AMD Radeon Crimson 17.6.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ReaperXL2, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Portman87

Portman87 Member Guru

GPU:
    NITRO RX 480 8GB
    The UVD bug for GCN 1.0 cards is still present.Had to install 16.7.2. Beta again to fix the problem.

2. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Well, I can't recommend to set vt_uncompressedPhysicalImages to "1" on cards with 4GBs and lower. It has significant impact on performance. If you have 8GB+ VRAM, there is no issue.

3. kondziowy

kondziowy Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT
    Did you notice that yourself, or was it posted by devs somewhere?
    Which options correspond to the old High Preset setting?

4. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I know GPUS are not that cheap, and may be harder to get a different one where you are, but man that 7950 is old now.

Ironically I never got the UVD bug on my 7950s, even with 4 monitors hooked up to the main monitor, but is it worth it to worry about the UVD if you are not flashing a custom bios.

5. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Yes that worked :)

6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Here (but it's not all of a changes)

"
    Improved CPU Performance

We have observed that a large portion of players are CPU limited when trying to run Forza Horizon 3 at high frame rates, including locked 60 FPS and unlocked. By analyzing telemetry, we have developed targeted optimizations for this group of affected players by increasing the number of concurrent threads used by the render architecture. We have taken further advantage of DX12 capabilities to allow the visuals to be processed out of order during the frame, in order to reduce synchronization stalls and decrease CPU execution duration. These changes result in a significant CPU performance gain on High or Ultra settings when running on PCs of Recommended spec or better.

Updated Thread Model

We have updated our threading affinity model to make better use of all available cores. Along with this change, we have added a new graphics option to disable the new model, should you prefer. This option can be found in the Video Settings menu under “Threaded Optimization”.

More Graphical Options

We have also added some additional graphical options to improve framerate for those playing on lower specification PCs. These include:

· Dynamic Geometry Quality now has a Very Low option
    · World Car Level of Detail now has a Very Low option

These are combined with some existing options to create a new “Very Low” preset that can be used with dynamic optimization.

Additionally, all options have had their descriptions updated to include information on how each setting affects the CPU performance, GPU performance, and available VRAM, so that players can better understand the performance impact that tweaking each setting will have."

7. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    This is with Hot Wheels, right? Have you played it Onna? Does it apply to people who don't have the DLC?

8. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Update applies to base game.
    So, yes.

It's charming how well the game plays now.

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    4.5->6 Cores now is used by a FH3 :)
    IMO They using PS/VS 6.0 now, becouse Game looks even better than before ;)
    Performance is there but i can't have Ultra/High 4xMSAA now, they give more details to some Ultra settings.
    All Ultra on Fury is possible but with MSAAx2 or FXAA

PS.
    When you have ZEN + P-States + ryZEN Power Profile & HHWiNFO64 you can actually see real utilisation in Games :nerd: -> Read Average :grad:

Also every game i've tested so far is using SMT NP, i have better FPS with it ON....

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  10. 22JHP

22JHP Member

GPU:
    Red Devil 7900xtx
    it's not my personal problem.there is a turkish forum i saw problem in there.also from my friends at least 4 people says 17.6.1 freezing online videos.doesnt matter which browser or codec pack.windows download by language but driver not download by language.maybe driver doesnt like turkish windows but 17.6.2 is good driver no freezing and fast gameplay.no problem.thank you.

11. 22JHP

22JHP Member

GPU:
    Red Devil 7900xtx
    thank you.

12. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Cool!
    Only today I could check on my RX480, but GPU load seems OK on both AB and GPU-Z. Might be RX580/70 related only.

PS: Forgot to mention, but idle bug is still present on a 7870, nothing new about that.

13. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    It's funny how a GTX 1060 outperforms my RX580 in Tekken 7 by ~20% at 2160p, but I suppose that's to be expected considering it's an "Nvidia title", but it's still very disappointing and I had hoped AMD's drivers had matured over the years.

14. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Blame the devs who are using NV proprietary calls, and forcing AMD cards to have to execute these calls in software.

15. robnitro

robnitro Member

GPU:
    XFX RS RX 480 8gb
    Pure laziness or manipulation? When I think of nvidia, it's both. They're never innovative nor fair.

16. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Not really

Unreal Engine 4 gives advantage to nvidia because Tim (Owner of Epic) always had a big connection with nvidia since the time that Unreal Tournament 3 even had 2 exclusive levels to Nvidia PhysX users. lol.

Tim never cared about AMD and it's completelly against microsoft too.

People talk Gameworks like it's the fault for everything, gameworks it is usually optional in many games, the problem with unreal 4 is that most shadows and lightining and shaders and GPU Particles were made with support of Nvidia, also GPU particles was a nvidia PhysX feature, but Nvidia had open source it to Unreal Engine 4 and as been re-written.

Not all gameworks is a thread to AMD, PhysX is used in most games as Rigid Physics and cloth and it is processed by the CPU nowadays.
    Also Waveworks simulation it is also CPU.

Most of the GPU PhysX are rarely used in games, only Godrays, HBAO+ and HFTS/PCSS are nvidia tech that really punishs AMD cards lately and in most games it can be disabled.

The problem is, most engines were developed with support of nvidia or aiming for nvidia first, since they have the biggest share of market, remember that the laptop market is huge comparing to desktop, and nvidia have pretty much a big market there.

Nvidia have been making tons of **** towards AMD, but I can't really blame nvidia for colaborating with engines and deliver more and more libraries that can avoid weeks of work to the devs.
    AMD have some of this libraries as well, but they are not as easy to implement, and devs nowadays want things fast and working, you can call it lazy, but time is money and not all the devs want to waste time/money when they have a solution for something that works for the biggest GPU brand of the market and also works for the red team but with less performance.

AMD needs to be more aggressive with their GPU Open initiative and offer more libraries and more easy ways to directly implement on the most famous engines.
    For me the only good libraries that AMD have it is the AMD CHS and the AMD Pure Hair, aside from that they have nothing, also Nvidia have PCSS too and can be ran on AMD, and they also have hairworks which in my opinion it fails agains pure hair.
    Aside from that Nvidia have libraries for a ton of effects nowadays for almost every effect.

Cheers

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Try this: <- It's second [3] Post in my Main Thread: SweetFx etc...

[11] TEKKEN 7 Tweaks

TEKKEN 7 suffers from some ridiculous Chromatic Aberration effects (when Post-Processing is set to High or Ultra). They are so ridiculous that make the entire screen look way too blurry. As such, we strongly suggest using the following guide in order to disable it.

Head to Users/*user*/AppData/Local/TekkenGame/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor/

Open up ‘Scalability.ini’.
    This file will be blank. Simply add the following commands

[PostProcessQuality@2]
    r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
    r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0[PostProcessQuality@3]
    r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
    r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0
    Save the file and make it as a “Read Only” file.

Tekken working Great on my Fury 1440p 60FPS all't'time Ultra + AA + Tweak + SweetFX :) (at 1000/565 -10%Pow 1.164v)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The AMD Frontier driver is out now with the GPU launching, doubt there's anything new for modding these for older GPU models but who knows. :)
    (From: http://pro.radeon.com/en-us/product/radeon-vega-frontier-edition/#driver-download )

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/frontier?os=Windows+10+-+64

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Vega-Frontier-Edition-17-6-Release-Notes.aspx

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    So It is happening :banana:

I hope for HBM cache feature for Fury :pc1:

20. kondziowy

kondziowy Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT
    That would make my Fury the best purchase I have every made, as I got it for the price of gtx980, and it unlocks to 4032 cores on top of that :) Too good to be true.
    Although AMD did put ACE's in Tahiti only to activate it 4 years later so... who knows :D