of a amateur photographer my man, hence I look for more creative photo's, albeit they need to stick within the context of PC hardware.

8. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I'd rather like 10 years of warranty than 2. I don't know how it works in your country, but over here the store has to give you the same product as a replacement. If they can't, they can give you an equivalent product with specs that are not worse than what you bought. Eventually you can settle for money back.

When my Crucial m4 died for the first time, I got another m4. Next time it died, I got MX100, which while being way cheaper, is faster. It should be the same with this SanDisk - if it goes wrong, which isn't very likely, you should get a replacement that may be even better than the original drive, or some money back.

9. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    It makes a sexy SSD look even sexier with that mahoosive GPU behind it.

10. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    No question of paranoia, but just out of curiosity . In reality, like AMD is part of developement of Dram, Vram specifications since many years, and as like now they are selling AMD ram DDR, i was ask me if it was related to this. ( maybe if we will see Nand SSD based from AMD and if this sandisk was so, related to this ( as i heard some rumor sound lately about a possible incursion of AMD in the SSD market )..

I was not think it is your photo's ( who are far better of mines, bro ), but marketing ones.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014

11. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    No, all photo's are taken in-house by yours truly my man.

There indeed have been rumors that AMD would be pursuing the storage channel. But these have been around for a year or so already and it doesn't look like that is happening anytime soon.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-to-release-radeon-gtx-ssd-series.html

12. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    Its what happend when we try to read between the lines ,...

13. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Didn't notice anything about software these drives come with, did I miss? For me this is pretty important for maintenance and why I prefer Samsung and Intel. Definitely looking at these for my next drive(s). :nerd: nice review!