MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 7 (2011-09-06)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Sep 6, 2011.

1. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

2 All translators

Guys, please give a read to the following posting.

Here I discuss the localization pack verification basics, I'm sure that you'll find something new and useful there.

3. Verkaa

Verkaa Guest

GPU:
    ATi 5850m
    Best Overclocking program in OS for GPU, Best monitoring program for CPU/GPU Temps and core clocks and voltage checking AND THE BEST Game recorder for a very long time! Thank you so much! Freeware aswell if you make pay for version that includes even more features such as unclocking the clock speeds for the ATi 5850m on a HP Envy 17" 3D 3110TX Wink wink this would be awesome!

Yes it is a laptop but I have modified it to have another fan underneath pushing air onto the GPU also I have a Zalman 17" laptop cooler so great cooling so overclocking this downclocked GPU would be nice! :D

Thank you BTW! Will advertise about this software when ever someone brings up the best video recorder/Overclocker avaliable :D

Also quickly I did a small Quality test on MJPG 1/2 recorder size for Youtube just so you can see the awesome quality though it isnt the sound quality I had issues with my Drivers for sound on the Beta 6 patch but Beta 7 fixed it o_O It was the IDT Beats sound card wouldn't get detected at all fixed now THANK YOU! :D Probably the reinstall fixed it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3nDs7mgr68

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  4. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    Am I the only one experiencing an input lag? That is, if I click something on MSIAB, it takes about 2-4 seconds before it actually acknowledges that I clicked it.

EDIT: I found out what it was. It is memory monitoring on GPU3 (PhysX). Disabling that removed the lag.

Also, there is an option to monitor the memory usage of GPU1 (primary) and GPU3 (although that causes issues, as above), but none for GPU2. I presume this is because it would simply duplicate GPU1 when in a Crossfire-enabled title? What about when they are operating independently? (Such as F@H.)

5. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6850 non-Toxic
    I believe you didn't touch this part, so however I have this bug on Beta6, I think it applies to Beta7.
    Whenever I try to record using RTV1, I get a BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE exception. No dump is saved so I cannot be more specific...

6. Unwinder

I'm afraid that CPU/RAM stability is the only possible reason. RTV1 is nothing but heavily optimized MMX/SSE2 compressor running in user mode. It doesn't run anything in kernel mode to be the reason of crash.

7. Unwinder

Memory usage statistics is displayed for each GPU installed in the system, which allocate VRAM via Direct3D driver. So if both cards operate independently and allocate something, both should be visible independently. As for slow reading on PhysX card, have no ideas what is going wrong with driver when it is trying to report statistics on your system. My PhysX 9600GT reports usage on the system with primary 580GTX with no issues.
    Probably it's a side effect of hacked PhysX protection on the system with primary AMD card.

8. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Thank you Unwinder (and Mark Russinovich) for memory usage monitoring on AMD graphics hardware in vista/win7, no more need to run 3 differnt utilities :)

9. Undertoken

Undertoken Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire ATi Radeon 6950
  10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Maybe...but only after it's had about 20,000 views. :)

11. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6850 non-Toxic
    Undertoken - I've seen Alex talking about this solution somewhere here already.

Nevermind the RTV1 then. Perhaps some PunkBuster bulls.... again.

However I have two questions:

- I think there was a way to set the OSD Server to start only when 3D was being started, but I can't find a way to do this and AB keeps it running all the time, which isn't necessary
    - Neither in config nor in the .cfg I can't find a way to change the taskbar icons' font, besides color of course. The numbers are quite small with a lot of free space that can be used to make it much clearer and easier to read. Any way to do it?

12. Undertoken

Undertoken Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire ATi Radeon 6950
  13. Unwinder

Nope. The server itself is responsible for detecting the moment when 3D is being started. It signals Afterburner about 3D application start event as soon as any application is dynamically loading DirectX or OpenGL runtimes.

Fonts are hardcoded but their bitmaps/descriptions are stored in .\Graphics\Tray folder.

14. nuno_p

nuno_p Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX660TI PE\OC
    It would be nice to have the time and the size of the video we are recording on OSD.

15. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    really nice work, guys! ;D

16. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Thanks for the update, and great work as always!

RivaTuner is so proud of what children have become :grad:

17. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6850 non-Toxic
    I see. Descriptions in .dats suggest that maximum possible font height is 9 pixels as I suppose you're reading CharH char by char?

The fonts are just too small for my eyes, you see...

[​IMG]

(Fifth from left is SpeedFan's icon, very readable)

18. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Thanks for the +info , all the info I can get is good .
    I did use the /cl run , but this gives an even clearer view of what you can see in the log.

19. Unwinder

Address your question to creators of player you're using. VFW RTV1 codec is installed with Afterburner, any 32-bit application supporting VFW codecs architecture is able to play it.

20. Unwinder

Absolutely.