New ThermalTake Core X9 case received in egregious condition

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Koniakki, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Hello my dear fellow Guru3D members...

After the whole journey with my lovely but troublesome Core P5 I decided to give TT another go.

Bought new. But It seems I waited 1+ month, only to find this when opening the case...

Hint: Not pretty. I have uploaded the video from where the snapshots below were taken to my Google Drive.

Click spoiler below for more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm still processing the situation. It's will not be easy to handle this because of my location(shipping times/costs).

Any suggestions how to deal with this please?

Sending this amazing monster case back would be a real problem for me.

Replacement parts would be the best solution imo.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Thanks.

2. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    A small update(or lack thereof):

4 days and NOT single reply from anyone. Either e-shop where case was purchased or ThermalTake support.

I expect ThermalTake to honor their "Key 3 Spirit" motto, so if we got any TT Rep here please feel to contact me.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    That's just nasty, the etailer is the responsible party here. They should arrange RMA and shipments back + make their claim at the shipping party insurance matters wise.

4. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

As above HH suggested and said, etailer should be responsible for shipping etc and for RMA replacement

But still this shouldn't happen and is I would be very disappointed with this and looks very nasty

Something similar has happened to me with Phanteks Enthoo Primo, case has come with broken top panel and I contacted my etailer and he didn't been very happy about this but agreed to replace the case which I didn't wanted as they would send me Phanteks Enthoo Primo but not red black but pure black case, contacted Phanteks and they said, send me invoice and they will be sending me top panel free of charge

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

5. Montville

Montville Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 7900XT

You have consumer affairs in your country? talk to them...

6. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Hello boss and my fellow G3D members. A small follow up on the situation. :D

Yeah, if one can guess by that smiley above, ThermalTake came through again and I'm in communication with a TT Rep and with fingers crossed, I hope we manage to sort this issue.

Also I said again because ThermalTake has helped before with the Core P5 PCIe riser cables(they sent me the new version when requested), so my hopes are high!

Yes, this is great news! I will keep you posted.