Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.6.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Not really.

2. mpv73

mpv73 Member

GPU:
    RX 560 4GB
    I also got the DO_NOT_USE packaging version when using the driver updater. But then after removing the drivers through control panel and re-installing the full package I got the proper version.

3. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    edit: read it wrong.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  4. Villager

Villager New Member

GPU:
    Radeon 290x
    I can confirm this.

5. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    I gave up on this a long time ago...it is just too much work to force it somewhat work on my ultrawide. If you want to know how I will share again, it is not really much work, but I feel I should not have to do it since it was once a thing with ultrawides.

6. kondziowy

kondziowy Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT
    Nope, I disagree. Every driver someone praises Forza performance but the reality is - the best driver for Forza was 16.12.2 ~ 17.2.1.
    After that the performance went down BIG time, and it is slowly recovering but still miles away from January driver.
    Loading is fixed though.

7. boerenlater

boerenlater Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 610 silent
    Still can't scale my display (overscan/underscan).

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Justa a reminder that we have now New Digital drivers aka WDDM 2.2 and 17.5.1 and 17.6.1 are best for it IMO.

Yes i know, for me best was 17.1.2 WHQL ;)

I think that ATI Driver Team has solved most of the original 2.2 problems now, and we can expect better performace from drv. to drv.
    I think it will best even 17.1.2 :eek: (in time)

9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Confirmed AfterBurner working properly on my 390.:banana:

10. Elfa-X

Elfa-X Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 XT
    Killed my HDMI Audio. Having to use DDU and reinstall full package.

....aaaaand that did nothing.

11. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Would you mind sharing some info on this? I've recently got an UltraWide monitor and I've just got an RX580 8G and I would like to know how to accomplish that.
    TIA! ;)

12. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx

Since it didn't work on 15.5.2 as well i now got it working. The trick is to rightclick on the game.exe go to properties>compability and check "disable fullscreen optimizations" then it will work again. Guess that is related to the Windows 10 creators update.

13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    "disable fullscreen optimizations" -> Some games needs it, but 95% working OK with it

14. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Thanks man! I hate CU going back to 1607.

What tha hell is with AMD hdmi drivers one in 10 months works, first on HD7870 now on RX 580?! Fix that crap AMD once and for all...

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Hmm, HBCC is enabled?

can somebody confirm that Radeon Settings Process can take up to 630MB ! after gaming session?

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Had an issue with 17.5.x where my monitors wouldn't always go to sleep, and would just have blank screens. Seems to be fixed

17. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Only 29MB here.

18. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    It seems as if this driver did fix the issues I would encounter when overclocking the memory on my 390. I would encounter this issue both WITH official overclocking utilities and with unofficial utilities. So far I've only tried overclocking the memory with Afterburner, but it did work.

An issue that I didn't have before but am now encountering: the first time I rebooted after installing the drivers, my screen flashed black a few times (and the computer seemed slow/stuttered). Then it worked fine. Just now I closed my monitor and let my computer do some work while I went to take a shower. Once I came back from my shower I opened my monitor and the monitor was black with only my mouse. It then flashed back and forth between showing my desktop and a black screen. After doing this around 6-8 times (flashing), it finally settled on my desktop and my PC was working again. (the card was not overclocked in any way while I was away)

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Sounds to me you are using the DisplayPort for your monitor. What happens is that when it goes to sleep, the DP no longer detects the monitor, and Windows Device Manager disconnects the device. When it comes back, the monitor is reactivated. My HDMI connected monitor, same brand, doesn't do this.

It becomes more fun when you only have multiple DP only connected monitors. They alternate activating back and forth. Drove me nuts. Which is why I have only 1 DP connected. I should submit a report to AMD about it.

20. BoMbY

BoMbY Guest

GPU:
    Fury X
    Lol. The HDMI driver didn't change in month, you only keep reinstalling the same version over and over again (per default install settings) until it eventually fails. The driver version is 10.0.1.1 for a very long time now, and working fine for me.