Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan Z Reportedly Delayed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    I would say I'm surprised.

Except that, I'm not.

It would no doubt be similar to a 295X2, only, with a insane price tag for no reason, and not as good cooling.

This stupid pricing has got to stop, i mean, the 295x2 - okay, but the Titan Z was and always will be outrageously stupid.

3. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    It will be hard to dont mix the specs:

- 295x2 = 12Tflops / 8Go memory well in reality (11.5Tflops but for the example )
    - Titanz = 8Tflops / 12Go memory

( for price you put 2x 292x2: 23Tflops + 16Go memory )

back on topic, is really the 29th was so official ?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  4. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Do ppl really want to buy this overpriced card?No offence but if someone is going to buy this card must be really-really stupid and deserve to be call a true,stupid,fanboy!
    I don`t get it why it was delayed!I don`t believe that there are more then 2 or 3 preorders for this overpriced card.

5. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:

For gaming, thats sure, and even for the guys who need computing with CUDA, it will be better to take some Titan and put 3 of them in the case...

Damn if you want to put 3K dollar in a gpu, you can buy a motherboard with more PCI express slots and a better PSU..

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    For gaming? no. But people that are building small compute machines might. A K40 is $5000, this is double that for $3000 but you don't get fancy support.

7. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    For 3000$ you put 3 Titan who will produce more Tflops... Specially on DP side, because at a so lower clock, the base DP rate will too be lower considering a Titan Black..

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    The memory of 2x 295x2 would still be 4GB, it's mirrored.

9. Frohman0905

Frohman0905 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX680 2GB OC @ 1202/7000
    The answer to that is quite simple. Because they want the best "single" card and they are willing to spend that kind of money. I see no problem in that. It's their decision and their money.

10. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    As far as I can see, this card is only makes "sense" to somebody who wants uber gfx performance but only has room for 1 card in their PC.

Most "power users" with 3K to spend will have nice big cases with plenty of room for 2 Titan Blacks which will be much faster and much cheaper.

So for me, the market for this card is a tiny fraction of top end consumers, which was already a tiny fraction of the market. I just can't see them selling many, if any at all.

11. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    That rumore gpu clocks was lame anyway. 700mhz or so? Maybe they wanna jack up the core before releasing.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Not really surprised it was delayed. Am still surprised at the price though. I never expected NVidia to get THAT ridiculous with pricing.

If you've got a case that can only handle 1 graphics card, it'll never move enough air to keep Titan Z cool.

As for NVidia being worried about Titan Z not being fast enough to compete with 295x2....I find it funny. Why would NVidia be worried? They got enough brainwashed followers that it doesn't matter....not that AMD doesn't have their own fair share of brainwashed followers....but NVidia seems to have a lot more of them.

13. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    As is the 12gb of titan, who are still 2x6 ( 6gb by GPU ).. I was just making a reference to the "specifications " and how inverted they look on paper. ( nothing too serious ). The actual GPU who have the most memory is the W9100 with his 16GB for one core ( but its not a gaming gpu )..

Well the turbo boost is "rumored " to be 730mhz, and with TDP constrain, it surely the max. That's a lot under the 780TI / 780TI SLI ( 180mhz base boost ).

If we forget the price, the card have some argument in favor of CUDA, buts thats all, maybe the TDP could be an argument in favor of it compared to the 295x2, the cooler and noise, not so much, so if the performance are not able to match a gpu who cost half the price, the marketing start to be hard.

I ask me if they have not delay it for been able to announce the future launch of a dual 780TI and change a bit their marketing target for the TitanZ. I will not make me much worry for Nividia, they know how to sell things. ( its not a bad thing )

14. eXXon

eXXon Guest

GPU:
    GTX780 SLI
    Paying x20 the price of GT-R on a Veyron that offer similar performance (except the top speed) might be called stupid but it's not.

Same with this card, although 3K is ridiculous for a GPU that has similar performance to the only competitor for half the price, it's not that much if you have a paying job.

3K is not a lot of money in the real world, but the 295X2 makes it look like a poor performance/price. (Both are bad value, one is just much, much worse).

15. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Paying 1K more for it than 2 Titan Blacks however, IS stupid.

16. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    I'd happily take 2 GT-R's instead of one Veyron : Then when I crash one (inevitable with that much fun undre the foot), I can keep the other one :)

I think that is one part, and the fact the 295x2 is so much cheaper.
    Maybe they were expecting the AMD card to be higher priced ?

17. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Stupid pricing and with Nvidia floundering to get SLI support to certain AAA games even months after release, you would be ill advised to spend 3K on this card when you could get 3 Titan Blacks for roughly the same price (while still enjoying the lack of SLI support which is a major problem at 4K).

I also have to tip my hat to AMD for integrating a WC solution into the 295x2. All 't00fer' cards should have that standard imho.

18. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    780/ti are already faster than 290/x. so titan z sure will be faster, but the 295X2 is not the direct enemy of nvidia, well it is but before that card was announced nvidia big enemy was... NVIDIA.

3000$ for uber titan z, where two titan black can do the job for 2000$, saving u 1000$ if u want another titan or do what u want.

I think the card must have some issue, or the clocks are way too low, whatever it does competition is top notch always

19. peshkohacka

peshkohacka Member Guru

GPU:
    ***8962;

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  20. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Maybe nvidia came to it's senses. This card just didn't make much sense. Especially since the release of the 295x.