PS Vita Thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by dchalf10, Jan 21, 2012.

1. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    ok. :)

@scatman839: look, please you should response my post #157.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    a smartphone is any phone that has a large screen and can do many different tasks, i.e. watch videos, listen to music, browse the internet, install apps

I have a S2 and have never noticed blurring.

3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    The 3G version to me, is absolutely worthless. The only reason I picked it up is because I got an insanely cheap deal on it. If I had to pay market price, I'd of got the wifi only edition with a 4GB memory card and called it a day.

I just don't see 3G being fast enough for full game downloads or multiplayer gaming, wifi is going to pretty much be needed to do those things.

Not sure when the mod community will come into play if much at all. This is where my Xperia Play cell phone comes in handy as I have fpse playing all my favorite psone games, snesoid playing all my fav snes games, etc all with a true controller, no rubbish touch screens. So I'm content with vita not getting emu's and honestly, the focus for users should be newer games, it has too much power to simply be an emulator machine like the psp became.

I dont know where this system is heading, I hope in good places. I haven't touched mine in a few days, I look forward to more games and content, I hope we can get access to more psn games like nba jam, etc.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I must admit that emu was all i ended up using my psp for simply because it felt like i got more game out of those older games vs psp titles. Um well anyway i ended up buying the 3g model, nz$525 free 8gb memstick and, ps vita case, vodafone sim card with the Wipeout code, typing this from vita now. cant really do much untill the psn comes back on at midnight nz time.

edit: sorry wasnt $599

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012

5. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    you may be stupid. but what do you do on S2 while you got not blurring except choose icons moving in main menu and choose/see photos moving-rotation/zoom?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  6. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    That has nothing to do with the screen quality, that has to do with the scrolling software and the phones performance lagging.

A vita is significantly more powerful than a smart phone. ( at present ).

7. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    ok. CPU/GPU or OLED-response time??

8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I'd say vita is better in all 3 catergories. Isn't the OLED response time on vita like 0.01 ?

And there's no quad core phones that I'm aware of, which the vita is equipped with.

9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Yea that sucks you got it when the psn is down, course as I type this it should be back up.

I'm with you on the psp, it became a handheld emulator machine for me as well.

I still think the 3G is useless, but hey, maybe it will come in handy down the line for things I'm not thinking of in the future.

Hope you enjoy your system, wipeout is a lot of fun. Gradually gets harder so don't be put off by how easy the first few tracks are.

10. Wanny

Wanny Guest

11. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    well but OLED response time may be fake for Vita but yes for S2 and N85 smartphones because I got blurring on these smartphones.

12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
  13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Watching videos or playing games, there is no motion blur.

Moving crap around the menus isn't going to be super smooth because it doesn't need to be

14. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    ok :) but... do you get any artifacts and/or microstuttering on OLED while you watch videos or play games, if you don't notice flicker? due to maybe like the Plasma TV.

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    No I get none of that.

16. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    ok, thank! ;)

17. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I dont think Sony would release a product with such a glaringly obvious issue such as tearing for a system they plan to keep around for the next 5+ years =)

18. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 Ulltra
    I cant really confirm this but just saying as i've been told by multiple people... At least here in Australia there's apparently a 20meg file size download limit for files for the 3G Vita. Apparently the only games you'll be able to play online using its 3G are turn based games... Essentially all you can do is browse the net with it. :bang:

I got a Wifi.

19. Firepac

Firepac Guest

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 680GTX 4GB
    Anyone else notice that there's barely any advertisement for the Vita?

20. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I've seen loads.