Thermaltake Urban T81 Full Tower PC Chassis

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Thermaltake officially releases the new adoption of the Urban with the new Urban T81 -Thermaltake presents an update of its Urban line with the new Urban T81. The T81 is engineered for one solid purpo...

Thermaltake Urban T81 Full Tower PC Chassis

2. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Goodbye Antec 1200, hello Urban T81.

3. Fierce Guppy

Fierce Guppy Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 (10GB)
    Oh, very swank. There's no plasticky gimmicky looking façade on that one.

4. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    mmm was going to buy a Corsair 540 Air on Monday now this shows up...wonder the cost and availability?

5. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    Me likey. I especially like the hinged side panels.

6. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    It's $190 + $16 shipping on newegg. That probably doesnt help you out too much.

Edit: Anyone that likes this case should also know they are releasing the Core V71. It's essentially the same thing, but 30 bucks cheaper.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    look really nice now where is the model that DONT have this stupid transparent side bs

8. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    How else are people going to know that you are 1337

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    That is about as stupid as having led lights in side your case to make it look pretty.

I guess When I do new build I will buy a Antec Three Hundred AB which is newer version of the original Three Hundred I currently, And one of the few Case I like that dont have that stupid transparent side panal BS.

I get the some people just need to see inside the case but i not one them and manufactures should at lest make models that dont have that transparent side window bs

10. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    Everyone knows Red LED lights makes your computer faster, and blue ones make it cooler :p

11. Fierce Guppy

Fierce Guppy Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 (10GB)
    Then how will my artwork be seen?

12. ClexRex

ClexRex Guest

GPU:
    780 Classified / R9 290
    not everyones pc looks like ass....some people put a lot of work and time into building their pc and...simple look online will show some of custom work and effort put into not only the performance but the ecstatic's etc...

for one...people spend a lot of money on water cooling etc only to hide that hard work in beautiful looking tech?? that's just dumb....

13. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Am I seeing non-bs case from Thermaltake? It looks really great, but before hopping on a bandwagon, I'd like to see thermal- and acoustic-focused reviews.

14. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    It's far from dumb, it's personal preference. I'm not fond of windows myself, I care very little about what my computer looks like inside, or anyone else's for that matter. I make sure the wire management is good for the purpose of airflow and ease of hardware changes. What's important to me is how it runs, fluff rarely impresses me. I'd also like to point out that the main reason most people go water cooling is for improved cooling performance and quiet running, not to make their computer look pretty.

When I'm using my computer I'm looking at the monitor or Tv, when I'm not using it I'm not even in the same room as it. Even if I was I prefer a sleek and classy look. The vast majority of window setups look like some sort of boy racers wet dream in computer form as far as I'm concerned. Granted, that's my opinion and I'm sure many people on here disagree. Different people like different things, and there's nothing wrong with that, but to claim that people who don't care about internal aesthetics are dumb? It really doesn't fly.

15. Chess

Chess Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    ^^
    Agreed. Sleek, functional, industrial. Minimalistic and preferably quite like a high tech vault.

If I was to have lights in my PC enclosure, it'd be white CCFL's that pop on when you open the side panels. Not unlike industrial switch/fuseboards. Built in cable channels.

I'm looking for a good quiet case. Will wait for a review on this.

Ps. Why aren't there any PCs with luxury materials on the exterior?
    I'd like titanium, leather and brushed steel. Think sedan interior ;)

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    And not everone cares or want see threw panels, cause they dont care about what the inside of the case looks like or care about LED fans or care to see there fans lighting up the inside of there pc and there room cause the side panel is transparent... It in no way needed it just for the people that feel need to time on something that does not mater.

Airflow/cable management and how quiet its is what matters. Make the inside look pretty and shinny and light up is waste of time and money for something your dont look at inside of your case constantly you are your using your pc wrong or just care about something that dont mater seeing it all incased in the case anyway.

very few companies that make case still have to mind to make transparent/solid sides of the same model.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  17. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I just picked one of these up from NE since it was on a great sale (it's sold out now). I'll let you guys know how I like it/feel free to ask me for specific pics or whatever you want to know about it.

18. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Hi a few Pics would be great tempted to get one of these or the V71 which has the same cooling arrangement, still waiting for stock to arrive in NZ.

19. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    Looks almost perfect. No unnecessary curves & swellings. :)

20. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Could you tell how good it is in terms of:
    - keeping CPU cool
    - keeping GPU cool
    - eliminating fans/hdd vibrations
    - keeping computer quiet under load