X-Fi series cards and Windows 8

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Anarion, Oct 16, 2012.

1. blunden

blunden Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
    Interesting. Your experiance is contrary to most other feedback about that driver I've seen. To be fair, feedback on forums tend to be skewed towards the negative side so perhaps that's why.

2. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    It does tend to be negative. I would say give it a go, my experience has been good. There should be some final drivers out soon I expect.

3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Honestly, people talk only when there's problems, they are the most vocal group. Those who don't have any just don't talk about it.

4. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    lol, thanks, brah! I disabled/re-enabled the card in device manager and also I disabled the High Definition Audio ( it had 4 non-default instances, I don't know why; the onboard Realtek is disabled on BIOS ). Now it kept the settings... I hope it will stay like that.

I've too the PCI X-Fi Fatal1ty Platinum.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012

5. blunden

blunden Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
    Yeah, that's probably best. I just remembered that you can boot from VHDs nowdays so I can do a test installation without even messing around with my partitioning.

EDIT: It seems the exact same drivers released almost a year ago but with an updated inf file. I had hoped Creative would finally release a native 64bit driver, not the same old WDM driver.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I wonder when Auzentech announces their bankruptcy... Their Face book page has been dead for long time let alone their support ticket system.

7. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    So far xtrememusic works well, but I had to look for beta drivers to get the control panel working properly.

Used:
    CSL_PCAPPBETA_LB_2_61_49
    SBXF_PCDRV_WIN8_BETA_US_2_18_0015A

Google those and download for download.

8. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Right now, my X-Fi is broken sometimes - even with the beta drivers. When I install drivers for it, all the features are there. But after a while, things will start disappearing like CMSS options or EAX options when you start switching between modes. The only way to get them back is to reinstall the drivers.

9. blunden

blunden Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
    What issues did you get with the Creative Console included in the driver? Was it the "won't save settings" bug or something else? The Creative Console you link to is from 2010.

10. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    No not the console, but the control panel didn't exist with previous drivers... the console that I use for Win7 is even older. Note that my soundcard is quite old too..

But I'm having so much trouble with Win8 that I'm not using it at all, for instance windows messenger live doesn't work at all.

11. GPU

GPU Guest

the forte should have drivers for win8 in Jan. 2013 per site.
    -most creative cards Nov.30 2012

12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    What am I seeing!? Official statement from Auzentech regarding drivers?! So I guess we might get something in February. Not sure if I can wait that long...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    To get the settings to stick after restart, Using the driver and console launcher mentioned above.

CSL_PCAPPBETA_LB_2_61_49
    SBXF_PCDRV_WIN8_BETA_US_2_18_0015A

After installing them then setting the settings you want for your sound card. Put your computer into Sleep mode, then wake it up, and your settings will be saved.

Whenever you make changes to the sound cards settings, make PC go into sleep mode, then wake it up, settings will be saved always after restart.

Final drivers for windows 8 should be out on November 30 for a lot of the Creative Sound Cards, see here >> http://support.creative.com/KB/showarticle.aspx?sid=61105&h=13

I hope that helps.

14. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    My Auzentech Prelude is working fine with the latest Auzentech drivers (from September 2011). It has the "settings not being saved" bug, but shutting down the computer (sleep is not necessary) after changing settings does the trick.

I've just noticed Azuntech promising driver updates for Windows 8, but the x-Fi Prelude isn't on the list:

-C-Media has promised the driver update that applies to the Auzen X-Plosion and X-Meridian 7.1 2G on Windows 8 by the end of November, 2012

-Creative has promised the drivers for X-Fi Forte and X-Fi HomeTheater HD in mid-January, 2013

15. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Yes. That is the sad part.

16. michaelams

michaelams Guest

GPU:
    nvidia 8800 gtx
    hi see my message on this board it might also work for you

17. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
  18. michaelams

michaelams Guest

GPU:
    nvidia 8800 gtx
    Hi anarion,

all my functions including cmms3d and without having to put pc in to sleep mode all work with te old XFI_AuzenWDM_1_8 auzen driver in windows 8 . use uninstall every driver and app in windows 8 using uninstall and drive sweeper boot without driver signing. and run the setup in the driver map with admin and windows 7 compat. mode reboot again without driver signing and run the normal setup in compat win 7 and admin mode

so the old drivers do normaly work on windows 8

see if this works for you

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  19. poedoom

poedoom Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire hd4870
    Just a heads up,
    I have the asrock extreme 9 mobo with the xfi quadcore soundcard and everytime I plug my mic in it's an instant bsod, asrock then brought out a beta bios out for win8 and it fixed the mic issue, so it might not be just a new driver some of you guys need, but a new win8 bios aswell.

20. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    My system always hangs when i plug-in my headphones in my front headphone header. It will function fine when i boot up my system with the headphone already plugged in, but it will hang when plugging it in after Windows has booted. Using that latest Win8 beta driver. It does not happen with my onboard (ALC892).

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012