Lotsa help needed for a moron...

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Guest, Jan 11, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a few questions about RivaTuner:<P>1. I am using the 6.31 drivers... how do i make changes to the 6.31 database? when i open a new database, the only options i see are Det 2.xx and Det 6.47... the 6.47 drivers didn't work too well for me, couldn't get them properly installed... what do i do?<P>2. I noticed in the overclocking options that if i take the values up too high i get that little exclamation point over the option... how far is really too far? Can i get away with moving my settings up into the "danger zone" just a bit?<P>3. Assumiing i can alter settings for the 6.47 database and that my 6.31 drivers will be affected, what should i set my LODbiasadjust at?<P>Specs:<BR>Athlon 750<BR>NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 M64 32mb<BR>192 mgs ram<BR>plenty of hard drive space<P>Thanks in advance for the help,<BR>Æon<BR>

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><BR>1. I am using the 6.31 drivers... how do i make changes to the 6.31 database? when i open a new database, the only options i see are Det 2.xx and Det 6.47... the 6.47 drivers didn't work too well for me, couldn't get them properly installed... what do i do?<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Download RivaTuner 2.0 RC. It contains database for Detonator 6.31. BTW you can safely use database for 6.47 drivers. It's almost the same as 6.31.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><BR>2. I noticed in the overclocking options that if i take the values up too high i get that little exclamation point over the option... how far is really too far? Can i get away with moving my settings up into the "danger zone" just a bit?<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, u can do it. Exclamation means that you are overclocking/underclocking your card out of Detonator's standart overclocking range [90%; 125%].<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><BR>3. Assumiing i can alter settings for the 6.47 database and that my 6.31 drivers will be affected, what should i set my LODbiasadjust at?<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Try RivaTuner 2.0 RC. It conatains LOD bias adjustment slider in Direct3D tweaks dialog. Set negative LOD bias to improve image quality.<P>