Nvidia GeForce 301.42 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by xavier2k5, May 22, 2012.

1. steved72

steved72 Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 Gaming OC
    I get green textures on one of the BF3 maps( Damavand Peak). Also temps in bf3 are some times up to 85 deg cel. I have a GTX560ti 2gb card.

2. RiptoR

RiptoR Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 LX 3GB (SLI)
    Do the green textures appear on one of the mountains in the distance? If so, those are also there with 296.10.

3. Helix512

Helix512 Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 270

The 301.42 driver when installed on my PC casues SWTOR to become VERY choppy and lagy but when i go bck to 296 every thing is fine. anyone eles haveing this problem? maybe ill try the 302 drivers next.

4. RiptoR

RiptoR Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 LX 3GB (SLI)
    Is your gpu factory overclocked? If yes, read the rest of the thread first ;)

5. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    yep same here (duno but maybe runing lowest power settings also forces that or other applications that have own profiles running in the background, DVD players for example) that bug sounds very weird, especially the hotlines @ the card manufactures would run hot now if this is serious.
    Something could temper maybe with the driver a wrong kernel driver maybe or maybe several different kernel driver from different tweak tools or sensoring software causing havok, won't be easy for Nvidia to find out exactly what this behavior is causing.

As many here have many of these tools installed @ once the theory that a kernel driver interoperability issue causes this might be not so far off, of course their are many more possibilities down to a bios hardware issue, i wouldn't be happy now hanging in the t-shirt of the guy @ Nvidia Labs now going to hunt this down ;)
    Also based on such sparse information about this issue floating around, sure is Nvidia doesn't do this because to avoid TDRs for pre overclocked cards lol 50 mhz would be a little to heavy ;)

I wonder if i gonna experience this issue if i put my card back in :D

Though in terms of the tweak tools as most manufacture tools are based on Unwinder his Kernel Driver these days (Rivatuner owned them all hehe), i doubt this would be problematic, but you never know in IT(C) ;)

Though Nvidias and also AMDs Driver complexity highered so enormously over the years nothing is impossible these days :D

Btw Guys i can always just say 1 thing something i see all the time Micro Stuttering can be also caused by Software that is running in the background and is pooling your Hardware (any hardware, this includes apps that start suddenly to work on your hard drive while gaming especially if your hard drive isn't in a good shape anymore), or runs with to fast timers.
    (Sensoring Software,AIDA,Process Explorer amo)

For example a very well problem bringer is running Process Explorer in the background while playing games (though this is not restricted to games but any software that is time critical) not a good idea (not every Software(Game Engine) or Driver version is affected but some really don't like this) :)

Especially if you running non Exclusive Modes on Windows (Windowed) you will get problems, with these kind of Software running in the background.

So if you unsure about your problem in some way there is only 1 solution if you not able to debug the problem as hard as it sounds (Fresh Install, Fresh Backup) if you did this and are absolutely sure your problem is not caused by 3rd parties conflicting then and only then you should brag about a problem in Nvidias forum or here this helps everyone, believe me. It becomes hard to filter out all the Noise :)

Just some nice advice from some old Pal, also trying to help Nvidias Lab guys not losing their minds ;)

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  6. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    uninstalled lucid virtu, i seem to not having the 50Mhz bug anymore, not sure if it was the real culprit tho :\

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Hehe, true that :)

8. Morpheous416

Morpheous416 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Super OC 12GB
    Is anyone having issues with this driver, and Angry Birds PC? Any version of AB?

Not that my card matters much anymore for vid updates.. but after installing, all the games get: "Program Not Responding"

Worked fine with 280 drivers, so for now I went back to them... and AB is working again.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Wait, so they still haven't fixed this?

I didnt play for a 2-3 weeks and dunno, i took this picture before the latest 2gb? patch..

[​IMG]

10. aufkrawall

aufkrawall Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC 2-Way SLI
    I think it's a bug of the game.
    Yes, DICE are THAT incompetent. ;)

11. eddieveenstra

eddieveenstra Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780@1150MHz
    This driver has a bug in Max Payne 3 chapter 4 with 580gtx sli. When in the kitchen of the bar i got a purple/blue screen (no bsod) 2 times. Installed the 296.10 and all is fine again. I don't like this new adaptive v sync new drivers....:puke2:

12. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Awesome Driver for the 460 GTX my MSI HAWK (factory overclocked, no 50 mhz issue) runs very nice with it :) no problems so far didn't tried advanced stuff yet but the ground Performance is just WOW.

13. digital john

digital john Guest

GPU:
    1gb
    hi guys,
    i have a problem by installing new drivers from 301.3x and higher.
    i'm running win 7 x64 sp1 with admin rights.
    i always get driver failed to install, what's going on?

14. Whesel

Whesel Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080
    Something I found out with this driverset is - Crysis 2 comes up with a "display driver has stopped responding and has automatically recovered" and it's the only game that does this. Running a Q8400 Oc'd to about 3Ghz GTX 560TI@stock to rule that out - I usually have it running at 950core 2200 mem no additional vcore - Crusis 2 running at 1920x1080 ultra settings with high rez pack and DX11 pack.

Tried to run the game with extreme settings high rez DX11 packs and display error still occures.

Now, uninstalled the newest WHQL driver and installed the previous WHQL driver the error disappears out in thin air.

Anyone else have this issue with Cysis 2 and the 301 driver ? I have thought about truying the beta drivers but I don't like those in particular - I've had wierd issues with beta drivers over the last few years, so I stick with WHQL if possible.

15. Foonus

Foonus Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 2070SC
    Unplayable

Running 2x ASUS Matrix 580's in SLI and havent had a set of drivers that provide playable FPS in any games since 296.10 and i have tried every one posted on this website since. Everything released since that revision results in a slide show no matter what game is played. Reverting to 296 fixes the issue...

Anyone with similar issues?

16. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I found the Nvidia 285.79 beta drivers to be the smoothest with my 580's. I had issues with all other drivers. The 285.79 also ran my 680's.

17. Pelzimus

Pelzimus Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB
    weird that there's no quality settings like low/med/high for FXAA, only on/off. So I guess it uses the best quality by default. At least BF3 and RO2 that have it built-in have different settings for FXAA.

18. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Pretty happy with the Driver also latency is nice :)

Compare between Intel SB Driver 2761 WHQL (HD 2000) and Nvidia 301.42 WHQL

Intel SB Driver 2671:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nvidia 301.42 WHQL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only Firefox is still a big downer here in it's overall Directx Performance and stability thus people should be aware all the crazy state changes when you use Firefox are due to it's still not optimal D2D implementation and not Nvidias fault in General and the Firefox Team is working heavily on improving it :(
    With Chrome/Chromium you wouldn't have seen any Frame Drops (on both) :(

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  19. Quatrix

Quatrix Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    NONE of that is necessary. Install on top of the old drivers and NVIDIA doesn't even make you restart any more. Driver/registry cleaners are pointless since it all gets overwritten with the new stuff anyway. You're living in the dark ages.

20. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    At least for the 460 GTX and Win 7 64 i can say the current WHQL driver is amazing it's stable as hell and Performs everywhere just amazing :)

I have no clock issues no v-sync issues it (MSI HAWK pre overclocked) just works everywhere even nvcuvenc encode in either partial or full encoding modes is flawless no visual bugs :)

Microsofts WinSAT measures the Performance on my system with 7,7 and that really reflects the Experience with it also the latency tests are great as shown previously.

Definitely Win 7 WHQL is not anymore comparable with XP WHQL ;)