Crate Entertainment's - Grim Dawn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by FlawleZ, Jan 20, 2010.

1. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    Are you a Diablo or Titan Quest fan? Did you enjoy playing Torchlight, Hellgate London, etc? Well I have GREAT news for you! Crate Entertainment has been hard at work on their newest action RPG Grim Dawn, released exclusively for the PC! "Who is Crate Entertainment?" you might ask. Well, here's a little background information:

And now Let me shed a little more light on this exciting new game.

More Info:

http://www.grimdawn.com

http://www.crateentertainment.com

2. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Oh my! I am so happy to see the Iron Lore team back up and running. I was extremely frustrated when I heard they went under after releasing their first, and only game; Titan Quest. It was a great game, and still has a solid community today. They just never got a chance it seemed, so this is great news, thanks for the info.

Maddness likes this.
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Great, I liked Titan Quest and it's expansion (Replayed them via Steam with a unofficial patch a few months ago.) so this is very good news. :)

Maddness likes this.
  4. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    Sweet! I loved Iron Lore's Titan Quest, I am psyched!

5. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    For me, Titan Quest was one of the most underrated games of this past decade. Iron Lore simply delivered a Fantastic game with Titan Quest and Titan Quest: Immortal Throne, and I'm more than confident the team will deliver yet again.

Support Crate Entertainment!

Unlike Iron Lore was with TQ, Crate Entertainment is NOT privately funded or supported from a big name publisher, distributor, or organization. They have simply started from their own pocketbooks and budget. For those of you that enjoyed Titan Quest and appreciated what Iron Lore created as much as me, please do your part in showing support for this great team of devs. They now have an early Pre-Order setup so that you can reserve your copy of the game and show how much you support their new project and game Grim Dawn.

http://www.grimdawn.com/contribute.php

6. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Titan Quest had pretty standard Diablo-clone gameplay and was fun for a little while with friends over LAN.

Part of what made Diablo II great was Battle.net. Titan Quest failed because it didn't have a solid multiplayer component. Grim Dawn will fail twice as hard because it will be competing with Diablo III.

7. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    I loved Titan Quest and its expansion. I think i actually might pre-order the game to support them.

8. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    How can you say that it will be competing with Diablo III? Diablo III may be competing with Grim Dawn II at Blizzard's current rate. Diablo III is still a VERY long time from release.

[​IMG]

9. Wanny

Wanny Guest

OMG AWESOME! I can't count how many times I completed TQ and how many chars I made. Definetely my best 2nd Hack&Slash after D2.

10. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Torchlight was pretty fun, but only singleplayer. DiabloIII you can just forget about. Ill be sure to watch out for this one.

11. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    there's room for more than one diablo style game every other year.

12. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    Digital Distrubution Title only no thanks sorry :/

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    This could be quite good, it depends on when they want to release it though but then again other than D3 I see no competition in hack and slash RPGs and the release for that one is 2011 at best.

14. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    I wouldn't expect Grim Dawn anytime soon either unless they rush it out, in which case it will suck. They don't even have a screenshot up on their site and this is the first I've even heard of it.

As Diablo III gets nearer to release (supposed to be 2011), the media hype and advertising train will ramp up. Nobody will even know about Grim Dawn.

Even if it beats Diablo III out the door and has decent multiplayer, the game will die the day D3 is released. So yeah I'd say it does compete with Diablo.

15. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    Diablo III will not be 2011. Well, maybe christmas 2011. At the current rate, we will be LUCKY to see Starcraft 2 this year. Blizzard is a slow moving, yet intelligent giant. They won't release Diablo III anywhere NEAR the release time frame of Starcraft. They don't want the titles to compete with each other and they know to maximize the attention they will hype up both titles at seperate time frames.

Beyond Diablo III, Grim Dawn has its own fan base already. Everyone that loved Titan Quest and what Iron Lore created will support Crate Entertainment and Grim Dawn. They actively participate and listen to the community and that goes a long way. Something Blizzard would never do.

16. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    It is true. I suspect that Blizzard will release Star Craft 2 first and then release Diablo III. And when i mean release Star Craft 2 i mean all 3 parts of it and then we will probably see Diablo III. Considering this is Blizzard we are talking about it is very possible that it might happen.

17. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Pure speculation.

If Crate doesn't have the resources to create a service similar to Battle.net (and I doubt they do), Grim Dawn will fail just like Titan Quest did. Doesn't matter if they have a few Titan Quest fans sticking around.

Blizzard doesn't give a crap about their community, but they have the money to make a solid AAA title. Hopefully they still have the talent to make another great Diablo game.

18. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    I don't see why you would consider Titan Quest a failure? It had very positive reviews, an active community, and sold well enough to warrant an expansion. If you are trying to compare Iron Lore's first ever game to the sales and public success of one of the most popular PC franchises ever, I think you are a bit disillusioned to what kind of expectations Iron Lore probably had. On top of that, I don't see the games single player and LAN focus as an issue, just because Diablo is focused on multiplayer, doesn't mean every game of the genre has to be. Anyway, I don't think Titan Quest was the entire story of why Iron Lore shut down.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  19. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Well clearly it wasn't much of a success if it led to Iron Lore closing down. I remember someone from Iron Lore making a forum post after the company shut down crying about how nobody bought the game.

20. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Same here, that's a shame