Battlefield 3: Crashes - disconnects - getting kicked

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by slick3, Oct 27, 2011.

1. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    ive had some random game freezes that started a few days back after battle log went down for mantainance. and maybe 2 times i have been disconnected from server. btw battlelog profile page is down. wait its back up but WTF!!!!! all my stats are reset to 0!!!

2. de-frag

de-frag Guest

GPU:
    Zotac AMP! 570 SLI
    I get the BF3 has stopped working... every day now. I formatted/reinstalled win7 with just the 285.62 drivers and the game just crashes with the BF3 stopped working. Both in SLI and non-sli.

I tried upping the voltage on my Zotac AMP! 570s and even lowering the core clock. No luck.

3. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Heyy i had that problem too ... what i did to fix it was : I had everything on Ultra, AA post on high (my preference), NO AA, Texture and Shadows on medium !

Try that at least twice in case you crash on the first time and report back ... if it doesn't work, try everything on medium settings

4. Masahiro

Masahiro Guest

GPU:
    What system?
    Hey guys, I'm also having problems with this game. System specs are shown on the left.

The problem I'm having happens in one of three flavors.

1) While playing the game screen freezes and then goes black. If I alt-tab fast enough, I go back to the desktop and it says that the NVIDIA graphics driver has crashed and recovered successfully. Then I need to force shut down BF3 in task manager

2) I don't alt-tab fast enough and the game goes with a black screen until I hard reboot.

3) While the game is loading (after it switches to BF3 from Origin), the blue loading icon think in the bottom right keeps flashing and the sound keeps going but nothing changes, finally I need to force restart my PC to fix it.

Now I know it can't be cooling because my rig is entirely watercooled, with CPU idling at 36 and load at 44, while both GPUs idle at 34 and load at around 37. I've tried reinstalling the game, updating origin, rolling back the drivers to the previous version, reinstalling the beta drivers, disabling SLI but nothing seems to work.

I'm going to try downclocking my GPUs (everything is stock now, but the cards are factory OCed), but that's all I can think of. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011

5. Bohi2_OGU

Bohi2_OGU Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
    Code:
    1. Open REGEDIT

2. Using Windows 7, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\GraphicsDrivers

3. Once there you will most likely have to create a new DWORD (32bit users) or QWORD (64bit users). Name it TdrDelay.

4. Once created, change the value to 8. This will allow the GPU 8 seconds to respond instead of 2 seconds.
    Hopefully your driver crashing is over with this. Also remember well I noticed that if your pc is coming awake after hibernation with latest few drivers there is a problem and driver crash occurs quickly.

http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/bf3/pbsec.htm
    Read this and apply it.

Maybe this will helpfull as well:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4148161&postcount=108

I hope all helps a bit...

Oh some edit after some thinking do you run something like afterburner? If so create a profile for BF3 in MSI On-Screen display Server for it and set Stealth option enabled and start Application level on high and decrease a step if it dont work at a time.
    Also dont set to many monitoring futures displayed this can crash application/ game as well.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  6. Garone

Garone Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570
    I have this hitching as well. Very annoying.