GPU Monitor Gadget 2.0 Released

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by stangowner, Apr 6, 2009.

1. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    Can you tell me if GPUMonitor.exe is in the process list? If not, please run it manually from "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\GPUMonitor.gadget\GPUMonitor.exe"? Let me know if that works.

The data is written and read using the user's "TEMP" variable. So even if it was not in a normal location, they would both still be using the same location.

2. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    The "sensor supply voltage" was included by default. The "voltage regulator output", "voltage regulator current" and the 5 vrm temps all come from VT1103.dll which is included with RivaTuner.

3. deadcells

deadcells New Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX280 XT
    will let you know once i get home.

Thanx.

4. deadcells

deadcells New Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX280 XT
    will let you know.

Thanx.

5. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    The 5Vrms temps dont show up in the VT1103.dll for me.. Maybe it doesnt read the 295's correctly.. I got the VRO & VRC.

Update.

Just looked into the Vt1103 config file and it looks like my card is not listed

[RecommendedDisplayAdapters]
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_710?&SUBSYS_????????&REV_?? = 1
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_724?&SUBSYS_????????&REV_?? = 1
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_940?&SUBSYS_????????&REV_?? = 1
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_944?&SUBSYS_????????&REV_?? = 1

[MaxOutputCurrentVT1103]
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_????&SUBSYS_????????&REV_?? = 60

[MaxOutputCurrentVT1165]
    PCI\VEN_????&DEV_????&SUBSYS_????????&REV_?? = -1

Any feedback on this Nick..?

6. deadcells

deadcells New Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX280 XT

7. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    If you reboot does the gadget refresh properly, or is GPUMonitor.exe still not in the process list? If the latter, then we need to figure out why the gadget can not launch it or you need to add a shortcut to it in your startup folder as a workaround.

The size option is just a preview for the next update. It does not exist in the current version.

8. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    Those are ATI cards in the cfg. Mine isn't there neither. I think Unwinder is scanning the bus for the presence of the sensors, so it is not configurable. If the sensors are not found then the data sources are not added.

Perhaps Unwinder can clarify for us. I'm not sure which boards use which controllers.

9. deadcells

deadcells New Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX280 XT
    after reboot the previous data is there but the gadget is not updating its values. .. GPUMonitor.exe is not in the process list. will try and add it to startup.

Putting the shortcut in startup folder works fine....

Thanx for the help.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  10. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Hi Nick.. Can you please add the default green (#36B74E) to the colour chart Containter in your nest update.. Thanks dude.

P.S When you planning on releasing next update.?

11. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    Yeah, I noticed the color thing myself when I wanted to switch the order of the colors (from g/y/o/r to r/o/y/g). I just copied the colors from framerate which already has them ordered this way (or you can edit the prefMonitors_#.json file for now).

Not sure on a date yet. I have to redo all the images because the larger size blurs them. And there are a few other tweaks for the size change I still need to make. I also have another web site development project going, and still need to finish the perfcount and nvperfcount plugins. There's just not enough hours in the day :)

Few weeks maybe?

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've been using the excellent GPU Monitor gadget for months now with my EVGA GTX 280 graphics card, mainly to keep my eye on whether it is downclocking correctly on the desktop (it is!). I have the latest version installed, v2.2 I think.

Yesterday, though, I noticed that the gadget was only reporting the memory speed in a smaller box and that the core and shader values were missing. I double-clicked on the RivaTuner v2.24c system tray icon and was surprised to see an entry something along the lines of "NV SR(32)" rather than the usual 512-bit line regarding my GTX 280.

Thinking my graphics card was damaged I opened up Device Manager but the card was still shown and 'working corrrectly' according to Windows. The desktop was fine too and Aero was still working so it seemed unlikely to be hardware issue. Logging off then on fixed this weird issue and I haven't seen it in any subsequent restarts either. I also played Mass Effect for three hours afterwards and, again, the graphics card was working perfectly. The temperatures never exceeded 70 C during the time I played the game.

Was this just a peculiar one-off startup thing or does it indicate that my graphics might be developing a defect?

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    P.S. There were no errors recorded in the Event log either.

14. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    That's odd. Do you have any other video adapters (physical or virtual) installed in the system?

I'm not sure what would cause RivaTuner to show that NV SR(32) adapter, but the gadget will just echo whatever RivaTuner is outputting. I'd keep a close eye on it for a bit to see if it happens again.

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    No I only have a GTX 280 installed and the motherboard doesn't have onboard graphics. I've been using GPU Monitor/RivaTuner for a year now and that was the first and only time (so far) I've seen that message. The only changes I've made to my PC was I added a Crucial M225 SSD and a Samsung SpinPoint F3 HDD just before Christmas.

I'm hoping that this was a one-off glitch from RivaTuner misreading a setting while Windows was loading. I'll be keeping my eye on it though.

16. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Hi Nick,

How are you getting on with the latest version of GPU Monitor?

17. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    I finished adding the standard colors to the picker. I've updated about 1/2 the icons so far. And I still have a change that I have to make to the settings dialog and the graphs.

Probably another week or two.

18. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Glad to hear all is coming on well. Looking forward to it. Chat in a week or 2.

19. Beast1023

Beast1023 New Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD4860, 1GB
    I'm having a similar issue. When I click on the "Target Adapted" section I don't have a flyout with the icon of a magnifying box on it to allow me to enable the monitoring in the backgroun. This Gadget worked fine with my old Nvidia 8800gts graphics card, but with my new ATI Radeon HD 4860 it doesn't allow me to enable the background monitoring.

I've installed the latest drivers for my new graphics card, the gadget itself also changed the theme from the Nvidia look to the ATI look automatically. Any clue on what I need to do to enable the monitoring?

20. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    Replace the default config file that comes with RivaTuner with the one linked at the top of this page. Restart RivaTuner and you should be able to access the hardware monitor as the card should be properly recognized.