ATI Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 Modded driver For Legacy GPU

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dellon132, Dec 27, 2012.

?

ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.01 Thoughts

1. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (GOOD)

9.5%
  2. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

40.5%
  3. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (GOOD)

8.8%
  4. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (GOOD)

6.8%
  5. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (GOOD)

8.1%
  6. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

16.2%
  7. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (BAD)

0.7%
  8. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.8%
  9. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (BAD)

4.1%
  10. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (BAD)

6.1%
  11. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (BAD)

2.7%
  12. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Yes all well and good for testing purposes only but don't follow the logic behind it because maybe 50% of people are gonna be crossfire....

Just wondering why remove perfectly valid and working OpenGL profiles for apps and games when they actually work better in 99% of cases than including nothing at all with a filesize of 0. ?!?

It's just going to lessen performance+cause issues for those in crossfire trying to play with old games n apps and stuff...

This is because the caps not only activate AFR for crossfire in OpenGL, they also patch in/restrict OpenGL extensions to work around existing game/app bugs on ATI hardware. Because the implementation of Nvidia's and ATI's OpenGL is different, and so profiled games or apps were developed on NVidia hardware, but crash on ATI without the said OpenGL workarounds.

If no profile entries don't exist, then in crossfire they will just crash/perform badly now instead...:)

You may add to the atiogl.xml file (like I have done), but removal of all existing entries for those in crossfire isn't really a favourable option.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  2. Andrw0830

Andrw0830 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 740M/ Intel 4600
    dellon132 I know you took out the Application Profiles in the last beta, but even before I have noticed it wasn't listed in 3D settings in the other beta when I installed it.

3. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Yea, I know it isn't a favorable option for crossfire users but I wanted to confirm whether OpenGL profiles would need to be updated constantly or the OpenGL driver is able to function correctly without the profiles. So, If the OpenGL profiles does turns out to be necessary for crossfire to function correctly I would make the required changes to ensure OpenGL functionality.
    However since I haven't received any comments about that from Crossfire Users no changes were made.

So, application profiles normally work for you?
    Can you try out the latest beta and tell me if you are experiencing any screen corruption?

4. Andrw0830

Andrw0830 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 740M/ Intel 4600
    I personally haven't used them but seeing them in your earlier driver I installed them and AMD Vision Control Center always said that no profiles existed so I am just mentioning it in case of it being a bug with switchable graphics. Anyways no screen corruption appears when switching between cards just that one flicker on that one site. I wonder if that one site is trying to use both graphics cards to accelerate it and causing that issue. The earlier drivers when flash was laggy, the flicker is gone so something from modifying the drivers to get smooth flash has caused it. I defiantly prefer smooth flash video so if I use that site, I will just use a different browser.

5. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Have you by chance tried playing videos on your HD 4000 series graphic card instead of your HD 5000?

Application Profiles for certain graphic cards has always acted this way, so there is nothing I can do to fix it. Well, at least for now.

6. Andrw0830

Andrw0830 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 740M/ Intel 4600
    Yeah I have no problems there. It is just my 5000 that is causing the flickering bug but also with switchable graphics, it always references my 4200 so both cards are active when I switch to the 5400. Both cards can play smooth HD flash video.

7. heatseeker

heatseeker Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    Well... Sorry for the delay... I've been testing kevsamiga1974's drivers vs hotfix Beta 8. With Beta 8 I get better overall performance.

Now Tom Raider runs relatively smoothly in high (55 fps avg) and 80%/100% crossfire load most of the time.

8. IFPMaximus34

IFPMaximus34 Guest

GPU:
    Ati mobility radeom 4300
    Dude a Problem dx9 games dosent work using Latest hotfix 8 beta 1 updated 03/15/2013
    :Fifa 13 error E0001
    :Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 says unsupported video card detected continuing to run blalbla....
    :Battlefied Bad Company 2 on dx 9 dosent open
    :Rome total war failed to find directx 9
    But dx10 games Works Perfect like TombRaider and putting Battlefield Bad Company 2 on dx10 works to seems latest dx9 files dosent support my card or whatever
    My Spec:Windows 8 64bit ati mobility radeon 4300.Any Solution?

9. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    I'm gonna upload an experimental build for you today. Please test it and depending on your results I will make my decision on whether or not I should downgrade the dx9 driver to the previous version in Hotfix 8.

10. zawardo

zawardo New Member

GPU:
    x1800xt
    Sorry to be off topic, but i did found nothing searching the forum: for a x1000 serie (x1800xt) vga there is any alive project? or i must use the 2010 super bugged official legacy drivers?
    Thanks and sorry for the OT

11. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Try 9.3 and below if your not happy with the state of 10.2, the last driver to have old cards support...

If I owned such old cards, I would have tried something.... :)

12. solarmystic

solarmystic Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 4670
    Is the dx9 driver in Hotfix 8 not compatible with all DX9 games? It seems to work fine on the games I've tested so far. Pretty swell performance too.

13. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    No, it's not that it's not compatible with all dx games, it's because it may not have support for one or 2 graphic cards. So, if the support for those graphic cards are non existent in this release I will downgrade the dx9 driver.

Other Thoughts
    I will probably downgrade it for performance purposes though. (Undecided)

14. IFPMaximus34

IFPMaximus34 Guest

GPU:
    Ati mobility radeom 4300
    hi again I tested hofix 8 beta 2 03/16/2013
    Is still have the same problem with dx9 games didn't fix it.
    Dx10 games runs smoothly.
    Hoping to fix it in furture releases.

15. shck

shck Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD4830 512mb
    Hi. You will support the driver for 32bit system?

Previous driver (beta 4) to give an error when installing. In beta 3 had a problem with the video on the floor of the screen (not full screen). :3eyes:

16. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Sure, the next release will resolve your problem, I'll upload it soon.

I have Question for you.
    This driver uses dx9 files from Catalyst 13.1 Official Legacy driver. When using that driver did you experience the same same problem?

Yes I will update the 32 Bit version of this driver later. Can you give more details in regards to installation and the video bug on the floor?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  17. Andrw0830

Andrw0830 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 740M/ Intel 4600
    The corruption bug is back when switching between cards at startup, but performance of this driver is nice and smooth.

Do u mind as a test if you can just remove my 5400 infs and just give me the latest inf files because I tried the official AMD driver for thr 5000 and I have no flicker it just is my 4200 is disabled and I can't go to sleep.

18. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Well.....it was just actually a 2 minute job to copy over atiapfxx.blb from 13.3 b2 non legacy as replacement into the driver folder or System32/SysWOW64 folders to actually have right support for tomb raider with moi drivers in crossfire in the first place instead of using the included crossfire profiles that don't include tomb raider because the new profiles break F1 2012 (in fps and flickering) amongst other newer games that don't have actual support in the drivers to match, so it's a bit hit and miss whether newer profiles work correctly or not. That's why I didn't use them because I always choose for to be stable and glitch free, and sometimes caps can break things rather than help.

There is very little difference in performance increases driver wise in core functions (not counting driver caps or game specific fixes) after Catalyst 10.3 on 4K save for crossfire profiles and game specific tweaks which of course makes all the difference to whether you have good or bad crossfire performance in certain games.

Since tomb raider came out after legacy support ended. It's not possible to have any driver which includes tomb raider specific optimisations on legacy.

Therefore it can only be down to using the right cap ( or lack of it in my driver ) to get more fps in tomb raider.

Oh and btw, and you can further increase by another 25 FPS by changing the RenderAPI setting to 9 (DX9) at the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Crystal Dynamics\Tomb Raider\Graphics :)

19. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Hmm, I don't he is using the latest beta driver. He is using crossfire profiles form either Beta 1 or HotFix 8. His post was posted before I updated the driver with new profiles.

20. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Nevertheless, they are still likely higher CAPS than mine (12.4 CAP 2, May 2012)

Crossfire is very inconsistent most of the time. Multi GPU setups performance can be broken with just one single file change.

Believe me, it's a headache compared to single cards.