The Walking Dead (The Game)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by blesner, May 1, 2011.

1. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    It was painful watching them try to aim and look around with a controller.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Video's been pulled.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Indeed. :D

Looks funny though, what a pile of crap.

4. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    i suppose you're not familiar with TellTale Games? The game looks alright. But I'll rather wait until all the episodes are released. Just like with Jurassic Park: The Game.

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    it's not the producer's fault, they are actually bringing the comics on screen, now whether you like it or not that's another story ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

but i think the game will have it's own original story, at least judging from previous TellTale games, for instance Back To The Future the game had 5 original episodes, so i guess that's how its going to be for The Walking Dead.

looking forward to play the game. [​IMG]

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yes, the game features it's own story and doesn't focus on the main group of Rick and his people.
    Glenn is in the first episode of the game, but then he leaves as you continue on your own "path" so to speak.

Personally, I liked Season 2 of the show. It did have some dull moments and they stayed at the farm for far too long. But it did pick up a lot in the second half and it looks to be taking the right turn for Season 3.

As for the game, I'll get it. :) I'm a fan of The Walking Dead, so... as soon as the game goes up on STEAM I'll be grabbing it.

7. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Now available to pre order on steam!!!!!

Should keep me satisfied until the third season of the TV show comes out in September

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207610/

8. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
  9. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    WOW that looks fantastic!!!

10. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    8.5/10 from IGN.

They are pretty spot on when it comes to Teltale Games.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've just finished the first episode after about 1 hour 45 minutes. I enjoyed it and thought it was pretty good overall, feeling very much like an episode of the TV series in terms of structure. The gameplay is very similar to Jurassic Park but this is more interactive, allowing you to actually move around (though not offering as much freedom as, say, Tales of Monkey Island). There are also five key choices you have to make which apparently affect future episodes. It's not perfect though, some of the dialogue is a bit naff and the game occasionally hitched for me even though on maxed out settings at 1920x1200 it bearly made my graphics card sweat (it ran at sub-50 C throughout). Visually it's nice and despite the comic book art style the gore still packs a punch.

My only real complaint is that the brief length of the game would suit a weekly release (again like a TV series) but having to wait a month between 2 hour episodes is not really ideal. Yes, you can replay the episodes and make different decisions and choices but ultimately it ends the same way regardless.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Bought and finished took me hours darren. U did pretty fast. Well i played like i live the game mtalkedmto every one etc etc. Anyway. Realy was great.

13. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i just got the game, about to play it, very excited.

will report my thoughts.

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well I certainly did not rush though it and did every task and talked to everyone until the conversation choices were exhausted. I just found the game surprisingly easy, much easier than previous Tell Tale games.

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    DArren r there any other games this kind of that i can game wiih gamepad pls..i liked it man. adventure game reborn for me with this gamepad supported game :)

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well, Jurassic Park is pretty similar, less interactive certainly but works well with the Xbox 360 controller and plays very much like the PS3's Heavy Rain (you basically play through the game by following button/stick prompts and select from dialogue choices, you don't actually move your character though the game in the normal way). I actually thought the game was average at first but I've grown to actually enjoy it. Alas, it has the same hitching issues in cutscenes as The Walking Dead but it well worth the tenner or whatever it costs now if you're a fan of the movies.

Also, Tales of Monkey Island and Back to the Future, both also from Telltale, can be played fine with the Xbox 360 controller, though both those are more like traditional point 'n' click adventures.

17. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    ^Lmao ^^ Glenn's a little bitch, he needs to man-up and lay that to waste! That would be reality.

18. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    Good game indeed. It's too short but still very entertaining. Waiting for the next episode is sucks

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah i enjoyed episode 1,i wanted more,cant wait for episode 2,i thought it was great how they had power at the motel and then the power failed,has a good atmosphere.

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Is Episode 2 out today? It's a bit insulting that it came out first on the PS3 on Wednesday and we PC owners have to wait a couple of days for it.