The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Dec 21, 2012.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Right click on the folder and choose properties, it's 18.5 GB, Steam uses compression so the download is normally smaller than the actual game. :)

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thats like 11 Gbs off the same size as MaxPayne 3

3. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    For $15/£10 it's a bargain. They've still got a fair few bugs to quash however, and there's a biggy in multiplayer co-op mode. The game's crashing for whoever joins the server, and doesn't save progression, everything is lost, and player level is reset to 1.

Really hoping they prioritize that one.

Overall I'm really enjoying the game, and it's aesthetically pleasing, the GUI and menus are beautifully polished.

Here's 40mins worth of play from ForceSC2strategy (definitely gonna' be some spoilers!) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=OomnRceDkaU

Some screens; http://imgur.com/a/Nv71l

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I left my game downloading overnight but only had the chance to play the game for 40 minutes before work.

I'm impressed with the overall look and feel of the game. It's a fantasy action-RPG into the style of Diablo III and Titan Quest and so isn't exactly original in any sense of the word but it still manages to be very enjoyable as you do quests, level up and learn new powers. I only played it solo and it felt very polished and smooth with only some very, very minor stuttering every now and again (there are various options to play around with though to try to eliminate this issue). Graphically the game is very pleasant and animation is good (I like the way bodies turn over when you loot them). The user interface works exactly how you'd expect it to and the inventory menu even has a Reorganize (read: sort) function which is nice. To be honest, I think I'd have bought this game if it had been £20-£25 so at £10 it is a steal if you love these kinds of point 'n' click action-RPGs like I do. I'm surprised at how little fanfare it is getting; if it wasn't for this thread then I wouldn't have even known about it.

My only gripes with the game, albeit minor ones, are the lack of subtitles on the introductory video (where you're shown a map) and the surprisingly long loading times between new areas you're entering for the first time (going back to a previous area seems to load much quicker though).

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i'll never understand why killing animals like wolves results in gold droppings..

they carry gold around inside their ball sacs or what? [​IMG]

great game though, enjoying it so far, in short bursts this game is a lot of fun.

Fun Helsing lol

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Finished it after about nine hours of playing, did all that I could but I still somehow missed at least two things but you can keep playing after the ending so maybe I'll find those too, eventually. :p

Fun game. :)

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Character anmations like swording is horrible but game is good.

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    9 hours for a 19 GB game? Heck, what is all the space used for then? I was expecting it to be a 15-20 hour romp at least! Sure, it's only a tenner but I had no idea it was only that long.

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    They drop potions, clothes and weapons too! I guess when food is scarce they have to eat something... ;)

10. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    roflmao yeah i guess :D it's funny though.

11. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    man games are getting bigger in size, but not in playing hours,

its hard to keep up, since my connection is quota based, so the bigger the game is the more expensive it is for me to download it after i buy it.

i still got a lot of games not downloaded on my steam, because if i download even half of them, i would have been bankrupt first, before i can finish downloading them.

i'm kinda interested in this game, cause i remembered that the movie is quite good.

but man 19gigs for 9 hours of gameplay, that would cost me like 20$, just to download the game.

i really hate my country isp, they used to be unlimited, but since 2 years ago, it seems all of them decided to get together and decided to change it to quota based.

now i buy less games than before, before the issue is just HDD space, but now its HDD + ISP.

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Game download size is 8.* gb something.

13. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    that will still cost me $8 to download, so i don't know if it worth it, around $1/hour of gameplay then, not including the game price, might think about it for a while, besides i need to choose between alan wake (from humble) or buy this to download, too bad i can't choose both, well maybe i will get this when it went on sell, its hard to refuse alan wake for $1.

btw i though steam did not compressed their games download, i guess times change, didn't realise that now steam compressed their games download, i hope they do that more often, and also i hope they gonna do somekinda cooperation like facebook and other social sites did, in my country now visiting social media sites does not count toward the quota, even though its useless for me, since i doesn't use any of those sites.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Dont buy then. It is good but not tbat good to over limit your isp quota.

15. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    best game ever, i love it.!

16. Sergio

Sergio Guest

GPU:
    Asus 760 DirectCU II OC
    Any fixes/ideas for game stutter pls? Even with D3doverrider some tearings going on also. Or any tweaks? thx

And great game :)

edit: Using 64bit exe fixed most stutters and freezes for me.

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Weak

18. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
  19. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Guest

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    Anybody notice how the enemies (robot soldiers) have no gun sounds, or is that just me?

20. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    I didn't really notice if the robot soldiers made gun noise, I was to busy trying to salvage my health while being shot at by 12~15 of them all at the same time, while also trying to avoid being spat at and b!tch slapped by frog men and some type of boars, along with some tall blokes with axes and humanoid looking crows.
    Sometimes things just go from bad to worse when your trying to back peddle in the wrong direction...lol
    It's not long before you got a nice mix of 35+ enemies after your life all at the same time, who got time to listen to sounds.... lol