Lucasfilm made a deal with EA

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by red6joker, May 6, 2013.

1. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Bahahahaha.

In a word, No KotoR, No SWG 2, No SW:BF3 - no nothing to do with the original 3 films or the Original KotoR license.

This deal was inked so that they could make games that pertain to the JJ Abrams SW films and just the fact that they gave the job to that hack is enough for me to avoid at all costs.

You want to see what's in store - Check out the new ST game.

SW began at Episode 4 and ended at episode 6 - Hell, Ewok Adventure - The Battle for Endor was better than anything since, from those poxy cartoons to Episodes 1,2 and 3.

The last decent SW game was Empire at War and before that it was SWG (Pre NGE) which was almost 10 years ago :(.

They could have hired a decent director and used the Zahn books but instead they are going with a writer whose only real experience is children's animated films (Michael Arndt) and a director (JJ Abrams) who already buggered up ST and turned it into a Michael Bay 'esque' disaster.

SW is long dead, let it RIP.

/rant off

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I rest my case.

JJ's Star Trek wasn't bad, just be thankful it was watchable; 'hollywood' could have really messed that one up.

3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    'Watchable', that's debatable and more importantly subjective, so I won't quibble ;)

I just don't find it has a lot to do with ST and the ideas it was trying to put forth (although that was largely the same issue with some of the newer TV series).

I do think Karl Urban does a brilliant McCoy but the rest of it is kind of meh afaiac and I still maintain that JJ is entirely the wrong choice for SW.

Although I'm sure he'll be perfect for the kind of dross that Disney has in mind :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  4. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Star Wars gaming just died for me...
    It just had to end up with the trash company Evil Arts.
    And you just know they are going to milk as much money they can out of it via microtransactions and selling the games in pieces as DLC.

5. makaveli316

makaveli316 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970
    Star Wars game? Seriously, is there still people hyped about anything star wars related?

6. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Apparently, some people are even still fussing over Jesus...not to mention some other guy...

7. messianictech

messianictech Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 660 3GB
    So, the Worst Company in America for 2 years running just got another exclusive deal. Well, so much for quality Star Wars gaming. Granted, the last really great Star Wars game was the original KOTOR, so it's been a while, but it looks like we are going to have to wait even longer

8. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Electronic Arts.... sigh

[​IMG]

9. Titan29

Titan29 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 | 7900XTX
    As long as I can have KOTOR 3 and new X-Wing I will not complain.

10. Kellytm3

Kellytm3 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 980
    After the debacle that the TORtanic turned out to be thanks to EA, I have no faith in any SW game they have their hands in

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    yes!

12. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Two first posts in this thread...SW is still huge lol...

13. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    great, another series of games ruined. Offline gameplay while having to be constantly connected to the internet anyone?

14. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    I highly doubt any of their games will need to be always connected to the internet, since they will most likely just always be connected through origin.

15. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    erm, wouldnt Origin be connected to the internet?

16. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Most games that require Origin work just fine when you have no internet (well the parts that don't requite online for MP and SimCity of course), Origins offline mode is actually pretty good.

17. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Ah yeah duh!
    Am exhausted, been playing hifis all evening, trying out some new resistors, mad detail !

18. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    Im just saying if your ok with having steam run in the background, you shouldnt have much of a problem with origin. I keep origin closed most of the time as it is, but having it running in the background and not bothering me as much as say being connected through the internet to servers directly would.