Can you connect a PS2 to my X800 Pro VIVO

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by thommo, Dec 9, 2004.

1. thommo

thommo Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680 SLI
    Is it possible to connect a ps2 into my X800 Pro VIVO so I can use a ps2 on my LCD monitor?

I kow I could buy a VGA box for a ps 2 but if it is possible not to then that would give me more money to buy a few games.

Cheers

Thommo

2. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    You might be able to if you can manage to hook it via input or s-video... but you might get restricted in resolution and end up inadequate for gameplay.

3. thedeath2k4

thedeath2k4 Guest

yes... what you do is use your Video In cord, plug the conection from the PS2 into it, and launch the TV program in Ati Multimedia Center.. I do it all the time to watch tv and record programs.

4. thommo

thommo Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680 SLI
    Can you tell me does it look any good at all or is the image quality poor?

5. Mark

Mark Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    well it will only run at TV resolutions which is 640x480. so it would look poor

6. thommo

thommo Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680 SLI
    thanks for that- I'll go out and by a digital scaler then!

7. SL2

SL2 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Well, you can run it as 640x480 windowed [looks fine] or 640x480 scaled to full screen [Looks quite poor].
    Most digital scalers that I've seen tend to just multply the scanline height & width which results in bad aliasing [Not very different from your monitor's built in scaling]. Some are a little more advanced, but very expensive. Blaze do a box that hacks the internal game resolution but it's also expensive and relies on "cheatcodes".

BTW, use DScaler to view the signal, it comes with lots of nice fliters to help improve the picture quality and colour saturation:
    http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/