Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan Z Reportedly Delayed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 28, 2014.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    $3000 non-quadro card is delayed? Shocking news :p

2. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    The card seems running at extremely low clock.. 150mhz-180mhz under the base boost of 780TI SLI... i let you imagine the damage on performance if really it is true ( 730mhz was the core speed more or less confirmed ).

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  3. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    ye aperantly that the reason, high clocks yield very high performance ok GK110. low clock is NOT ok :D

4. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    That's the only reason I see it being delayed simply because it doesn't beat the 295x2. I really like the look of the card but lets be honest here if it cost $3k and doesnt beat the competition at half the price then I can't see a win here at all.

You'd either buy this as a fan boy or a collector at the price, SP/DP wouldn't be that overwhelming.

Anyhow correct me if I'm wrong

5. AcidSnow

AcidSnow Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    I'm sure Nvidia realized they look pompous after AMD released their 295x2 for half the cost.

6. DarkOneZ13

DarkOneZ13 Guest

GPU:
    MSI/GTX 980/4096MB
    As they should with all this greed. As long as idiots keep buying these pointless uber re-releases of Kepler aka Titan they will never release Maxwell!

7. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    most of you are forgetting, the titan always had a good price point for a workstation while delivering pretty good performance. don't really understand the point of saying it's overpriced when you're only looking at the gaming aspect of it.

i would like to remind each and every one of you that the titan black delivers ~1.7 tflops of double precision, while the 295x offers ~1.4. that's a single gpu card vs a dual gpu card. this card is a hybrid between a geforce and a quadro, end of story. hence the price many of you moan about. enthusiast gamer? 780ti/295x is for you. not a titan.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  8. sw1000xg

sw1000xg Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    WTF is this pissing contest between AMD and Nvidia?

Nvidia: I've got the fastest card

AMD: No Mine is cheaper

AMD: But we have the fastest dual GPU

AMD/Nvidia: NO we have the best and most optimized software

WHO... GIVES... A... F***!

I want GAMES, not ****ty console ports F***ING great looking games! Why don't they invest some of their money into making PC GAMES not DX9 games with none opitimized DX11 features (i.e. because the 360/PS3 can't handle DX11, yes the One/PS4 use DX11 now. But mostly this all came about during the 360/PS3 era!)

BF4 and what ever are still console games. This is why I have lost interest in PC games today, because they aren't making good PC games any more. I know about Star Citizen but it's a limited type of game, no not the game play i.e. a universe. But if you cannot connect with the characters or the styling of the vehicles or the names of aliens and planets it's not going to grab you say like Star Wars or Star Trek Babylon 5, even Freespace 1 and 2, then it's all for nothing. It will sell and I hope it does but will have to wait and see! Yet, people are still geeking out about it?

9. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    This thread isn't about Titan Black, we are talking about Titan Z.

Many of us are wondering how 2 Titan GPUs on the same PCB (badly underclocked) are worth 33% more than 2 separate Titan cards.

10. AcidSnow

AcidSnow Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    What exactly is a good PC game?
    The consoles will have tons of excellent games that are optimized for their hardware by the end of the year. They might not shine as much as a PC game, but lots of console games look very acceptable IMO. I don't even notice the gfx in BF4 on my PC anymore, it's just a game now.

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    The prices of GPUs in general but especially high end got stupid high in the last ~2 years. I remember when I got my current cards in 2012 I felt good and bad at the same time, for paying so much that is... but now if I visit the same etailer I can see that almost every card in the high end segment, custom and even stock cooling/pcb, is more expensive than a 680 Lightning was back then, which really baffles me. Imo even the 295X2 is overpriced, but looking at nvidias pricepoints it looks "decent". Titan-z is beyond stupid, for the simpe fact that many pointed out, you can get 3 Titan Blacks for the same price...

12. peshkohacka

peshkohacka Member Guru

GPU:
    ***8962;

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  13. Better to know when 800 series are coming??!

14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    End of 2014, and even then it will probably not be the high end cards... same for AMD most likely.

15. This info is fake.

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    It's no info, it's my "educated" guess. :p

Of course I would like them to come out sooner, but if they will they will be 28 nm still and not 20.

17. That is your opinion.

I would say, 20nm despite when they release it.

18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Obviously its his opinion. Hence why he said "probably" and "most likely" and "educated guess"

That info being fake is your opinion.

19. I though he referred to 3d center article, where most people take info from.

20. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    he did not mention that article afaik.