For anyone considering the new X-Fi Xtreme Audio

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by stormy, Oct 11, 2006.

1. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Agreed "ROBSCIX" a bit little experienced, Asus have done a good job, Well Changing My Sound Card Soon..... Money Matters

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2011
  2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The X-Audio should be avoided.
    There are many newer cards in lower price ranges. Look around and if you are not sure, come here and ask as I am sure somebody around here has tested the unit and can offer you some opinions.
    Edit, I fixed your thread. -the quote wasn't finished.

3. johnmambo

johnmambo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980
    Well the Xtreme Audio certainly is not the best sound card available, BUT, if you are using an Onboard Sound and happens to find it for a great price (my case), it will serve you well.
    I was using onboard sound for a long time, but since i got Bad Company 2 i was living with a lot of freezes during gameplay. Researched a lot and find that could be a compatibility problem with my onboard sound.
    Anyway i got the Xtreme Audio, it sounds better than my Onboard sound and finally SOLVED my problem with Bad Company 2. So, it may be a re-branded Audigy, but if you find it for the right price it's still a useful card.

4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Most cards are better then onboards. I wasn't meaning to bash your card, I was just syaing if he has the cash to look for something a little better as that card is fairly old now and there are many avilable that would easily surpass it for little money.

5. johnmambo

johnmambo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980
    No problem dude, i wasn't quoting you, just wanted to post my personal experience with that card.