Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme 1366 RT on LGA 2011?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by BarryB, Nov 24, 2012.

1. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    So, thinking of getting an LGA 2011 board and not sure if my cooler will fit as it's for LGA 1366

Saw these on Thermalrights site: http://www.thermalright.com/html/products/accessories/accessories_retention_module.html The first two items, LGA 2011 Retention kit and LGA 2011 Adapter kit, but nothing mentions the Ultra 120 eXtreme. Googling throws up some info on success with the Adapter kit but no pics of the install or if anything else is needed.

Short of emailing Thermalright, anyone know if this cooler can be used on LGA 2011 board and what, if any, fittings are needed?

2. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Obviously you're all on 2011 boards and have new coolers then :)

I had an email back from Thermalright and this cooler can be used on 2011 boards using the Venomous BTK Bolt Thru Kit and the 2011 Adapter Kit :banana:

Think the price is around £15 for both items but a quick google doesn't find any for immediate sale in the UK, scan are on pre-order!!

3. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Also found out that some of the ASUS Socket 2011 boards come with the X-SOCKET which lets you swapout the 2011 backplate and use LGA 1366 coolers on them. Currently, only the Rampage IV Extreme and Rampage IV Formula have them in the box.

My current board is an ASUS one so looks like going ASUS again and blagging an X-Socket thus saving the cost of a new cooler!!