Crysis 3?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    I know these things are a matter of opinion, but I seriously think that anyone that could possibly call any of the Crysis games crap, is full of crap.

It's like saying that Kate Upton is ugly. You may be in to brunettes or asians but...

Crayis games may not have been your personal favorite, they may not have been the greatest, but it's just silly to claim that they were bad games.

Badmouthing the Crysis series is simply trolling. Again, this isn't to say that it was necessarily everyone's perfect gaming experience, but the sheer quality of it puts it well above the vast majority of games.

As for graphics, the high-def textures and various mods have made Crysis 2 one of the best looking games there ever was. If you disagree, you obviously haven't MaLDo's high texture mod.

Oh, and for the guy that said that Warhead was a DLC at best (while loling), are your parents siblings? It was a stand alone, 6-7 hour game... Sheesh...

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Crytek has more then one studio. If I remember correctly... there's five different studios.
    As they also have one of their studios making that game Warface and another studio working on Timesplitters 4.

The Crysis games are done by the main Crytek studio. While other projects like Homefront 2, Timesplitters 4 and such... are done by Crytek UK and such.

Personally, I'd be up for a third game.
    I was hugely disappointed with the first Crysis. While it's a visual wonder... as a game it was rather lacluster. With a subpar plot, broken pacing and paperthin characters.
    Not to mention average gameplay that falls apart as the game's flow deteriorates.

Crysis 2 maintained a more solid pacing and flow from start to finish. More defined characters, and a more solid... better told story.
    While Crysis 2 may not have been the benchmark achievement visually that the first game was, it's still a good looking game.
    And to me, visuals don't make a game. As pretty as Crysis is, I can't stand to play it as the game bores the hell out of me.

3. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I liked Warhead the best....Prophet was great :D

4. Cambria

Cambria Guest

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    Crysis WAS playable at highest settings when it was first released. You just needed top of the line hardware to do so. My 8800GTS at the time could play it at highest settings no AA at 720p so Id imagine an 8800 Ultra paired with a C2Q of that time would have been able to run it even better. Considering back then I was using a dual core S939 AMD.

So Id imagine if you had 2x 8800Ultras in SLi with a quad core overclocked, maxing Crysis probably wasnt too difficult.

It would ruin the game completely. And make no money.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012

5. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    There was no hardware when it first came out that would run it max at 1920x1080

6. Cambria

Cambria Guest

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    Maybe not at 1080, but looks like 1280x1024 was playable:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=50620

Thats also a single card it looks like so perhaps SLi would have allowed for more playable frame rates at 1680x1050.

I found some other sources benchmarking at 1280x1024 with playable framerates. So it was indeed playable at highest settings, just at a medium resolution.

7. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    C2 was a let-down tbh. Too dumbed-down and no interesting enemies. First 2 games were great though.

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    You played as Psycho in Warhead.
    Prophet was a supporting character in the first game, and a main character (of sorts) in Crysis 2.

9. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Yeah, my bad...I meant Psycho....he was great!

10. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+
    Crysis and Crysis: Warhead will remain among my favorite games. They were by no means just "glorified tech demos," like many like to say. They were TRULY fun. Sandbox-style gameplay rocked. You could play stealthily or like Rambo. Vehicles, North Koreans, and aliens.

Although to be fair, I enjoyed the game more before the aliens showed up. Same with Far Cry (although it had mutants rather than aliens).

Crysis 2 is an abomination. AWFUL story which is absurdly-confusing and disconnected from the first (and they do a piss-poor job in bridging the gap). Different story-writer, but still. And the sandbox-esque nature of Crysis and Crysis Warhead are not there at all.

Not to mention the vastly inferior physics and model poly counts.

It was a console port. With a crappy CoD-clone MP. Crytek betrayed PC gamers and also threw away the epic nature of Crysis Wars (MP from Crysis Warhead) to appeal to console scrubs.

I will forever distrust Crytek, and will never buy another game of theirs unless they make it up to PC gamers and de-casualize their games.

- PR-0927

11. The Fitter

The Fitter Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti oc
    I'm with the people who loved the first Crysis. The first beach scrap in the morning sun, with boats blowing hell out of the huts and mounted jeeps spraying lead. Christ I must of replayed that fight 10x over. I had a 8800gtx and was running (I think) very high at 1680x1050 and all was cool until a huge battle broke out and brought my pc to it's knees. I purchased a 2nd 8800gtx (around £400 and almost cost me my marriage) which made almost no difference to frame rates and plenty to heat. Think I dropped the detail to an average level and played through enjoying almost all the way.
    Have now played the game through 3 times and messed on various levels many more. To date is the only game I have ever beaten on the hardest setting (Delta I believe). Also my pre purchase of Crysis 2 was my longest wait of just over a year. (FarCry 3 is going to run that close though)
    Oh good times.

12. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    It seems that crysis series are like durians, either you love them or hate them

[​IMG]

I like crysis 1 and warhead, but not so much for crysis 2.
    crysis 3 if out i might buy it

13. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Cool. I'd rather play this, which will at least push the technology, than something like cod.

btw, I think Crytek UK is making Homefront 2. So this could be related to that game.

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i hope they wont make another one placed in a city. a sandbox game i do prefer.

15. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I agree with the added character elements that Psycho brought to the table. He's such an involving character that you learn to slowly associate with as the cut scenes unfold and it made proceedings a lot more interesting inbetween just spawning at mission gates with nothing to relate to. He pretty much made the Warhead experience what it was whereas your Crysis character was a faceless voiceless drone.

I was hoping Crysis 2 would follow the same path but alas it didn't really happen.

Still scratching my head at much of the negativity aimed towards the first game. It was as much fun as you made it whether that be playing mind games with the awesome AI or just going all out on balls to the wall killing and destruction sprees. The story was weak I agree but the suit abilities alone made up for that on its own.

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    no one has the right to say crysis 1 was bad, it was the benchmark of gaming industry at it's time, but on the other hand it wasn't optimized at all, it ran like crap without the overhaul in cfg commands, that's the only downside of it, it is still the visual fest that sets the standard, gameplay wise it is fun because u have very big level to explore, and it's replayability is 100%, you don't get enough of playing through..
    while i liked crysis 2 aesthetic graphics and detail,weapon models ..but it falls on it's own with the gameplay, too narrowed..
    i'll keep my fingers crossed for crysis 3.

17. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Amused by this sentence Yoda is.

But seriously that sentence sounded like ye old English, me likey.

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    man, it was their profitable strategy, because of piracy, they didn't sell much in crysis 1, every other game developper is heading for multiplatform, so more ports are coming "A LA" crysis 2, because it's more profitable, it's not a matter of caring about the pc community, they had to do this.

19. Cambria

Cambria Guest

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    They sold their souls to the devil (console).

CryTek made Homefront? I dont remember seeing anything about that. But if so, it was a huge failure. Worst than Crysis 2. I wasted $60 on that worthless game and traded it back in the next day. The story (which was retarded) was 15mins long and the multiplayer was boring as all hell.

CryTek just needs to stop making games period. They have strayed away from their only skill, which was making badass graphics. Now that they arnt doing that, there is no reason for them to continue making games.

20. scitek

scitek Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    No, they didn't make Homefront. That was Kaos Studios, which is no longer around. Homefront 2 is being made by Crytek UK, formerly Freeradical Design of TimeSplitters fame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.