Batman and Superman Movie

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Loobyluggs, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Yeah, exactly.

Hollywood rarely understands its source material - unless they give absolute power to someone at the creation process stage who knows wtf they are doing.

key example: Star Trek 2009 versus Star Trek: into darkness.

First film had a solid writing partnership, and the second had Damon Lindelof in there for some unknown and frankly insane reason.

Roberto Orci, one of the outstanding writers of the first movie and of other great scripts should've had full reign of the script.

Lindelof needs to die - he's the one who ****ed up Prometheus and teased us with 6 years of unresolved plotlines in the TV show Lost. He also ignored the source material for World War Z, ditching/rewriting the original script by J. Michael Straczynski.

This guy is evil, but knows how to massage the egos of studio executives by doing exactly what they tell him to do.

Kinda a studio executives wet dream, tbh.

I have issues with this guy :) and my dreams involve a shovel, rope and a shallow grave.

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I'd say William Dafoe as Smith he comes of more psychotic and less like a retard but that's just me they get things wrong in Hollywood but not that wrong.

Zip ties are easier and quicker plus they hurt more.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  3. Da{N}ka

Da{N}ka Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI XFX GTX285 Black Ed.
    Why don't they do a p0rn movie with Wonder Woman and the Invisible man ?
    I'd watch that.

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    They need to make an Aquaman movie

5. SOLLERHOLLER

SOLLERHOLLER Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC
    That would be Interesting :)

6. Andrés

Andrés Guest

Yeah, one where he gets to rescue Nemo and of course, has David Hasselhoff featuring a cameo :)

7. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
  8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Surprised someone who has issues with the paring of these two, but doesn't have an issue with the Man of Steel...

9. SOLLERHOLLER

SOLLERHOLLER Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC
    i thought it was the Justice League that was the next film?

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I just wonder who the enemy will be. Gangs? Superman will defeat them easly. Aliens? Batman will be weak.

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Well the Marvel Universe had 4 fairly successful movies in their own right and then one freaking awesome movie in Phase 1 of the Avengers, they are now in to Phase 2 and with Ultron as the bad guy, well god damn and with Phase 3 leading to Thanos Marvel has gotten some serious steam up. DC and WB on the other hand have had Green Lantern, which tanked hard, Batman and Superman and the whole Batman / Superman movie screams trying to ride the wave that Marvel has built up.

They clearly want something to go up against Avengers 2 and they just don't have time, and I am guessing the balls to try and do another 1 or 2 movies for self contained characters that could then be used to create a full Justice League movie.

Think about it, Batman was successful, the impression is that WB was somewhat surprised by the success (cash wise) as well as the panning Superman got from die hard fans. So do they hold off get another movie on the go to expand on another of the Justice Leagues mainstay characters and then have it fail Green Lantern style? What would THAT do to any potential Justice League movie? No instead slam the characters from the two successful movies together and forget about Justice League altogether.

Marvels and The Avengers movies felt like an attempt to make a genuinely interconnected serious of movies to create an expanded universe and boy did it pay off. WB and DC feel like they are just trying to grab cash while they can with little regard for trying to get that interconnected universe that Marvel, either through luck or skill managed to pull off so well.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Comic-con Trailer

13. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Still not feeling Affleck as Batman.

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah the trailers havent really seemed to make much effort (if at all) to try and sell him as a great batman, though i do like him as Bruce.

Every shot of him in the few trailers are just of him brooding/standing or in the case of this trailer, fighting. Which, anyone can pull of in a two second shot.

I can help but feel that this is going to be another The Dark Knight Rises. Far too many heros and villans being introduced in one go, too much going on but never really going anywhere that a tighter story with only two main characters could've done better.

Also, really not a fan of that Fast n Furious actor thats playing Wonder Woman. Shes like the female equivilant of Keanu Reeves, ol' wooded face.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  15. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I would make a good Batman....Kick A** and take names later...vote airbud for Batman...Or they could get Chuck Norris....:)

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    My thoughts exactly. Watch his reaction video to the new trailer and he now suddenly gets all excited that it is a versus movie. Angry Joe is a hypocrite, always has been. His opinions change drastically from one video to the next and he blindly lies to his viewers day after day.

He released a video of his "monster PC" and it turns out it is a crappy Alienware PC that was given to him for free (or at a very reduced price). He sits there and brags about how quick his restart time is, he restarts his PC and continues to talk and behind him we see his PC take almost 2 minutes to do a simply restart and when it does all his apps that load up are insane. He must be close to maxing out at least 3/4 of his RAM just at boot up alone.

Then we see him play PC games and the games always lag and stutter and he wonders why.... he normally has around 30 tabs open in Chrome and about twelve applications running in the taskbar!

Then he sits there and blames the coding of the game and trashes the developers.

I stopped watching his videos months ago and I realized he is a colossal idiot.

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Oh my god... i just the trailer, DAYYYUUUM that movie is going to be a-ma-zing!

18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Ok i have to ask, as somebody on the fringes of this super hero stuff, all stuff i know about them comes from movies or the batman games, so i have to ask, how can batman fight superman, batman is just a guy in a suit with nice belt, superman can move moons, alter time, fly, fire lasers from his eyes, use bullets as deodrant, so how is this batman vs superman fight going to work.

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I think that exo suit batman wears has something to do with cryptonite. This means that a punch from a human effects superman as if he too was human (and a little worse perhaps).

I think thats the deal. Im not entirely sure though.

Also, Wonder Woman looks ridiculous. She should of bulked up to something like Rhonda Rousey or Serena Williams. In that trailer (sure its only a few seconds, granted) she looks like shes struggling to hold up the sword and shield.

Bonus!
    Suicide Squad - Comic-Con First Look

The more i seen Ben Afleck in the batsuit, the more im diggin it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  20. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Easy...Batman gets some Kryptonite...Then melts superman with a welding torch...:flame: