ACER GD245HQ Screen "Jitter"

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by NJCermak, Apr 1, 2013.

1. NJCermak

NJCermak Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX970
    I can't seem to find any results via google or numerous hardware forums about this. Also, I don't know if I'm even using the right word to describe this activity.

About every 30-45 minutes my screen will either have a "tear" on the bottom half of the screen or, at the very bottom of the screen next to the taskbar, it will jitter. It almost seems like the monitor is trying to configure it's position whenever this happens. This only happens for a couple of seconds. It's not a huge problem, but I just like to keep my computer up to snuff when I can.

I was just curious if anybody would know what causes this.

Thanks.

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Does it have a TraceFree setting?

3. NJCermak

NJCermak Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX970
    Not that I can tell. Pretty sure it doesn't. Would that be at all comparable to the LCD Overdrive setting?

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Yeah, same thing. Sorry, I thought you said Asus not Acer. Try adjusting that a bit lower and see if it goes away.

5. NJCermak

NJCermak Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX970
    Well, I disabled OD in the service menu. So far so good. I'll update if it still happens. Nonetheless, thanks for your help. :)

6. NJCermak

NJCermak Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX970
    Well, it's still happening. And to add on another problem, now my monitor won't go to sleep according to Windows 7's power options. It will go to sleep, only to wake up right away w/out user input and not go back to sleep again. *sigh*
    I guess that's what I get for getting the cheapest 120Hz monitor I could find.