Problem with the CCC menu doesn't appear when right clicking

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by GalihRQ, Aug 4, 2013.

1. GalihRQ

GalihRQ Guest

GPU:
    6520G + 6650M
    Hello guys, I need some help with this problem.

Here is how it goes, previously I updated my drivers from 13.4 to 13.8 Beta using manual uninstall and driver sweeper. It updated fine, however since the switchable graphic option still doesn't work I rolled back to 13.4, this time I used the Display Driver Uninstaller. Still no problem here.

Now since I'm curious with the OpenGl 4.3 drivers I decided to try it, still using the DDU to upgrade here. Switchable Graphics still doesn't work and once more I decided to roll back to 13.4.

Now this is where the problem came. After I install the 13.4 catalyst, the CCC menu doesn't appear when I'm right clicking on the desktop. I tried the manual uninstall again with Driver Sweeper and reinstall and it still doesn't appear.

Strangely enough when I tried the 13.8 Beta drivers again, the CC menu shows up again when I'm right clicking on the desktop. Yet it doesn't appear if I use the 13.4 drivers.

Anyone knows what might gone wrong here ? I don't want to use the 13.8 since the switchable graphic option is still not available.

Thanks for the help.

2. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB
    Yeah I know that issue - just install drivers in other language than recommended for your country then reinstall them again but this time in your correct language for your country - shortcut should appear now...

Or you can try this old solution (for me didn't work): http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33798527

3. GalihRQ

GalihRQ Guest

GPU:
    6520G + 6650M
    Tried it, still doesn't work. Thanks for the help though.

I noticed when I'm uninstalling the 13.4 drivers, there's a pop up windows saying "uninstallation package failure" when it's uninstalling the AMD Vision Control Engine.

I figured that there's an error when installing the AMD Vision Control Engine but I don't know where or ow to fix it. Any ideas ?

4. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Try to go into folder with drivers\Packages\Apps\CCC2\Core-static, right click on ccc-core-static.msi and choose repair...

You can try the same with the Vision Control Engine (if it has separated .msi)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013

5. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Try Wagnard Driver Cleaner listed here.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379505

6. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB
  7. GalihRQ

GalihRQ Guest

GPU:
    6520G + 6650M
    Still no luck, I even tried all the installer available on the CCC2 folder and still the menu doesn't appear.

I noticed that I can't found the CCC.exe anywhere using 13.4 driver.

That's the driver cleaner that got me in this mess in the first place.
    I tried using it again and still no luck.

Is it any good ? I read that some people have troubles when using it.

I wonder if the problem is because I installed the OpenGl 4.3 Drivers, the CCC menu disappear after I installed that driver then rolled back to 13.4.

8. far-cough

far-cough Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R7990 6GB
  9. GalihRQ

GalihRQ Guest

GPU:
    6520G + 6650M
    Tried it, still no luck.
    Is it possible that this is a problem with the installer ?

I've checked and I noticed that I can't find the CCC.exe anywhere. The file search feature turned out empty too. I checked the start menu where there's 2 AMD folder, "AMD Catalyst Control Center" and "AMD Vision Engine Control Center" and both of them are empty.

I'll try using a different older driver like 13.3 Beta3. In the meanwhile, more help will be appreciated. :)