NVIDIA Reveals Tegra Note

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Rumors have been floating around for a while now, but today its finally announced as NVIDIA Reveals the Tegra Note. The Tegra Note platform delivers features such as Tegra 4, a stylus, good audio, H...

NVIDIA Reveals Tegra Note

2. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Looks like a pretty good tablet, would of been nice to have a higher resolution though.

3. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    720P? Fail...now am real happy I got the new Nexus 7..though a stylus is a nice touch

4. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I can't see a viable reason to go for this over the Nexus 7 v2 unless you desperately need a pen.

5. crap daddy

crap daddy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX960 SSC
    Stylus, SD card, front facing speakers, HDMI, slide cover included while being cheaper?

6. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I mentioned the Stylus. The SD card is nice, but has little impact on those that buy 7" tablets; as the iPad mini, Kindle Fire and Nexus 7 are all proof of this. HDMI is nice, but I have yet to see a single person ever hook up their tablet to a large screen. Front facing speakers is the only other big thing worth looking at.

7. vazup

vazup Guest

GPU:
    r9 280X
    I wonder how the Nexus 7 v2 graphic chip compares to Tegra4

8. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    Anyone make a smart phone or table with HD video IN, (and OUT of course).

9. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    This is almost what i want. Almost. the screen resolution is still what's killing it for me.
    I have 1080p movies, i want to watch them at 1080p.

10. vazup

vazup Guest

GPU:
    r9 280X
    How the hell can you watch 1080p movies on your monitor if 720p on a 7inch screen looks too pixelated for you?

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Who says he does watch them on a monitor, but your very close to a 7inch tablet so your more likely than ever to notice flaws.

I said it in the other thread as well, i just wouldn't want to go back down to a lower res screen since i got the Nexus7, i was also surprised how much easier it is browse when the screen is 19x12.

The specs on this are nice, but i would never use the sd card or stylus and gaming is the one thing i never do on phones or tablets.

12. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    It's the little things that bother me. a close up and the eyes not looking right.
    I'd probably end up watching it fairly close, so it matters. Even if you don't think so.

Essentially what you were saying was "My vision is bad, so no one else can see that well either."

13. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    If the screen is matte, it's already better than the Nexus 7V2 in my eyes. The glare on the Nexus is just unbearable.

14. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    I think this is more focused on using as a gaming device, and keeping it at 720p for that is actually a good idea.

The Tegra 4 is already about twice as fast as the Snapdragon 600 (Nexus 7 2's processor) and considering the Nexus 7 has to push twice the pixels it's safe to assume you'll get around 3x - 4x better performance on this Tegra Note than you would on the Nexus 7 for 3D heavy games.

I've got an Xperia Z Ultra with a Snapdragon 800 (about as fast as the Tegra 4) but running Asphault 8 on it's 1080p screen is actually kind've stuttery/laggy. In a way, the lower resolution keeps the Tegra Note more future proof.

15. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    That was what the Shield was supposed to be for. I don't see the point in overlapping the products.

16. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    Idk anyone who would want to carry that bulky thing around. I would be embarrassed to be seen with one lol. I would much rather own a Tegra Note than the Shield.

17. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    I'm with Play2lose, the Shield is just silly.
    I'd rather play with a tablet and a wireless controller. There are many nice bluetooth gamepads out there now. Even some mini pocket controllers.

18. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    We will need wait a test... On paper it look like they have take some good things from left and right. ( stylus from galaxy Note etc ), but right now, its just a marketing slide...

Need wait to see if the stylus tech is as good of the wacom one ( Samsung Note ).. price start at 199.- but like it seems they will be distributed by some brands ( what brand ? ) with different option, price could quickly go up.

Need to see how it compare to other 7-8" tablet.. ( when it will be available )

19. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    thread necro time...

I was just thinking about what tablet I want to get for xmas and I'm thinking of either the EVGA or HP Tegra Note, then I remembered this thread. Just wanted to bump with this picture, this is why they went with 1280x800 (or at least a nice bonus of cheaping out on the screen)

[​IMG]

GLBenchmarks translate to real word performance pretty accurately on android devices, so with the latest games that you play at 14fps on the 2013 Nexus 7 you could be getting 30+ fps with a Tegra Note :) The Tegra Note either beats or destroys the 2013 N7 in I think literally every benchmark in their anandtech review, so the price to performance ratio is really up there.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, but as you mentioned that will be the resolution difference compared to the 2013 N7.

I don't really game on tablets, can you change the res in any games?