FFVII : PC Version

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TenderSurrender, May 6, 2006.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Okay so I have the re-release of this the 2012 non-steam version I did all the Mods to it now I get no video displayed any suggestions. I think it has something to do with it converting it back to the 1998 version which I have as we'll and can't get that one to display video either.

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ^^^ Use the BootLoader and disable the following at the sametime or just one at a time and load the game each change, until you get video:

Postprocessing
    VBO (if its enabled)
    Shaders

Also, under 'Plugins' tab, make sure you have the following selected under 'Movie Plugin' - plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp

Did you run this before attempting to load up;

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I ran Bootloader and am using the custom driver I'll try the other suggestions later thanks. I'll keep you updated.

4. Blood487

Blood487 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Direct CUII 580(SLI)

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Does anyone else currently have a fix for a jumping cursor at the main menu? As soon as i load the game up, it auto skips the edios logo, then the hand cursor proceeds to jump between New Game and Continue.

Ive tried pulling out the mouse and even the keyboard, but makes no difference. Also, i dont have any other joystick plugged in.

laptop patch hasnt helped either.

6. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

I hope they release FFVIII on the PC too. I loved that game and played it for like 100+ hours on my old PSX.

7. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    (.)(.) I got the modded version up and running thanks.

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Good to hear, awesome.:)

I however, think i need to do a re-install. Cursor keeps bouncing up and down on the main menu, so cant get in to play.

Steam version if a couple of bucks off at the moment, US$8~

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013

11. rievhardt

rievhardt Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870
    thanks for info, bought ff7 since i havent played it yet.

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  13. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

I didn't have a huge issue with the new tunes (they didn't seem that different to me) but I know a LOT of people will be happy about this. Good for Square to do something like this. Now where is FFVIII? :nerd:

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    this game looks like a long game. dont know if i can handle or not. visuals looks so..unacceptable for ME. But as i keep buying games and BORING very quickly, maybe this can give me a couple hours of joy. cant we mod this for better visuals?

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    There's some mods for high resolutions, it works best in the 3d stuff (characters in the world and battles), and there's some character model replaces so they don't look stupid and blocky. But most of it is low resolution 2d backgrounds and no one has got around to remaking these, the only thing I found was that someone had scaled them up with an image filter to look a little better.

16. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

But you're talking about one of the better games of all time. Good gameplay with lots of options and an amazing story are what you're going to get with FF VII. Knowing the game the way I do it just hurts me to see people even say the kind of things you just said about it.

That being said, yes it looks pretty bad by today's standards, but you should play it anyway.

17. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Also, I can confirm the new patch is out for the non steam version as well.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Does anyone know what the 1.2gb update through steam is about, i cant find anything on Google.

Also, auto-updating is switched off as i have mods installed and dont want to break them. So cant actually have a look.

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The game has not updated here but the previous update added higher-quality music.
    (And nothing else, just the audio tracks in a better version.)