Resident Evil 4 (PC)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ViperXtreme, Feb 6, 2007.

1. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  2. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

ahhh damn that sux. i really wanted this game. didn't know it was out yet though.
    funny thing is the PC version looks worse than the PS2 version. hah. who would have thought. the question is why?
    and no mouse support? what did they forget or something. WTF!!

3. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    it was first released here in Asia by EA Games Taiwan, the US or European release will be handled by Ubisoft (duno when).

well, at least the PC version doesnt have aliasing hehe, but it still looks rushed DX7 game(as if it wasnt delayed long enough lol), even Silent Hill 3 PC looks better than this.

4. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    the game is fun...but you need a gamepad to play it... the game looks like ****...the graphycs looks from the year 2001...anyway i had enought of it, i don't now why i bought it..:)

5. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    what a joke. They won't be getting my money any more.

6. Templ

Templ Guest

No mouse support? LMAO!

7. Mirec

Mirec Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 4850
    thw gfx is old school but the game is superb, its really interesting to see that PC latest PC games are all about GFX and not about gameplay.

8. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Graphics are a gameplay FEATURE, as in that immersion in a virtual environment. A more believable environment can lead to better gameplay, due to a play being immeresed in a world.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Graphics are NOT a gameplay feature, they're a visual feature. That's why I'm playing Might and Magic VI again and guess what? I'm enjoying it 100 times more than playing Oblivion or any other current, graphically advanced RPG.

10. Mirec

Mirec Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 4850
    well said Eclap, you got the point.

11. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Guest

GPU:
    Graphics aren't everything, but considering how long this port has been in the making, it would have been nice if they'd made the effort to do the lighting & shading properly. PC games from 5 years ago look better. It just completely ruins the look & feel of the game.

In the system requirements they specify a 128MB graphics card with shader model 2.0. Who are they trying to kid? There are no shader effects whatsoever. It could probably run on a Geforce 2.

12. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    Game looks sad, no AA, no mouse... Even on the Cube the game looked pretty bad so it's hard to imagine it looking worse on the PC, lol. I played it a LONG, LONG time ago on the GameCube. I played through it but the graphics were fuzzy and grainy, but had to finish since I was a RE fan.

Most would be better off just playing the game on a Cube;)

13. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Guest

GPU:
    I disagree, it was probably one of the best looking games on the GC. Really pushed the hardware.

14. MetalFox

MetalFox Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 DCII
    And guess what...

If I try to run the games setup when my gamepad is plugged in it crashes !

yay @ coding.

15. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    oh well, guess i'll stick to the PS2 emulator. It looks better, and the control feels better than this dumb PC version.

16. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Maybe, cause the game isn't released yet.

The release version is supposed to have mouse support.

17. Insomniac34

Insomniac34 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 768mb (800/1900)
    I was waiting for the game for so long. I still haven't played the PS2 or GameCube version of the game, and when I heard a PC port was coming out, I figured I'd get my chance soon. So not only does the game go through countless delays to finally get here but when it does actually come out, it's a sloppy port that doesn't come close to stacking up to the console version. What a disappointment :(

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Did this just come out for the PC? Because there's RE5 out soon for the consoles. If this is the latest PC version, then there's nothing else to say, then if this is your kind of game, the console owners have just put one over you. This is really bad...

19. Mirec

Mirec Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 4850
    its the same as with HALO 2 , you wait a long time and the the GFX gets old, but the fun is there so the game is great. ALL the GFX geeks out there just do yourself a favour and pls run some 3d2k6 benches to satisfy your needs.

20. Insomniac34

Insomniac34 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 768mb (800/1900)
    I think it's due out in the U.S. on Feb 23rd. The date keeps getting pushed back but I think this is the absolutely final release date. Ubisoft had so much time to work with the game and we get a lackluster port in return, it just isn't fair at all.

If the graphics were the same as either the PS2 or GC version, I'd be more than happy. In the end, I really just want to play the game as it was on either of those two consoles with my gamepad. But when I look at the visuals for the PC version I can't help but think that there are other parts of the game that have suffered from a bad port. Ubisoft had more than enough time to put out a decent product, but from a visual standpoint they failed. I can only wonder how the gameplay is compared to the console versions.

EDIT: From the Gamespot forums - "Once again, due to the lack of any kind of shadows or highlights in PC port, you cant really see the difference between daytime and nightime and being in a dark room with no lights, looks almost the same as being outside in the sun. There is also almost no sence of depth and distance, which makes it sometimes very hard to see a path to follow, or even to see nearby enemies and objects. Since 85% of the game takes places during the night, or in dark and creepy places, absence of highlight and shadows destroys game's athmosphere incredibly... Becouse of it, youll also miss many scary parts, where "things" jump on you out of pitch-black nowhere..."

This picture really tells the story. Downgrade in visuals leads to less of an atmosphere which will in turn make for a less-than-stellar experience:

http://data.hidebehind.com/img/695151F8.jpg