I love my nexus 7

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by anf, Nov 20, 2012.

1. anf

anf Guest

GPU:
    650 ti boost 1 gb evga
    Just wanted to say i love my nexus 7.....I thought that my pc was king but it appears that i use my nexus 7 now more than pc ....unbelievable graphics, multitasking etc... just wanted to tell guru 3d people - just go out and buy one- now i want a nexus 10.......it appears that racing games and pinball are awesome and so is netflix... i wonder if any one knows what next nexus 7 may be like...peter , kansas:bang:

2. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    I love your Nexus too...

Can I have it. :D

3. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    You got the 3G version or the WiFi only version?

Wished I waited and got this instead of my ASUS Transformer Pad Prime because it literally duplicated my Macbook but it's not as nice as a book reader and for web browsing (without the keyboard dock).

Next round I'll get a cheap 7" tablet in a couple years with 3G or LTE by that point when LTE matures and more networks use that technology.

deltatux

4. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    never understood the need for one of these things.

Laptop, Smartphone, Desktop, HTPC...got all 4, what's the 5th item for? :p

Glad you like it. I played with my friend's N7 a while back...fun toy.

5. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    iPad 4?

6. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    You mean Nexus 10. Never will I touch another one of those products again...anyways let's not get too off topic. :)

7. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    i like my N7 too but i could be happier it's actually my third replacement and even the latest one isn't working :( first one got a s**tload of defective pixels and the second and last one have the automatic brightness issue, under 30% brightness results in black screen, so you can guess how happy i am when flashing something in CWM when i have to use a flashlight do see at least a tiny bit. But besides of these issues i really like to game on that little thing with my Xbox 1 Controller via Joystick Center

8. Poison

Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 12gb
    Does it have a built-in dictionary cause im planning to get one for reading.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Looking to get one myself, need something to replace my laptop as i hate laptops.

iPads are great and all, but too expensive for what i will use it for, plus i enjoy messing with Android more.

10. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE

11. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Got a couple of them a few days ago ( the 32gb ones were going for 180 quid at carphonewherehouse), they are bloody fantastic not just for a bit of fun but I've been using mine for everything. My pc is now just for audio/video editing, listing to music and gaming.

Everything else I can do in a big lazy chair on a nexus 7.

Also for anyone into audio production using one as a midi input device is a lot of fun!

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'd absolutely love either a Nexus 7 or a Nexus 10 but the limited storage of a max. of 32 GB with no microSD expansion makes them less of an impulse buy. As such I'm looking more at the ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 which comes with 64 GB (plus the option of adding a further 32 GB via microSD) and even a keyboard dock for £600. It's either that or an iPad 4 which is only a little more expensive if I go for the 4G (3G/H+ included presumably?) option. I can't believe that neither the Nexus 7 nor 10 have microSD expansion. 16 GB is useless for me and even 32 GB would be limiting once I start downloading 1 GB+ games and importing my MP3s and videos onto it. Sure, I could stream them wirelessly but that means it is only usable in the house (the Nexus 7 does have a mobile data option though).

Just can't decide what to buy at the moment although the ASUS tablet does seem to have the fewest cons for me. Being an Android device means that it would compliment my Samsung S3 and I could share bought apps.

13. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    I felt the same way about the Nexus 7 but a simple OTG cable and portable USB drive and voila I have all the videos I need on the go. Only time I need the videos on this thing is airline travel...otherwise works fine.

14. crap daddy

crap daddy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX960 SSC
    Got a Nexus 7 for Christmas. Perfect size, speed, price. Only thing is the sound through headphones which is pretty crappy through the default audio player. Anybody knows a way to improve quality and volume?

15. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Yes, look for an app in Google Play store called 'Equalizer'

Great app which boosts the volume by at LEAST 30% and has an equalizer.

Best of all you don't need to be rooted to use it. :)

16. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    I agree with you the sound quality is really sub par.

Anyone know about USB audio on this thing?

17. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Bought one of these today because of the custom roms that i heard about, Although i was originally going to get a Kindle Fire HD.

It was abit annoying though as i couldnt access The Official Cisco Academy because it didnt support flash through chrome so i had to install firefox which works ok with flash.

Also had to download a file manager to read some PDF's.

Currently looking into modding it with the custom rom although it invalidates your warranty but i dont care about that tbh.

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I ended up buying the iPad 4, mainly because I wanted the larger form factor over my Samsung Galaxy S3 which has a 5" screen so going to 7" at the same resolution wouldn't have been much of an improvement. I want a tablet that is also good for browsing so the 2048x1536 Retina display looks like being perfect for my needs plus games should look pretty awesome on a 10" screen. The Nexus 7 is a terrific value tablet though and I'd have probably bought one if the resolution was a little higher (like the 1440x900 of the NOOK II) and it had either 64 GB of internal storage or a microSD expansion slot.

19. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    You can use this to unlock and root http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1766475 but also you can use it to restore a stock rom, unroot and lock the device if you need to make a warranty claim

Also you can tick the box to flash a custom recovery too

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ah thanks for that saved me much time trawling the web.:)