Thermaltake Urban T81 Full Tower PC Chassis

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 7, 2014.

1. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Looks nice but I prefer my current Thermaltake Level 10 GT.

2. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Unfortunately, my build won't actually be going in this thing for a while, so I can't test performance numbers. The case is wider than my Antec 1200, so I actually have to modify my desk again :nerd:

I can tell you that when I plugged in a psu to the fan controller, I could barely even tell that the case was on. The fans, even on high, are ridiculously quiet. With that said, I'm not sure how much air they move. It felt a little light on air movement, so I may be buying some of the bitfenix ones that move near 200cfm and throwing those in.

Build quality feels pretty good. I like the swing out doors. There is tons of room inside the case. The hdd cages are entirely removable (so the 200mm fans can flow better).

So, really the only thing I can tell you is that it's quiet as hell.

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I got 2 green LED fans in my case. Their sole purpose is to replace the power LED that's brighter than necessary. I like being able to tell whether or not my PC is on without getting close enough to hear the fans and the blue power LED is insanely bright. Damn thing is bright enough that it's actually distracting, even with the case sitting on the floor.

4. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    Picked one up with the PAX weekend coupon $139.99 shipped, not planning on using it till ther Cooler Master Glacier 360L comes out though.

5. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Yeah, that was way too good to pass up, wasn't it?

:banana:

6. dragomirc

dragomirc Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 965/1930/4400
    Newegg current price (no coupon) is $159.99 still a good deal.

7. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    It was like ~$210 for a while since they were actually charging $190 and another $19 for shipping.

Looks like thermaltake added the 200mm fans too. You can pick up the 4th 200mm fan for $14 on NE.

--For those that wanted pics, what would you like to see?

8. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    So I have been using my T81 for 2 weeks now, and today smelled some thing odd, the fan controller in the head unit of the case caught fire melted part of the case. The power button is also on that same PCB but still functions just lost the fan controller and it took out my LED strip so it seams.

9. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna use their fan controller. I noticed that it doesn't seem to be able to put the fans up to 100%. Plus, it would be aggravating to have to put it on low every time I bring it out of standby.