Onboard Sound Vs. Add in Sound Card

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Mar 10, 2006.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Tried that. Windows just reinstalls it on reboot and sets it as default again.

meimeiriver likes this.
  2. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    sverek's good half : just ignore it.
    sverek's bad half : *sweats profusely*
    sverek's good half : no.. don't.
    sverek's bad half: Wi... Win...
    sverek's good half : NO!! DONT!!!
    sverek's bad half : Win7 > Win10

3. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Just disable amd audio in hardware manager. Do not uninstall, just turn it off.

4. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    I take it there isn't much difference between the 898. http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/...d=1&PNid=24&PFid=28&Level=5&Conn=4&ProdID=325

115 vs 110.

Where are you now with this? Tried the latest DanielK drivers? My Prelude still sits in the box. Not sure whether to use it or not with the Steelseries Siberia 840.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Win7 would solve the problem, except that I have no Win7 licenses and refuse to waste any more money on Windows licenses.

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Why not just disable AMD HDMI audio from device manager? Disabling it from playback devices should also do the job.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I have it disabled in device manager now. Haven't rebooted since doing so but hopefully Windows won't change it back afterwards. I tried disabling it from within "Playback devices" but Windows just re-enabled it and set it as default again.

Windows10 isn't like earlier versions of Windows where you can just refuse to install a driver and the device won't work. Windows10 will keep searching for and attempting to install a driver until it finally finds one that works....whether you want it to or not. It's really stupid.

HK-1 likes this.
  8. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Yes, it is. When I used DDU to remove the AMD drivers then switched to NVIDIA, once everything was installed and correctly setup. I had connected to my network and Windows 10 decided to download and install the AMD drivers for a card that isn't in the system. What the hell...

9. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    How would the Auzentech Prelude stack up against the present sound cards? ZxR, AE-5 and whatnot. Though everywhere I've read from Creative to Asus about rubbish drivers. That was what made me dig out the Prelude and use the latest Daniel K drivers.

It has been many years since I've heard this card.

10. DAW40

DAW40 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 6GB
    On board sound is made of cheap components. Im not saying it will sound bad, but its not quality either. Also for audiophiles its a no no.

11. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    to stop devices from reinstalling , you can go to gpedit and somewhere, I dont remember at this moment. in devices installation there is a setting to disable installation with device id. and that will stop windows from installing drivers for that device.

I been using the supremefx audio on system. which I'am loving. I can actually use my front audio jack without static.
    I have not removed the ZxR in my system but disable the driver installation for it.

this supremefx audio, (yes I know it realtek) has more features than the ZxR.

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Try this -> wushowhide.diagcab

https://mega.nz/#!cBlgwLQT!GI5jed3Iyp0na5RgVHO64FBKIEAybN2SbWe1pwYDi1I

Then decide what Updates do you want Windows to install ;)
    My WinX is not installing any Devices for me.
    Updates Yes, drivers no THX ...

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
  14. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Hey, someone else might google and appreciate it :)

OnnA likes this.
  15. Hello everyone thanks for this useful post, I was wondering if an USB gaming headset with sound card would do the trick, to reduce cpu interrupts?
    if it similar to having a dedicated sound card like Sound Blaster Z?

Lemme ask better:
    Does a gaming headphone with sound card may have the same cpu interrupts than a Sound Blaster Z? or does the sound blaster z will help the cpu to reduce even more the cpu interrupts?

Thank you community.

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I had a serious problem last week with interrupts taking one core to 100%, after a driver update on my XMOS interface USB external DAC.
    I cured it by using this so it no longer uses interrupts:
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windows-line-based-vs-message-signaled-based-interrupts.378044/

Download MSIutil
    Run it as admin
    Locate the sound device that is causing you problems.
    Tick its box.
    Click Apply
    Reboot and check with MSIUtil that its interrupt has changed to a negative number.

Hopefully your problem is sorted.

If you update the driver you may need to do this again.

17. Oh thanks for the tips so kind, but i dont have problems with the interrupts, just wanted to know what would give me less interrupts if a gaming headset with internal sound card or a dedicate sound card + headphones? cause in the very beggining of this topic, ROBSICX tells that a good dedicate sound card will be so good cause reduce cpu interrupts ,so was wondering if it necessary a sound card dedicated, or just a headphones with soundcard integrated?

18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    It works on soundcards, video cards ...
    If the soundcard has interrupt issues, this will likely get rid of them by stopping the card from using hardware interrupts.
    Some old cards might not work in this mode, its suck it and see.

19. So far by disabling the GPU like i used to do on gtx 580, reduce alot the latency moon, by having the gtx 1060 on MSI it dropped from 50 ms to 13-26 jumps to 50 jumps back to 13, without msi, latency reminds on 43-50-60

Also the interesting part is that i think there's no were how to tweak the WDF1000.sys kernel driver mode, right?
    [​IMG]

20. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Those are fractions of ms you are seeing, not ms. The highest execution time you show there is 0.051 ms not 51 ms.