Keeping Fit

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Yecnot, Aug 31, 2014.

1. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    keeping fit starts with the mindset.
    the battle start at brain level,serotonin level .
    maybe i am wrong,tough.
    but i think one has to keep fit both things mind and body.

2. spider

spider Guest

GPU:
    GTX760 OC 4GB
    I personally would not eat less than 65% of the basal metabolic rate per day.

3. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    That would be those who live for pleasure. I personally think that The five senses are meant to gather information for the brain, not to be wasted upon such things.

4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Another helpful thing is avoiding food after say 21:00.

I saw a program at TV where scientist demonstrated his research to a journalist, according to which every human has predisposition to some kind of exercises (and some schedule of). For example most people would have huge benefits from short burst (2 minutes once or twice per a week as I recall) of activity (e.g. Exercise Bike) on the maximum of their capabilities. And that predisposition can be estimated. Scientist took a bunch of analyzes from journalist before actual exercises, and predicted that he won`t show big progress due to some factors. But TV guy was impressed nevertheless by improvement of his health.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014

5. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    This what keeps me fit without excess exercise:
    Less tea+coffee+sugar and juice of 6 limes a day (3 in the morning 3 at night, no sugar). Also a cup of hot pure chocolate (no sugar no creamer/milk) is quite refreshing after a long tiring day.

What i get: clear mind, less drowsiness, more energy

I used to drink at least 3 cups of coffee a day, now I limit myself to 1 cup only.

I also play badminton once a week for about an hour.

About fasting, I agree with anticupidon. I did that many times before.

6. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I wouldn't do the fourth due to the fact that it is the worst thing that you could do for your body. Also if you fasted then you started to eat then any weight loss due to fasting you would gain it right back due to the ravishing nature.

7. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I think the op was asking for a workout program maybe?

Monday-Do biceps and calves
    Tue-Chest and hamstrings
    Wed-Back and forarms
    Thur-off
    Fri-Legs and back
    Sat-off
    Sun-Cardio for 2 hrs........could be running, boxing or sparing, wrestling, whatever you like.

Try and consume 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight so a 180 pound man would need 180 grams of protein in order to maintain and build new muscle tissue.You can consume more but you risk getting Bloated and I dont like the bloated look! Carbs are just as important eat alot of green veggies they make you vascular lol popeye style kekekekekeke.

8. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Or if you perfer to look like a light-bulb do this....

Mon-Biceps and triceps
    Tue-Chest and forarms
    Wed-Back and Trapps
    Thur-Off
    Fri-start all over again with day one, never ever train your legs and youll be a true 1980s Muscle-man light bulb style, or Mr chicken legs pak-pak!!!!!!!lol

9. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    You can go Rocky style and drink raww eggs, then go running down the road in silver joggers and a red head band? Lol sorry I just had too I dont know whats getting over me tonight.Dont forget to wear a ripped wife beater underneath as well.

If you wanna go all out get a bouncing ball as well, I think you will get locked-up within the hour lol.

10. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Waste of time and energy

11. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Well maybe for you? Your probbly one of those Internet heros who thinks he can kill people with his mind-power! Being fit and in good shape is a waste of time for you? I Bet my 6 year old daughter can kick your ass, you just keep thinking that way ull get real far with the ladies, all your buddys will kick your ass, little girls will also lol.But as long as you have a fast computer who cares right?lol

Some people I swear to god.

12. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Jesus calm down bro! lol Sorry but that's my opinion on the subject waste of time and energy..by the way you sound like a real prat:)

13. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Let me ask you something.....2 guys walking down the street, 1 is a computer geek like urself, with straws for arms, chicken legs and a long neck with lots of acne, the other guy is ripped, tanned and dressed up the ying yang, you think your gonna pick up the ladies?

Maybe some old Grandmother that needs her grocerys carried? But no thank you ill stick to my current teaining regime and you just stay on your computer no worries!Haha.

Women love to see a strong good looking guy, how do I know?Welk they look ar me wherever I go friend.Young and old broads as well and you know what i really love more then anything else? When theres a couple and the girl still stares at you even tough shes with her straw man!I love every minute of it!

14. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    How could you say its a waste of time? Its a waste of time what you do not me.Do you enjoy being average?Do you wanna look like everyone else and just blend into the crowd? I know I dont dude sirry
    sorry.Yeah being fit, looking your best is not a waste of time.

Maybe i was a bit harsh and sorry about that, but i just hate when people say that its not true.Ask any girl you know.....your sister if you have one, ask your girlfriend what she thinks about a ripped guy, or better yet pay attention to her eyes when she sees a good looking guy.

Dont be that guy, thats all iam trying to say dude.

15. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Both of you kids calm down.

Now back to the OP's subject.

I lift 5 days a week.

Sunday - Chest
    Monday - Shoulders, abs
    Tuesday - Arms (Tri's, Bi's)
    Wednesday - Back, abs
    Thursday - Legs

I throw in abs twice a week, however in my case I have seen nice shape also coming from deadlifts in my ab area as it works that part also. Bench press also has an effect on your upper abs.

Been lifting serious for just over a year now. Currently wiegh 80kg at 5'11 and benching 110kg.

Still have all the time for gaming/free time.

My workouts like 45-50 mintues after work. It's well worth it. You look better, feel better and have more energy.

No better feeling looking good in jeans with a nice t-shirt or shirt outlining your solid, defined pecks.

inb4 whats his name shows up on this thread... you all know who I am talking about :p

16. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Exactly the point i was trying to make, thank you.

17. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    lol my bad, but still not eating at all is pretty bad. It would be more ideal eating fruit or veg only for the entire day

No, the best way to keep it healthy is to eat healthy. Get plenty of fibre that's good for digestive system

18. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    5+5=10, so does 7+3.
    I respect your opinion.
    But also there is a lot of in depth information about fasting.
    Still, each body is different and different metabolism.

19. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Bike almost everyday from a mile to a dozen.
    If I'm doing it for exercise/boredom, I'll do around 25 miles.

20. Constant

Constant Guest

GPU:
    ASUS HD7990@1115 1.290v
    I work out almost every other day 30-45min different muscle group , lifting only.

I also avoid sugar , fried food , fats , excessive oil etc , never eat after 21:00