ForceWareUltra - News, updates, about, download & discuss

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by Menion, May 1, 2006.

1. Menion

Menion Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 5870
    I didn't forget. I just didn't add the mobile ones since mobile GPU's need some other tweaks and such which aren't compatible with FWU's current tweak set.

There is a reason why for example XG is realeasing a set only made for mobile GPUs :)

2. mykledw

mykledw Guest

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    New control panel does't work for me.......the page comes up but there is nothing there so I had to revert to the classic control panel (no biggy) I will play some BF2 and report back on the looks and play of the game as I dont do benchies anymore as they mean nothing...............

Peace!!

3. mykledw

mykledw Guest

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    these drivers made me have to re-activate windows......and I lost about 150 points in 3dm2006.....but like I said, synthetics are not all that.....just thought I would try them.......

anyway........off to do some real world testing............

4. mykledw

mykledw Guest

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    WOW.......some major trashed textures for me...........water in the road and not knowing where in the hell I'm going...........back to the last set for me......these suck!!!!!!!!!

Bf2 that is............

5. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Your first drivers, which do not have install profiles was very good. I had a bit better IQ and better Performance then I used the same stock nvidia drivers. But this 1.2.xx's are ****: Performance profil give me horryble IQ, with only a bit perfomance increasement ; Balanced profil give me only a bit less FPS then standard srivers, but I can not see as much IQ increasement as with your first drivers ; Quality profil is OK, it has good IQ, but I have an old card, I can not to pay with as much FPS for a bit better IQ. But there is a lot of modded driver wich only tweakek for the best IQ with average performance. We do not need a new one... And when you started to tweak I saw that you would make balanced driver, still between IQ and performance...
    So, I can not to change profil, and I do not like your new drivers. Is that joke? I shoud not change control panel settings? Balanced profil install with Quality intellisample setting. But this profil give me many shimering in HL2 based and some other games, like Counter-Strike: Source. So, I should use High Quality intellisample...

Last edited: May 16, 2006
  6. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    And a bug:
    When I used your 84.56 x32 v1.2.2 driver my system had slowed down in Windows apps. Internet Explorer and Folder browser was near as slow as I do not have any VGA driver installed. When I scrolled the screen with mouse it still hanging for 1-2 secunds, and the screen was fragmented after the scroll. (for some secund)

Last edited: May 16, 2006
  7. QQuxa

QQuxa Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 1950 Pro 512MB AGP
    Same problem here, with both 84.56 and 84.66. After first reboot it works fine. Then after a day or so it sloooooowsssss doooooowwwwwwnnn majorly, eeeeeverything lags badly, windows take seconds to open, scrolling lags etc.. 6600GT here.

8. taylorpendley

taylorpendley Active Member

GPU:
    570 Classified
    havent been able to install either version of the x64 drivers......it errors out during install......i tried to hack the drivers .inf and add a list of all geforce cards which allowed the install to complete but when the computer restarts it says it cant find nvdisp.dll and another one.....anyone else with x64 able to install these at all???

9. JustDave

JustDave Guest

GPU:
    BFG 260GTX OC(216) 896MB
    hopeless

i've had no luck at all with every angle i've tried. giveing up today :frown:

10. CASH

CASH Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8600GT

Instead of posting 3 times in a row maybe you should try the edit button.

11. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Any plans for FW 91.28 ? Possibly with english only Sedona control panel (new one) ? International garbage (awful translation) is driving me nuts.

12. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    I still think the 84.43s were the best

13. swordfish1983

swordfish1983 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Nvidia 295 GTX
    I agree the best FWU was 84.43

14. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    if you use this drivers, disable "LARGE SYSTEM CACHE" setting

WILL cause desktop corruption after exiting the game
    using large system cache is unoptimal for playing too
    game stutters (2~8ish fps is the usual fluctuation though)

15. EXcomZkko

EXcomZkko Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek a340t fx 5200 128mb 64bit
    better than official drivers.. very good!! ;)

16. dangerous

dangerous Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Club3D HD3870 : Sam226BW
    just wondering if your going to mod the 91.28 as these drivers rock.

17. Windows X

Windows X Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS V8170
    Seeing your planned features, I can make your wish come true (Check out nTweaker, tweak driver at once without reinstalling driver)

18. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    did menion died or something?

19. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire+HIS X1950 PRO Crossfire+OC
    He hasn't posted in 2 months, damn....:frown:

20. BlondieTheGood

BlondieTheGood New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X1800XT 256mb
    Same problem with 6600 GT and 84.43 . Game performances are excellent ! But under Windows, with Firefox and other softwares, it's toooooo slow :(