7600K what voltages would you recomend

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by brothergc, Apr 18, 2017.

1. brothergc

brothergc Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb
    running a 7600K @ 4.2 Ghz on all turbo cores I am looking for suggestions on vcore at this CPU . What would you consider a good , safe range ?
    Thanks ! :)

2. lexer98

lexer98 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    At that frequency you can decrease the vcore and will remain stable.
    Go to the BIOS, on the Vcore tab select "Adaptive" and set a negative offset. start with small values like -0.010v or if you want a more "old school" way Manual Vcore with LCC high. probably for 4.2Ghz will be around 1.1xxV.
    Also you can play with the AVX offset. this options allow you to set a multiplier for AVX and NON-AVX apps. So you can overclock without going to aggressive with the vcore to make it stable in AVX scenarios.

My 4790k does 4.5ghz@all core with adaptive -0.065v. :)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  3. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    My 7600k went 4.8Ghz without changing any settings ( just changed multi). I guess it will go over 5Ghz if i add some voltage ? Not may Overclocking reviews out there...

4. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I think that 1.35v is safe but i´ve read some guys that 1.4v and even 1.45v are also safe, don´t know it it´s true...

Anyway, i´m can run my 7600K at 5.0Ghz with 1,27v without any problem. The max temps under load are bout 75/80 degrees and my cooler is a Noctua u12p se. And now i´m testing at 5.1Ghz with 1.30 and it seems fine too.

I would also like someone to offer a more conclusive answer about the 7600K max voltage to know how far i can go.

5. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
  6. Shocked nobody else has chimed in..

Absolute max but I'd stay away from going near that. ..Just have sense when messing around with it, obviously. As far as what's the max safe vcc to run, I really can't say.

7. brothergc

brothergc Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb
    ok here is what I have done . I am using the offset method . I have it set to level 4 on my asus motherboard with a .4 offset , under full load that translates to 1.248 v and 60 Deg C cooling is on air with a coolermaster dual 90mm cpu fan cooler . pertty good yes ?

I tryed using the adaptive mode , but it felt underpowered , not very responsive . Since I swithched to offset the system now screams . Thanks to all who replied ! :)

8. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I don't know if my chip is really bad or not, but I can't hit the 5GHz mark without using ~1.55v, which is outright crazy!

I've been using negative/positive offset for ages (not sure if that's part of my problem) perhaps I should try manual voltage?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  9. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    That´s really strange. I hit the 5.0Ghz mark at the first time with 1.35v then i gradually reduced it to 1.27/8v. Even if my chip is very good and you got a bad one you shouldn´t need anything close to 1.55v to hit 5.0Ghz. My MB is also better than yours but still the difference is too big.

Try resetting everything to default settings and then increase the clocks to 5.0Ghz and set the manual voltage to 1.4v to see if the system boots and if it works properly. If it does, use CPU-Z stress test to see if the overclock is stable. If not, return everything to default again and then start to gradually increase the clocks and voltages until you can find a stable overclock, just like Hilbert explains in CPU reviews. Oh and control the temps because running a CPU with that kind of voltage is going to heat up things...

Hope this helps.