Battlefield 4 issues SLI

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by tonkpills, Dec 12, 2013.

1. tonkpills

tonkpills Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 660 SC (x2) SLI
    Hello forum,

I recently purchased Battlefield 4 just to find out that my specs are not optimal for some multiplayer maps, specially the ones that are extremely large and with a lot of vegetation. The issue is "Micro-stutter" and FPS drops in certain maps, not all of them and not all the time. I recorded a video of the issue. Please note that the issue is present even though I lower the setting to high or medium. As I said is not all maps and not all the time. I've already followed a lot of tutorials like the one to install DirectX from the BF4 folder and download a little tweeker file. Nothing has worked. Please see for yourselves:

youtube: /watch?v=z0-l9Quh0QQ

What can I do? Is it my system or is it the game or drivers?

My specs are:

Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 latest BIOS
    Processor: AMD FX 8150 Black Edition 8-core Overclocked to 4.6 Ghz
    Memory: Kingston Hyper-X KHX16009D3B1 8GB (2X4GB) @1600 Mhz
    Video: X2 EVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB (SLI)
    PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W 80 Plus Bronze
    Cooling: Corsair H100i
    Case: Cooler Master Haf-X

Drives:
    ADATA XPG SX900 128GB SSD (Boot)
    Seagate 1Tb (Storage)
    WD Green 1Tb (Storage)
    WD Mybook 1Tb (Storage)

Thanks in advance.

2. tonkpills

tonkpills Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 660 SC (x2) SLI
    I don't know if this is the correct section for this thread because I don't know if the issue is with my cards (SLI) or with the game or drivers. Correct me if I should post this into another section.

3. GEO147

GEO147 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX670 OC & TOP SLi
    I have sli ASUS GTX670s and I am having a lot of stutter in both BF4 and BF3. Would also appreciate any information on causes and fixes.

4. JJayzX

JJayzX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio 4090 W/C
    Sli 660 here and running good. Bf4 runs around 100 fps on ultra 1080p 2x aa. I think bf4 just needs some more optimizations from dice mainly and some from AMD and nvidia.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    4xAA needs additional graphical memory.
    Try non ultra textures.

6. negachampa

negachampa Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Ti SLI
    Yes, you wil get stutter when VRAM is maxed and the game has to swap textures from system mem.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    most likely your bulldozer cpu and the fact it isnt good for multi gpu

8. Scouty

Scouty Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 OC WiNDFORCE 3X
    ok bro.. well... which windows are u using ? cos I noticed that multi gpu systems (SLI/crossfire) runs better in win8.1 .. against win7... im using 8.1 and I never had Stutter like u .. only 1 or 2 times fps drop... but no stutters.

me @ i7 ivy 3770 @ 4.3 ghz ... HT ON ... running 2 GTX 670 oC iN SLi... smooth.. no stutters.. only in some maps I get 48 fps sometimes.. seems to be poors game optimizations. but fps go from 100 (uultra 1080p 4XAA) to 48 fps and in 1 second back to 90-100 fps..just in some regions. so no problems at all :banana:

proof (can also check cpu usage) >>>

BF4 MP 64 players ULTRA 1080p 4XAA 100% resolution scaling

[​IMG]

ps. some maps are more heavy than this... :3eyes:

9. GEO147

GEO147 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX670 OC & TOP SLi
    I had massive stutter issues in BF3 and BF4. Unparking my cores sorted the issue for me. Very happy now.

I have 2x ASUS GTX 670 2gb cards, one OC version 1058mhz and one TOP version 1137mhz. I have the TOP card in slot one and have the 108p monitor hooked to that card. I also assigned the PhysX to the top card. Which lowered the clocks and thus temps on the OC version. Is that a good idea/setup for sli with different versions of the same card?

10. Scouty

Scouty Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 OC WiNDFORCE 3X
    i also unparked the cpu via registry. my physX are "auto" .. so the second card are the physX PRoccess unit... also I noticedthe primary go up to 78ºC and the secondary only reach 68º C . both with Stock coolers.

11. tonkpills

tonkpills Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 660 SC (x2) SLI
  12. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    It's your bulldozer CPU not being able to properly feed your SLi setup. Most likely you are getting alot of minimum fps drops which cause you to see lag/microstutter.

13. tonkpills

tonkpills Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 660 SC (x2) SLI
    Well I downgraded the settings a bit and I revert my CPU setting in the BIOS to Stock no overclocking. That seems to have solved the problem for now. I've been playing flawlessly for 2 days. I'll keep you guy posted. Thank you all and happy holidays.