ATT beta version with HD 4xxx support.

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demowhc

demowhc Member Guru

GPU:
    3*HD5850 Tri-CFX 850/1150
    Thanks Ray, just wondering does this support crossfire? I know its only a beta and probably a long shot but I thought I'd ask

2. vhon05

vhon05 Guest

GPU:
    powercolor 7970
    thats just unfair, not to go higher than 1.263v. the most stable setup i can run is 825/1100

3. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    In ATT you can use custom voltages but it is not intended for volmod, because there are no soft voltmod! You can use voltages only from dropdown list. All of them are "official" for your board.
    If you made hardvoltmode you can use higher voltages thats why ATT can allow to you to use custom values for voltages.
    Anyone who interesting can read old thread . There are was some test with hwmods and custom voltages in ATT.

4. sutyi

sutyi Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 660 OC 2GB
    Take two. :)

Hi.

Is there a chance of getting PowerPlay into ATT? Cause thats the only reason why I need the CCC running.

5. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    PowerPlay? What do you mean ?

6. boba23

boba23 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R4870-T2D512-OC
    Well talking about voltages ray, on the other side, is it possible to undervolt the 4870 when using very low clocks for 2d desktop usage? I am running 175/250 as 2D clocks, which is more than sufficient. The card should be able to run stable with lower than the offered voltages, shouldn't it?

boba

7. Nafets1

Nafets1 Active Member

GPU:
    Powerplay works whether or not you're using CCC, and isn't specifically a part of CCC. It's function is to detect the load on the video card and apply the proper BIOS state (2D/3DLP/3DHP).

To lower power consumption and temperatures, you can edit the GPU/MEM clocks and voltages listed in the .XML profiles that CCC uses, but CCC isn't necessary.

Other equally effective methods are editing your card's BIOS with modfied 2D/3DLP/3DHP GPU/MEM clocks and voltages, using Amd Gpu Clock Tool, and of course, Ati Tray Tools.

Yes, this is possible and very stable. I've been running at 160/225 @ 1.083v for 2D IDLE, with my HD4870 for quite a while now.

500/900 @ 1.263v = 139W
    160/225 @ 1.263v = 101W
    160/225 @ 1.083v = 88W

Total power consumption savings from 500/900 @ 1.263 to 160/225 @ 1.083v is 51W. Fantastic!

Check out my extensive testing over at TechPowerUp with the HD4870 in 2D mode, if you're looking to lower IDLE power consumption.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  8. boba23

boba23 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R4870-T2D512-OC
    So what exactly does this mean now?
    Can I use ATT alone to undervolt the card, or do I need a modded bios to allow lower voltages?

9. Nafets1

Nafets1 Active Member

GPU:
    Since you're using lowered MEMORY clocks it's recommended to use ATT, which can now set everything (GPU/MEMORY and voltages).

Depending on what BIOS version you have you may have to flash it to an updated version to allow voltage downclocking.

My stock HD4870 BIOS didn't allow anything other than the default 1.263v. But flashing it with a newer version of the BIOS my card came with set, a proper, usable voltage range, with which modified voltages could be altered either in the BIOS or via software (ATT).

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  10. Vic Colfari

Vic Colfari New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 Toxic
    Great !

11. willardjuice

willardjuice Active Member

GPU:
    4870 X2
    This makes baby jesus cry. :(

Also I don't suppose Crossfire support is coming (for us 4870 X2 users)?

12. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    New updated version.
    + Fixed bug when FAN mode and FANM table doesn't automatically applied.

http://cid-a50350ea7a969f0c.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/attsetup.exe
    build 1.5.8.1244

Not so fast, mate :) I have now CrossFire , but it will take a long time to fully implement support for it.

13. boba23

boba23 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R4870-T2D512-OC
    So this means you have automatic, temperature based Fan control working?

boba

14. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb
    Ray, how much do you need to get a signed driver?

15. Errik89

Errik89 New Member

GPU:
    RADEON HD4850
    good job ray... I've tried ATT beta with windows xp and it works great!!
    Now I must install ATT in windows vista x64 but ATT driver's is without signature... anyone know a way to install ATT anyway?

P.s.: sorry for my english... ( :puke2: )

16. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Forget about it.

17. nsegative

nsegative Guest

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTX 768mb
    Can someone help with ReadyDriver plus? I am running vista home premium 64 and it is the only OS installed onto my main hard drive (drive c non raid). Whenever I install the readydriver plus and reboot it just tells me that boot is missing or corrupt.

18. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    new Build 1.5.8.1250

http://cid-a50350ea7a969f0c.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/attsetup.exe

+ Implemented solution to avoid "freezes" when ATT updates SharedMemory. But if you get freezes (each seconds or two) you have two ways:
    1. Completely disable SharedMemory in general settings of ATT
    2. or create game profile for that game/application. In this case ATT can be sure when game active and will try to avoid running heavy procedure like reading current clocks from driver. This was a reason of freezing.
    - removed Show Free Video/Texture memory from FlashOSD under Windows Vista. Because of changes in Vista directx video memory handling procedures.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  19. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb
    Sorry, I do not understand why forget about it? You were happy for people to raise money to get 4850, so why not a signed driver?

20. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    This is different! Why should people pay 500$ (each year) for fu%&$#d digital signature just because some people in MS decided to implement such stupid things in Vista64 and collect additional money for someone in MS who need another Porshe?
    I don't want it, and I'm never asked to collect money for video boards! Thats was not my idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.