GeForce 340.52 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Jul 29, 2014.

1. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Old CUDA support?

EDIT: To clarify, does this affect NVENC in any way? or it just readds NVCUVID?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  2. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I had no such a experience as lower the performance of my old card. I had slightly performance increase but definitely not decrease.

3. Cyris

Cyris Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    No, only NVCUVID is added again. Both should be working with this mod driver.

4. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    No, next BETA I believe. 340.52 WHQL is really just a GameStream/Shield Tablet compatible driver with some other fixes.

The upcoming BETA will have more stuff people are interested in.

5. BedantP

BedantP Guest

GPU:
    1660Ti
    WTF is going on? Isn't the version same as Quadro? Is there any improvement? Gonna stick with AMD from now. AMD doesn't at least give us these confusions. Please report if you find any performance improvements. ;)

6. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    The tessellation bug in Locheed Martin's Prepar3D is still present, causing missing triangles in the terrain... very disappointed this was not fixed, as its a show-stopper for those wishing to use that app with other titles benefiting from the newer drivers.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
  8. Retow

Retow Active Member

GPU:
    GTX780 ti
    Agreed blank terrain triangles galore.

9. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Read my previous post.

10. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Getting more and more annoyed with Nvidia's inability to fix these ongoing problems.

This has been reported for several months.

11. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Chears, it works fine.

12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    If I am not mistaken ManualG said the Heven/Valley bug is being fixed, in upcoming driver .
    I can't remember if it si beta or official driver

13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I wonder if the FXAA+MSAA bug has been finally fixed. At least SWTOR had it (in game high AA).

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Their drivers seem to be in a tailspin recently, I remember when they had sli profiles before the games were released or the same day.

15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I won't bother with this one, no new game that requires any updates/sli profile out anyway.

16. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    The full colour hdmi problem has been reported for years, apparently they say they will fix it at the end of this year. We shall see.

They are also removing features like cuda and having 0 fps prerendered. Yea in this case it was better 'back in the day'.

Shame seems amd is getting better and better.

17. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I hate to say it but if AMDs next batch have a clean release (decent cooling, fast etc), I'm done with Nvidia for the time being.

They are not what they used to be and with their idiotic pricing that is just insulting, I just can't condone giving them anymore money.

Sure, CF can be a problem for older games but one card is usually enough for older games at 1080/1440P.

The focus seems to have shifted from quality hardware and drivers to 'how much money can we take this time' in the form of endless refreshes and then new cards that offer ~20% performance while constantly and drastically inflating the price.

I'm not adverse to spending money, but not for roughly the same performance I spent thousands of dollars for on last years tech.

And as far as SLI support goes, we have waited months for SLI support where most of this years biggest releases are concerned and then in the case of TitanFall, we still don't have it (and probably never will).

Meanwhile Nvidia bangs on about 4K gaming:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/4k

Newsflash, 4K isn't a f**king option without SLI.

And I don't want to hear anymore of this 'it's up to the developers' nonsense.

It's up to Nvidia to liaise with the developers to make sure this sh!t gets sorted out before launch (especially in the case of AAA titles), I can forgive the fact that not every single indie game is going to have SLI support at launch, that's fair enough.

/rant off, but seriously - given what Nvidia used to be, this is very disheartening.

18. chuuey

chuuey Guest

Yep, i'm getting AMD next time around.

19. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I am happy with my 570. Does the job. Even in 2K cinema resolution i am perfect with the performance.

20. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I only ever had to run the Full RGB hack once. You only have to repeat the process if you do a "Clean Install" If you close programs like MSI AB, Steam/Origin/Battle.net etc etc, you should be able to install normally without a clean install every time.

I've never had an issue upgrading over drivers that way. Don't let paranoia get in the way of your PC. Closing running programs is a great idea when installing drivers.

Also Full RGB is an option, not a default. It's not really a "fix" it's just not there to "choose" from. "RGB Limited" and "RGB Full" should be options. RGB limited will show correct grays, while RGB full will make those greys a deeper black for those who feel gray is too washed out looking.

CUDA is there, but GeForce is using Nvidia NVENC now for most applications.

A handful of software already made the change.

OBS, Xsplit Gamecaster are some examples. I use Xsplit and NVENC works like a charm.

0 fps pre-rendered? That is a problem for you? Why? There is no scenario where this is needed to be adjusted. I've used SLI and single gpu combinations for years, and never ever had to adjust the fps pre-render settings.

Most games where this is an issue, have the option built in-game. Otherwise you are just tweaking something that does not need to be tweaked. Almost like placebo.

They are no better.

Current Nvidia drivers a GTX 780 beats out an R9 290x.

If flashing textures in a stupid benchmark really want to make people switch camps, then I don't know what the world is coming to. That is sad.

They said it will be fixed, but I understand why that is in the back of the to do list. It's a bench mark. I'd be more worried about gaming.

I don't even bench with my rig. I didn't spend all this money on it to bench, I did it to game.