Wii U is Sweet!

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Penal Stingray, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The CPU will no doubt be capable of great things if used properly, but Nintendo should of learned from Sony's mistake and realise that if you make things awkward for dev's they will either put out a poor port or even worse not even bother porting it at all.

I think console will do well and if it's priced right when the next Playstation and Xbox come out then i don't see that hurting the Wii-U either.

Saying that i doubt i will be buying one, while i do like the controller i've never been a fan of any of Nintendo's IP's, so there isn't much point if i already have a PC.

2. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    Heres One Big Multiplatform Game I Mean "BIG!" Headed To Wii U! "BATTLEFIELD 4"

"We haven’t heard anything concrete for more than a year, other than developer DICE saying they “see potential” in the Wii U." Im guessing when they say "see potential" its gotta be hardware wise they prolly saw the wii u is one powerful lil console.

Talking about 3rd party support that right there is one solid 3rd party support u got Call of duty series and BF series now on Wii u i mean those are the two biggest shooters i unno what more u ask.

Like i said before developers arent stupid they aint gonna make big hit games on console if the see it has no potential and future.

Link:http://wiiudaily.com/2012/08/battlefield-3-on-wii-u/

Final Fantasy XV Coming To Wii U and PS3 too bad No 360! I notice on the video it could be real time rendering using Wii U hardware.

Link: http://www.gamezone.com/products/fi...ntasy-xv-leaked-for-wii-u-and-ps3-no-xbox-360

As you may already know UBISOFT is supporting nintendo "One of wii u's strong 3rd party supporter" Splinter Cell Black List Headed to Wii u after 360,ps3 and pc release. The Wii U Version Box already been spotted in irish gamestop.

Link: http://www.computerandvideogames.co...-pre-order-boxes-spotted-at-gamestop-ireland/

Retro Studios Working On Starfox United

Link: http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/rumor-retros-project-is-starfox-united

hit games like this on N64 and gamecube will definitely come out on wii u knowing wii u is more poweful and succesful than gamecube.

Another Big One! Metal Gear Ground Zeroes Might come out to Wii U.

" Especially in Japan,Konami celebrates the 25th Anniversary of Metal Gear Solid - and announced a brand new part of the traditional action-stealth series. Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero is the game that is being developed by Hideo Kojima and Kojima Productions studio is run on the FOX Engine. So far,we have not seen too much from the game and platforms have not been announced.

Obviously it is in Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes but an action game set in an open world,at the center once again Snake is. In a short demo sequence,he appeared on a secret military base,he evaded searchlights and struggled with rain on a dark night. A first atmospheric artwork Konami and Kojima have already been published.

It is expected that the title still appears for the current console generation of PlayStation 3 and Xbox360. Allegedly was at the event but also rumored to already have an implementation for the Wii U and the next Microsoft console. How much is to keep it real,while addressing critical remarks by Kojima and the Wii U console (click) questionable."

Link: http://www.wiiux.de/neuigkeiten/992-metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-angekuendigt

Also some dude manage to hack wii u online Hub and saw upcoming games "Metal Gear Solid"

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h60G1jN35IM&feature=g-high-u

I have feeling it will come out lol!

Now if wii u cpu so weak why are they games even coming out to wii u i mean BF4 that thing aint gonna run on some weak cpu lmao.

Another Hardware Intensive Game Might Land on wii u and its "Lost Planet 3" By Capcom

Link:http://gamerxchange.net/2012/11/12/lost-planet-3-coming-to-wii-u/

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  3. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Such energy spent to defend a console... just go play games guys.

4. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    CPU Memory Bus, not GPU memory bus. Big difference.

5. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    And in other news, the 2nd Orbis (PS4) Dev kits are out. Apparently powered by an AMD A10 based APU, and configured with either 8GB or 16GB of RAM (as rumored for some time now).

6. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  7. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    Ever Heard Of Rambus?

512 Bit Threaded DDR3 Ram

"Threaded memory module technology is implemented utilizing industry-standard DDR3 devices and a conventional module infrastructure. It is capable of providing greater power efficiency for computing systems by partitioning modules into multiple independent channels that share a common command/address port. Threaded modules can support 64-byte [512-bit] memory transfers at full bus utilization, resulting in efficiency gains of up to 50 percent when compared to current DDR3 memory modules. In addition, DRAMs in threaded modules are activated half as often as in conventional modules, resulting in a 20 percent reduction in overall module power."

Link: http://techreport.com/news/17625/rambus-kingston-to-demo-threaded-ddr3-ram

Simple Equation incase u need a lil bit more education

Column granularity per access = 16 x 16 x 2 = 512 bits or 64 bytes.

Now where talking about Wii u's EDRam and its a lot faster that DDR3 Ram it can support 512 bit even more unconfirmed sources says its expensive to implement that 32mb EDRAM thats why they have to sell at a loss.

Now looking at those PS4 rumoured specs the next gen xbox 720 might ended up stronger, if the next gen xbox indeed uses 4 core with each cpu is "Quad threading" total of 16 Logical Cores even clocked at 1.6 ghz, the gpu which is Custom 7000 series equivalent to dual 7000 series gpu on pc Based on the rumour. I will say exclusive titles will ended up looking better on next gen xbox even 3rd party games than ps4 thats just my opinion but cant really tell unless the official specs are out.

8. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Except you forget a very minor point: PPC versus X86. As a general rule: An X86 CPU is about 1.5x as efficient as a PPC based CPU. So the difference is even bigger then that.

I believe RDRAM fell flat on its face, because DDR ended up being faster at the end of the day due to faster clocks?

Secondly, OF COURSE the EDRAM is faster; its being used as a small memory buffer, so it has to be insanely fast or you'd choke off the CPU. Its only 32MB though, so the amount of data it can hold at any one time is very limited. Think of it as an L4 cache: a slight speedup over having to go to main memory, but not much more then that. Performance is still being driven by MAIN MEMORY access times, which are very slow.

9. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    People seem to forget clock speed isn't everything. Just look back at the Pentium 4 vs Core 2 Duo CPUs. When the C2D was first introduced it took a few weeks/months for people to get use to the slower clockspeeds were actually faster. At the time the top-end P4 was 3.4Ghz and the entry level 1.8Ghz C2D could crush it. If people are expecting the next-gen systems to be pushing 3.8-4Ghz CPUs, it's not going to happen. Heat caused soo many issues for the 360 & PS3, more so for the 360.

I think the next gen systems will all have architectures which run at slower clock speeds, but can do more per clock. If the WiiU can push 12 threads, that is already a step ahead of the 360 & PS3. It might take a year or more for developers to really get use to the new platform. Hell it took the 360 & PS3 quite a few years to really push the hardware. Looking back at the first 360 & PS3 games they looked pretty crappy compared to the games being released now.

10. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    Gonna wait until Zelda and Super Mario Galaxy 3 are out, I think we need to see the other next gen consoles first

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yes its a very weak launch for nintendo when it comes to games. def holding off

12. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    Nope rdram was faster than ddr back on the days. since the memory was expensive and not a lot of motherboard supports it, and finally they stop making it also rdram was used on sony playstation 2 i believe it has 32MB. Now if they would of make RDRam 2 vs ddr 2 Rdram would of win, Rdram was known becuase of its higher clock speed than ddr rdram back on the days, Rdram was running 1066 mhz and ddr technology was running at 266,333 even 400 back on the days. jesus where are u gettin this false information ddr ram was clock faster than rdram? lol well now it is clock faster but back on the days when rdram was competing with ddr ram it destroys it with its clock speed. u might wanna do a lil bit research first before u post something in that case it will give u a lil bit of credibility other than making ur self look like a fool.

Link: http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1096

Talking about memory being slow? i dont see any developers complain do u? it seems fine to them not very slow at all maybe the magic of edram has something to do with it?

also talking bout x86 as a "general rule" faster than ppc thats wrong, IBM Cell Processor "PPC" was Faster than x86 Amd and Intel has to offer at that time and tops the benchmarks.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2008/04/ps3s-cell-cpu-tops-high-performance-computing-benchmark/

13. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    i have to agree on you on this one its a not all about clock speed.

14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Don't know where you've heard that "general rule", but that has never been the case between PPC vs x86. They serve their own purposes, the one thing x86 always had over PPC is power usage and thermal output but that's about it. I don't claim to know too much about the differences in their architecture, but I do believe that PPC even more so Power 7 architecture is made more for synthetic tasks, or compiling.

15. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    i think gamer2k is just making stuff on his own without knowledgely knowing it, and the evidence proved on his couple replies.

Interesting Find

You can use ps3 controller on wii u lol

Link: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ation_2_pads_on_your_wii_u_should_you_want_to

Also Wii U Can Stream MP4 Videos Directly From Your Computer. well i dont really use that feature but its good to know it can.

Link: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/wii_u_can_stream_mp4_videos_directly_from_your_computer

Looks Like the President Of Sony Computer Entertainment Bought a wii u lmao!

Link:http://gamerxchange.net/2012/12/03/...resident-shuhei-yoshida-has-a-nintendo-wii-u/

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Fix't

17. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Rambus was very fast but the 1066 variant was extremely expensive. I had an old P4 that used Rambus and I spent almost $800 just to get 1GB of RAM. If I remember correctly the 1066mhz version also only came in ECC which increased the price even more than the 800mhz version. At least that was all I could find at the time.

You guys would both be better off just agreeing to disagree and call it a day.

18. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Wii U is not all holy and stuff. It has its negatives atm (upto 30 secs wait time to get from one screen to another - instant on 360 and PS3) and I hope Nintendo take care of it asap otherwise I would be selling it on ebay.

19. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    i think what killed rdram was its price its way too expensive and the performance gain over ddr is not that big of a difference to compensate for the price. thats just an educated guess.

20. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    I was a big supporter of the Wii U leading up to the release but it is looking really laclustre IMO, only 1st party titles can save it. My main worry is that they have used a resistive screen on the controller. I had high hopes for the controller but this might be a deal breaker with no multitouch etc. It just seems like a wasted opportunity.