Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It's the old resolution. That darkness is more than likely cause by the bolded line.

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Holy crap, that was it. I wonder how it got turned off? Ive been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why those shadows looked like that. Thanks man. :thumbup:

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Hey Anarion, maybe you can figure this out. Nothing highlights to use/pick up and now I cant go any further. I had this problem at the first door back on earth, the one the husk was trying to get though. I managed to fix that buy uninstalling/reinstalling the game. Tried the same here and still cant get any further.

[​IMG]

4. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    Just got flamed on OCUK for saying this is my favourite game, I will defend this game for as long as it takes because while it failed to live up to the hype it was still very good at doing what it tried to do, it told a story and told it well, loved it. Yes the ending could have been better but the game was still great

5. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Yes! I completely agree. Call me crazy (as many have) but I actually liked the ending. I maxed out my military readiness, replayed the last couple of missions starting with the Cerberus base and went for the synthesis ending. Whenever you have a franchise so many people love, there is bound to be upset when it concludes. You can't please everyone, especially with an art form.

6. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    I didn't like the ending but it's madness to say that the game was bad. It was better compared to 1 and 2 in almost all ways possible. But that's just me.

7. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    epic game

biggest crap of an ending in gaming history

8. COD4000

COD4000 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    I remember while playing through it I was thinking this was the best of the 3. But I think the ending was so crap that most people forget how good the whole game was.

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    So does anyone have an idea as to why the "use" function isnt working. BSN is completely useless as usual.

10. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Yeah, the game was good. Just the ending was crap.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The ending was one of my favourite things, it shocked me, which is always a good thing when it comes to movies and games, as 99% of endings are predictable and unoriginal.

When it happened i thought well done Bioware for trying to be do something different, even though they must of known it would be unpopular, unfortunately they sold out and gave in with the new ending DLC

12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Hmm... That has never happened to me. Reloading the mission (i.e. restart mission) doesn't help?

Seriously, unpredictable doesn't equal good (especially in this case). There were too many plot holes and things that just made no sense at all. I felt sick after finishing the game.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  13. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Well, different is ok. But...

...if all your choices throughout the series boil down to 3 almost identical endings, it feels kinda rushed.

I'm not saying i didn't like the ending.
    It's better than your average "happy ever after" ending... but a bit more variety other than different colored explosions wouldn't have hurt them.

Also, that Starchild (the Ghostkid) felt out of place, since it didn't add anything to the plot whatsoever, except for a short moment of "WTF?".
    I would've prefered talking to the Harbinger or some other Reaper, or none at all.

Oh yeah, and the last scene on that jungel-like planet also didn't add anything except for confusion. So they're supposed to go all Adam and Eve again?
    What happens with that huge fleet in our solar system, now that all the relays are destroyed? Now the Quarians have a new planet they can't even come back to.

It's not just the ending, it's everything around it.
    BioWare could go the "we leave it open to the crowd" approach, yeah... simply because they havent thought about it.

Absolutely.

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I detest predictable as it's all we get these days, so maybe i was more willing to accept the plot holes for something less wishy-washy, but i do agree for an RPG it is a bit of a poor show to ignore choice just to get your artistic ideals across.

15. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I have done everything fromn reinstalling the game to changing drivers to creating a new save. Nothing works. I tried to get some answers from BSN, but no one has replied

16. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I think something is wrong with my computer. I loaded ME3 on my bench rig and everything works like it should. Not sure what is wrong, but I know i'm overdue for a reformat.

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Scratch that. Its happening again on my other rig. Something is definitely wrong with this game. Still got no response from my post on BSN. Bunch of useless a-holes on that forum.

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    get someone else to try the save

19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I tried that when i first encountered the problem. I thought it was a bug in Gibbed's save editor, but it happens with a save transfer or me3 created one.

20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Can anyone by chance upload a save, preferbly at the mars archive. It dont matter if its a male or female shep. I just want to try something out.

EDIT:

Nevermind. Had a friend send me a few save files and it's happening with those as well. Now I know there's a bug in the game.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.