Foobar, skins and questions thread.

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    By the way, new version of ASIO out plugin was released recently.
    [​IMG]

2. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Thanks a lot for all the Info!
    Although, I try to keep my Foobar as clean and fast as possible. So I just use Columns UI.

[​IMG]

I might try some skins though.

Again, thanks a lot ROBSCIX

3. flimbo

flimbo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    This from the Foobar plugin site...
    "Contrary to popular "audiophile" claims, there are NO benefits from using ASIO as far as music playback quality is concerned, while bugs in ASIO drivers may severely degrade the performance."

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  4. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    thanks man, I was hoping to find a thread about fubar in guru3d and here we go.:):):)

I got dark one skin, which I love. When my eyfinity setup will be ready it will fill my right screen.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

5. Slowflow

Slowflow Guest

GPU:
    Hello to all Guru's,

This is my 1st post here, have been a lurker for 7-8 yrs. :)

Been a long time user of foobar, &, like you guys I went for the skins that looked slick when I first started to use it, as the default interface is a bit, meh! :)

As I had previously been using winamp, it took a while too adjust, but, I overcame the initial difficulty. In my opinion; you will get fed up quickly, with having to install modded files, & extras, just to run some fancy skin. The thing to understand about foobar is it's ridiculous flexibility, both in terms of audio output, and of it's visual look!

Have a bash at trying to create a unique foobar look, I did when I got fed up of jumping through hoops, to install some of the slicker skins.

like my current skin:
    [​IMG]

I'm glad to be a new member of Guru3D!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  6. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

7. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Anyone know if the Metro skin works on the latest build?

Also any recommendations on which plug-ins i should use. I am really fed up with Winamp and want to replace it with Foobar

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Not sure, try it out and let us know :)

9. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    I tried the install procedure but up to a point i am missing an option within the "Preferences" where it needs to continue the skin install.

Also recomendations on which plug ins i should get. I bought these speakers from a friend for $250 (LINK) so want to make the best of it.

10. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    What is missing?
    You mean the import button?

11. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Like this skin....

[​IMG]

12. flimbo

flimbo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Xtremegamer, what skin is that? Looks good.

13. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    ASIO was created for low latency recording. However, when used for playback it offers some unique features such as bitperfect playback and allowing the player to take exclusive control of the hardware.
    ASIO is only good for hardware that supports it. Aside from that you are better of with others such as KS or WASAPI. There are no hard and fast rules here, you have to do the legwork and figure out which works best for your system and your gear.

15. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    To you guys that have jumped in and started tweaking, Great job your players look great!
    It should be noted that while sometimes it can be a pain to get these skins to work, in the end it is so worth the time.
    I find too many people want to but get put off because of the amount of work that initially needs to go into just changing a skin, adding components, importing this, tweaking that..etc.

As we all know, once you get the basic idea down, it is pretty simple to add a new skin. I basically have all the skins installed and I just load them simply.
    You can export the config once you have it the way you want. This is not quite the same as loading the FCL file as with this method it saves all of your other configuration info also.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    @xtremegamer

LOL, please tell me your GF was listening to that song or are you a diehard Celine fan?:)
    I am not one to talk as a few other people in my house have alot of music loaded into my media system that I would never listen to myself!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  17. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

@ROBSCIX, Actually im not a Celine fan, bt i like tat Song from Titanic...:D

18. DirkHardpeck

DirkHardpeck Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    I wasn't going to say anything about the Celene Dion, but I'm glad someone did.

19. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    I wonder, is there any way I can get a jazzed up Foobar interface without doing any work myself? I mean, is there, for example, some files I can download and put in my Foobar install?

20. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    That is how you put in skins, download the needed components and skin file.
    If you mean can you simple pop in a file and there you go....nope.
    It does take some leg work but it very worth the effort in the end.