Petrol vs Diesel

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by TekkMarine, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I never said you did, just pointing out how I would hope that you and I can not be distracted by such things. Happy to debate with you sir.

Claims require citations, as indicated in my post asking for citations - so all of your claims. That's what I am asking for, and if not, then I can dismiss them.

Please, don't keep trying to put the onus to prove your claims on me. They are not my claims and honestly, I don't have the right to lend credence to a claim another person makes.

2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Yes - and as mentioned above, if anyone can point out where I need to provide citations in this thread; I'm happy to oblige.

3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    You lost that thread nearly three years ago - let it go :)

On topic...please, either debate with me on the topic in hand or don't, anything else is just as thin as the exhaust fumes from an EV...

4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    You don't even know how to multi-quote, and you're demanding people debate you over your nonsense?

Three years ago? I'm talking about weeks or months you silly little man. You claiming several years proves my damn point. I don't even remember or care to remember speaking to you "years" ago.

Incredible.

You are mentally ill or you are trolling

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017

5. Exascale

Exascale Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 1070
    I didnt. I asked you to be specific. What claim do you need evidence for specifically?

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Electric vehicles are more environmentally unfriendly than gas. If every driver on the planet switched from Diesel and Petrol/Gas to EV....we'd be living in a toxic wasteland within 20 years just from the replacement batteries.

Most EV cars use Lithium-Ion batteries....which are incredibly toxic and insanely expensive. That's where EV has it's biggest drawback. There is a limit to the number of times the batteries in an EV can be charged. Once that number is exceeded, it's time to replace the battery or the entire vehicle.

There's also the matter of safety associated with Lithium-Ion batteries. Also other environmental effects associated with the production of EV batteries....

If you need citation for my statements, you're not educated enough on the subject to be discussing it to begin with.

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    LOL I said something in not quite so many words to which his response was, and I am para phrasing here, this isn't a debate on the environmental impact of EVs but which option is cheaper for the OP. Then provided no 'citation' what so ever to back up the statement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.