Mental Ghostrider video on google.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Joey, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    Anyone seen this. Mental in the extreme.

From Wikipedia:

Ghost Rider is a motorcycle stunt rider based in Stockholm, Sweden. The recurrent theme in all Ghost Rider movies are journeys through uncontrolled and unstaged roads and highways at obviously highly illegal speeds. The most notorious of these being the "Upssala Run" in *Ghost Rider: The Final Ride, 2002. This being 68 km of continous travel in 15 minutes in what can be described as nothing but standard traffic laden highways. The videos are best described as a continous traffic violation, improper passing and excessive speeds being most prominent. Notably weaving through highway traffic at 180 mph (300kph), resisting arrests, and evading police pursuits.
    A recurring theme in the Ghost Rider videos is the harassment of police officers, who have little hope of catching the protagonist. As the original motive for making the films was to show the Getaway in Stockholm (an illegal car racing video) team how much better the results would be using a bike, this is merely keeping up the tradition.
    His true identity is unknown to the public. However, in the November 2005 issue of Slitz magazine, it was revealed that he is a foreign stunt rider who is close to 40 years old

Remember this is 15 minutes long.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-781163969053975339

2. Kyaner

Kyaner Hellenic Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 700/1680/1000
    Yeap i got all his videos and i was actually lucky enough to c him in person at a traffic light in Stockholm back in 2001, he actually stopped at the traffic lights with the front wheel locked and left with a wheelie, crazy crazy man :D
    As for his id, most ppl where saying that he is a swedish superbike driver.....

3. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    Where do you get his videos? Are there any others better than this? Haven't any of the cops tried to chase him down with a helicopter? Did you try to keep up when he left the traffic lights?

4. Kyaner

Kyaner Hellenic Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 700/1680/1000
    He and his crew have made 4 dvd releases so far (as far as i know) :) I got them from "friends" mostly while i was living in Stockholm.
    It would be pretty darn hard to follow him since i was on foot :p

The police can't track him down with a helicopter cause he is not running on a straight line....

5. Munky

Munky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 6800 / AIW Radeon 9700 Pro
    I've watched 3 of them, some parts are cool, but most of the time it's extremely boring :( the hayabusa turbo is sick tho

6. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    It wouldnt matter if it was a straight line unless they were trying a missle lock(watch the top gear episode with a lotus), Helicopters cruise @ 300 mph, I guess police figure he will just get himself killed on day and havent tried.

7. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    Pretty badass.

8. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    police helicopters dont.. they hit about 160mph i believe

9. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    im not trying to flame or offend, but can some1 tell me what the purpose of this chase was? was it staged? or what> if not how do they know that this guy is a proffessional car driver? and say ghostrider does catch up to him, then waht? hes on a bike he cant do anything. If i was the mbw driver and I really wanted to get away, I would brake real fast and see the ghost rider fly over my roof about 60ft away. ???

10. Thug

Thug Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I have seen most of the ghostrider dvds, and believe that he (the original) actually died in 2003/4. I maybe wrong, but i`m sure i read it in Motorcyclenews a couple of years ago.

Supatitanman, there was no purpose to the chase, it was just an irresponsible laugh. The dvds werent staged, you can tell that by the smooth uninterupted flow and obvious danger he puts himself into. I believe that this was a challange for a known professional car racer (who was equally as mad) to get away from the biker (who wasnt a cop BTW) on open roads. I think that the way the guy was driving was proof enough of his abilities to show he was a pro.

In the UK, we are told not to pursue motorcycles (or cars) that are hell bent on getting away, as it will put the public at risk. Not sure if its the same in other countries.

MATT

Last edited: Feb 9, 2006

11. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    Not in the us. Cops go on crazy carchases, ussually ended in a huge accident hurting tons of innocent people...

12. Preid

Preid Master Guru

GPU:
    8600GTm
    I remember a clip of ghostrider takin his bike up a public elevator onto a walkway with loads of people, he gets on it, starts it up and starts burning out. All the people on that walkway got a dose of burning rubber. Awesome clip.