AMD Catalyst 12.x (8.97 April 18) Unofficial BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Apr 23, 2012.

1. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    catalyst version is completely irrelevant, it will load some old version, or not have one at all (betas/hotfixes do not contain the number)

it's plain text in the registry, you can change it if you want

2. Comrade_Jerkov

Comrade_Jerkov Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
    thanks for clarifying

I'm gonna change it to 13.10 to make me feel awesome

3. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
  4. Comrade_Jerkov

Comrade_Jerkov Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
    Well, 3DMark11 is up to 9079 with these drivers from 8924 with the 11.12 drivers. Pretty nice jump for drivers being the only change.
    I bet I could get it to 9100 with very little tweaking.

[​IMG]

5. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    Hmm... getting horrible image quality in all my games... Mainly to do with shadows and lighting...
    In Dead Island (even with highest quality shadows and shadow res) the best I could make it look was this: http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/123277912-4.jpg
    That's with almost maxed out graphics too...
    In Torchlight: http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/123278403-4.jpg

I must admit, the last time I swept drivers was months ago and I've just been installing over each new version (without going back). Do you guys think this is what's causing it or is it something more?
    Btw, I installed every add-on from the CCC set-up if that makes a diff.

6. GSB

GSB Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 650
    Imho, the driver sweeper is not nearly as important as it used to be. I usually just uninstall the old before installing the new. Your mileage may vary though.
    How old is your Windows install? Maybe time for a reload? Image quality didn't look that bad.

7. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    look here, C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository, if you keep installing overtop, you lose 100mb with every driver you install, but no i dont think that would cause the corruption (unless a leftover CCC value creeped in)

but in your pics, i'm not sure if i'm looking at the right spots, for torchlight it's entirely possible that's what the dev intended, unless you can confirm a previous driver had completely different shadows?

8. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    Windows install is just about ancient (since early 2010), though I doubt that'd effect anything that effects IQ after an update of drivers.
    As I said, those are the max settings (not just from the in-game but from the video.scr config) and lagg me a little while playing. I normally play it on medium but the IQ hurts my eyes too much on medium since the update.
    I got my bro to take a screen in kinda the same place and you can see so much difference especially in the shadows.
    Bro (Medium settings with 11.4 Beta): http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558689060863823898/16E00DFF2F953FFB6334CE69FF443988F823AE5D/
    Me (almost max settings with 11.5 Alpha): http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595843756314268906/412AC4BA5D75B3B5750E5E9FF47F7FB350CF0C8B/

Okay I agree the first pic it's not easy to spot it, but the Torchlight one, the shadows used to be a whole lot clearer and that was on high. The SS I showed you was on the highest shadow setting (the shadows pretty much looks the same blur on all settings now...).

Anyways, DW, I'll sweep and DL the WHQ drivers tomorrow. Not gonna waste too much time on leaked drivers...

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  9. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    ok ya, something must have gone horribly wrong, or a CCC setting is interfering with the games

10. erocker

erocker Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Uninstall CCC isn't in my control panel for some reason. Where can I uninstall these?

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Run the set-up.exe again, and select uninstall :)

12. erocker

erocker Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Lol, that would of been the easy way. I'm dumb for not thinking of it. Thanks much though. I wound up manually getting rid of everything then ran Driver Sweeper. Got new drivers installed and all is well. Heh, need more coffee. :coffee2:

13. Comrade_Jerkov

Comrade_Jerkov Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
    BF3 ran great with these but kept CTD on me. I ended up giving the 12.4's another try and found that they bench the same as the 8.97's and the flickering that bothered me with the 12.4's in BF3 the first go around is now gone for whatever reason.

14. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    BC2 is borked with these for me, halved both gpu performance to about 50%, tried with older caps no difference, went back to feb 14th and back to 95% gpu usage again.

Battlefield 3 performance seemed down abit also, getting less then 60fps sometimes on metro, smallest map and saw some texture corruption as well, feb 14th back up past 80-90fps avg max settings, 1920x1200 and no corruption.

These drivers fixed 2nd gpu constantly at max.

-smc

15. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

uninstall afterburner, it gives me many problems with frequencies goes up and down random.

16. Rolly

Rolly Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970
    ALE, I've got exactly the same problem and I was wondering if there is some kind of fix as I really like Afterburner. Does it work properly with an older driver version for example?
    I tried using one profile with stock settings for 2D and another one with moderate overclock for 3D but still having those constant frequency jumps up (to clocked setting 1100 MHz) and down (to idle setting 300 MHz) every several seconds when under load.
    I think it could be the PowerPlay function of the card, I wonder if disabling it will stop the frequency jumps...

17. far-cough

far-cough Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R7990 6GB
    Re-include atipdlxx.dll and atipdl64.dll into the package (better support with 3rd party tools)

done it to mine and all is good now these new drivers of late give me big headaches with this clock speeds so i use the modded drivers from a nother site which has the files in it

works a treat no problems at all now...
    i just dont use the extra crap they put in it make my other programs play up...

these
    Added HydraVision 4.2.232.0
    Added AMD Video Convertor 12.4.100.20315
    Added AMD Avivo Codec
    Added Catalyst Application Profiles 12.3 CAP 1
    with out them all is great iq and fps in games in xfire 6970's oc

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  18. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Amen, sometimes when i read peoples post on this forum i really want to lose my sh!t at some of the moronic comments, although last time i did Hilbert gave me a warning.....sigh...i guess there is no place for a vigilante on forums LOL

EDIT: woops, back on topic i havent had any issue with this driver, BF3 and skyrim etc.....

19. Shabaco

Shabaco Guest

GPU:
    -
    getting graphics corruption in serious sam 3, sort of white fog and flickering objects.

bf3 plays great though.

any more leaks on the way?

20. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    if you put atiumdag.dll from 12.3 into \Steam\steamapps\common\serious sam 3\Bin\, is the corruption gone?