Fx 5700le Volt Modded Bios Is Here

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by [flAsh2K5], Feb 11, 2005.

1. Electabots

Electabots Member Guru

GPU:
    780ti/570hd
    Your temps will most definitely go up. In most cases more volts=higher temps. The higher volts will increase stability but not if its overheating. I've never used a 5700 ultra so I don't know what its temps are like or how good its stock heatsink is so...

2. Da_Devil

Da_Devil Active Member

GPU:
    LeadTek WinFast A400 TD unlocked 16x1,6vp, 400/875
    i guess ill find out soon enough and do i change the thrtl thing ?

3. Electabots

Electabots Member Guru

GPU:
    780ti/570hd
    You should only have to change 3d...i've seen some people mess with the other ones but I honestly don't know what for.

4. Da_Devil

Da_Devil Active Member

GPU:
    ok thx im gonna try it ive changed the bios volt saved have my backup ready and if something goes wrong what do i do :S ?

5. Electabots

Electabots Member Guru

GPU:
    780ti/570hd
    if something goes wrong Like...
    1) System boots starts loading windows and you start seeing all kinds of screwed up stuff(looked like static on a tv to me)
    2) System boots and theres just plainly no picture
    etc... You'll basically just need to flash back the original bios and hope the extra volts didn't fry anything in the short time you had it like that. If you don't have a picture you'll need to have a pci graphics card so you can see what your doing or if you don't have one you'll have to try and blindly flash.

6. Da_Devil

Da_Devil Active Member

GPU:
    how do i do the blindly thing ?

7. Electabots

Electabots Member Guru

GPU:
    780ti/570hd
    Basically sence you won't be able to see you'll have to type in the commands "in the dark" So when it boots and starts booting from your floppy/cd-rom you wait for it to stop and assume that its at the dos prompt then enter the command to remove write protect, etc...then when your pretty sure its done flashing(i'd give it 3-5 minutes just to be safe) reboot and hope you get a picture.

8. Da_Devil

Da_Devil Active Member

GPU:
    um well im doing it from my LeadTek WinFox II it has flashing util. and stuff...

9. Electabots

Electabots Member Guru

GPU:
    780ti/570hd
    Oh well...then you'll just need a backup pci graphics card just incase it goes wrong then. I'm used to the dos prompt with my card heh. You might even be able to flash the original back without a pci graphics card if you can see well enough if its not to garbled*

10. Da_Devil

Da_Devil Active Member

GPU:
    true. ill try thanks for ur help

11. Electabots

Electabots Member Guru

GPU:
    780ti/570hd
    NP man, let us know how it goes and make sure to take a look at what your temperatures are at after the mod.

12. [flAsh2K5]

[flAsh2K5] Guest

13. faceoffate

faceoffate Guest

i tried flashing a pny verto 5700LE opt whatever -p -u -f said it took rebooted and no bios boot code no video at all pci card and the nvflas said no nvidia adaptors found in system oh well recipt in hand i returned to store

14. [flAsh2K5]

[flAsh2K5] Guest

ok faceoffate I must tell uone thing when u flash a BIOS other than ur manufacturer "the bios boot screen rarely appears" but that does not mean ur card is bad. Next the transfer rate shown by the nVidia driver depends on motherboard chipset drivers as well.