Wii U is Sweet!

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Penal Stingray, Oct 28, 2012.

1. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    In the console world, numbers written on paper mean more than how the best games can look.
    That's why I think its important for console makers to use any hardware that is not common on PC...people make way too many judgements and spec comparisons. The difficult part is making a GPU that's unlike PC GPU architectures.

2. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    @ Penal Stingray,

Dude, of course they are going to sell. Look at how many of the first Wii sold. Does that mean it was the best system? Nope, because the Wii pretty much sucks. I get that you are excited for the system, but please stop trying to make it sound like it's the second coming. All this talk about how powerful the Wii U is compared to the current systems is just nonsense. On paper, it might look great, but we've seen this story before (Remember how the PS3 hardware was supposed to be superior to the 360? Did it actually make a difference? Not in the least.) As it stands, the Wii U will be marginally better graphically than the PS3 and 360 in some cases, but that isn't anything to be bragging about considering how old those systems are. And again, I've played with the Wii U (granted, not for very long and only one game) and it is not impressive at all. There is nothing that truly stands out graphically compared to other systems. It doesn't have that "OMG!" aspect to it, graphics wise.

3. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    PS3 graphics are superior to 360 once the cell broadband engine was coded correctly it only looks better on exclusives cuz developer fully utilize the hardware now let me ask you does 360 have any games graphics wise can beat uncharted 3?, 2011 vga awards uncharted 3 took home the best graphics and no 360 games able to top it third party games will look better on 360 since the hardware isnt fully utilize on ps3 but once the ps3 hardware is fully utilize aint no 360 games can top it.

uncharted 3 best graphics 2011 vga awards

http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2011-nominees/voting/best-graphics

IGN best graphics 2011 Uncharted 3

http://www.ign.com/wikis/best-of-2011/Best_Graphics

that was using ps3 full power now and upcoming games like Last of us and two souls are ps3 exclusive and 360 graphics dont stand chance lol man there not even on the same level lets make long story short 360 is best at 3rd party games when it comes to exclusive full power ps3 is better and uncharted 3 proves its as well as the upcoming game Last of us.

as for wii u where not gonna see its true power give it another year or two then developers will fully utilize the hardware. as a lunch title exclusive thse are already really good graphics. well heck a lot better than 360 and ps3 exclusives look like.

here is last of us ps3 exclusive gameplay now show me 360 game looks better lol thats all cell broaband put to use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbLOokeC3VU

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  4. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    So the nintendo wi u finally cought up kinda to very old consoles 360/ps3 and they are soon to release new consoles. FAIL

5. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    this nintendo specs is only better than ps3 and 360 it wont be near the ps4 or xbox 720 not even a competition at all.

6. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    How could you know? I mean you work for Microsoft or Sony? Tell you something everyone could come with ultra powerful console but there is one problem and it's cost. Even if Sony could afford it then we the users probably wont. Wii U is one hell of a butthurt for MS and Sony right now and their future on the console market is slightly unsecured right now.

7. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    Completely agree, from what we saw from the last Wii, Nintendo know what they are doing. I have no doubt the PS4 and 720 will be more powerful but the question is how much? I doubt they blow it out of the water otherwise the price will be astronomical

8. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    Yes I also think next PS and Xbox will be better than Wii U and they better be if the seek success. But here is a thing. Even if the consoles comes in 2013 then their GPU's MUST be based on the Radeon 7000/ GTX 600 series. Problem here is that we all know how much the performance class of these series cost. If MS and Sony put them inside combined with CPU's more powerful than WiiU's plus possible SSD then people better switch to custom build gaming rigs. If MS and Sony doesn't hurry, then for about 2-3 years Wii U may be the dominating console on the market. Let's face it I prefer to play Assassin's Creed III in 1080p 60fps not muddy 720p and 30fps. Also due to every year polygon increase current consoles have more and more problems like frame drops popups etc don't want say everything. Also if the Wii U is like Xbox360 or I say easy to make games for it then even if PS3/360 survive they may play WiiU ports. Don't want to sound here like crazy but maybe just maybe if MS and Sony get too late with their new consoles then their future products might play WiiU ports as well no matter how much power they have. On other hand if WiiU fail with it sales then Nintendo could fall into a sleep for a long time and wont look pretty.

9. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    @ Penal Stingray,

Dude, you are missing the point. Minor graphics improvements does not equal superiority. Sure, some of the PS3 exclusives look better because of fully utilizing the hardware, but at what cost and effort? And has that actually paid off? Face it, the Wii U will have very minimal improvements in graphics over the current systems. It doesn't have the ability to really distance itself enough, the hardware is just not there. Yes, it may be an improvement, but not enough to make a drastic difference. And again, the Wii U is basically just now achieving what the 360 and PS3 have been doing for years. Sorry, but I'm not impressed. To top things off, Nintendo isn't looking to cater to the core game market, once again. Their focus is on more "gimmicks" rather than focus on traditional solid gameplay. Seriously, if you get a chance to use that controller, you'll understand what I'm talking about. Just as with the Wii motes, this new controller is another silly attempt to attract the very casual market. And that is Nintendo's primary target. Sure, third party developers are going to initially be pushing games to the Wii U, but only because they finally have the hardware that is up to the level of the other systems. And when MS and Sony officially announce their next systems, the Wii U will be pushed back to the bottom. I know I keep repeating myself, but again. The Wii U is just too little, too late.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  10. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    I hear what you saying but here is what I think. I have owned a 360 and currently own a PS3 but only for exclusives. As a PC gamer I play most games on PC. I have my PS3 for the remaining exclusives I need to play, that and the Blu-ray player.

This means that I see myself having a Wii U to play some of the great exclusives that have been mentioned. So once I have played exclusives on PS3, my console combo will be PC+Wii U and maybe PS3 for Blurays. The PS3 will then get sold on for a 720 or PS4 if that is worthwhile at the time.

We at Guru don't buy consoles for Graphics but for exclusives. I have no doubt that if the PS4 and 720 have ridiculous graphics then the main****** may eventually choose it over the Wii U but it really depends on the games. Wii outsold the 360+PS3 put together

11. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Ok, but ..

1.) In a year or two when Wii U is hitting it's stride graphically as you say, the ps4/720 will be out and blowing it out of the water.

2.) Uncharted 3 looks like ass. I felt Uncharted 2 looked much, much better.

3.) The point you're missing is, I get it, sharper textures, more people on screen...the Wii U is doing NOTHING pc ports don't do already. What some of us are trying to tell you is nothing is eye-popping making you go OMG LOOK AT THAT! Yes, Creed looks better on Wii U, but not to the blind eye, you have to examine each shot, there isn't a HUGE difference as if we were looking at two completely different games.

4.) The Wii U is gonna sell. Plenty of Nintendo fans and people who just want new toys. Let's see how it fares when ms and sony have their next offerings out against it.

5.) You're excited for it, that's great. But don't be blinded by hype. Even if the system is uber powerful, you have to hope developer's take the time and spend the money to take advantage of that power. How do you sell a developer to make an exclusive title on your system, where you have a much smaller user base (which means less sales), you also charge more of a fee to make games on your system than the other two companies and you have an oddball controller they also have to keep in mind for?

If I'm a dev I'm not taking the risk. The market is already losing money hand over fist, why would I take such a chance in such a murky economy right now?

12. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    I might have to take back about xbox 720 leaving wii u out to dust but not sure yet The mass production for its gpu has already started that means they cant change it anymore as Hilber hagerdoorn says it will use a gpu 6670 if they use the new 7970 the console will cost too much lol. where talking about 600 dollar range and that is not an option microsoft will take.

http://www.ibtimes.com/xbox-720-production-underway-hardware-assembly-has-begun-report-696413

and heres from hilbert hagedoorn

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/xbox_720_will_get_gpu_based_on_radeon_6670.html

from eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-25-next-xbox-gpu-based-on-50-radeon-hd-6670-card-report

720 claims its 7x times powerful as the 360 well that all makes sense cause if they use 7970 or 7000 series thats gonna be more than 7x powerful in that case i dont see 720 blowing it out of the water yet. so looks like nintendo's wii u is standing strong and not far away or even up to par with microsoft next gen and they both use the same gpu 6670 prolly the 720 is just faster even with 20 percent performance increase on wii u thats not enough to blow it out of the water.

im not seing this next generation console as avatar like graphics just like amd said http://www.tomshardware.com/news/AMD-XBox-720-Xbox-720-Avatar-Graphics-Neal-Robison,13095.html

now as far a graphics goes PC will always dominate or even miles away. stars wars 1313 with CG graphics quality and took home best looking game on E3 well it was runnin on high end pc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8YJ78dtjkU

13. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Meh, looks about as good as Dead Island does on current gen consoles.

Seriously, "Its New!" doesn't fly with me.

14. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    The console is in short supply for no other reason then Nintendo has problems producing the thing.

15. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    lol i play dead island on both ps3 and 360 and pc since its one of my favorite game before my consoles went on ebay as usual the pc version is a lot better and but the console version they dont look nothin good like zombie u lol, the era of 360 and ps3 is almost over, by next year next gen xbox will replace it while wii u will enjoy 5 or 7 years of lifespan on the other hand 360 and ps3 is already gone. they wont be competing on the same level on wii u. it will be wii u, 720 or whatever there gona call it and ps4. now as far as graphics goes show me a graphics better than this on 360 "cough" with true 1080p not upscaled.

this is just a tech demo hence nintendo say the full game will look a lot better.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Lf4uVuE50

16. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    maybe if people stop buying it they would of not having problems producing so many demands ;) couple days system was announced gamestop sold out.

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    when the wii u is out?

18. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    No, I mean the fouderies (Read: TSMC) is having a VERY hard time with yields right now, which is driving up costs and limiting product quantity. Hence why the WiiU is being sold at a loss.

I also again point out, CPU wise, the console is a cripple. Several devs have already noted that while the WiiU can push a decent amount of graphical muscle, its weak CPU forces them to cut down in some aspects (Fewer units on screen at one time, etc). That difference will show next year when the PS4/720 release, and the WiiU, being the weakest of the bunch, gets forgetton by the devs. Remember that CoD5 was a launch title for the Wii...

19. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    nov 18 it comes with deluxe edition with black finish more storage, a game and some other stuff its 349, and 299 on the basic ones, i just preorder the basic ones since im only playing exclusives other games will be on pc.

20. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    no doubt ps4 or 720 will surpass it hell 360 and ps3 better on graphics? thats just stupid. and where did u find this info that they are having a hard time on yields? do you have any links? to back it up? as far as i know thats not the reason lol. as far as wii u have weaker cpu than 360 lol thats a joke assains creed 3 wii u version has more characters rendered on the screen than ps3 and 360 version. as i posted earlier on the forums it even has the link of it as one of the editors in gamespot told so.