2 years since far cry 3, give us ur take

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Jul 30, 2014.

1. LadiesMan32

LadiesMan32 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro Crossfire
    i loved the game. ive played it twice and want to play it a third before the 4th one (which im stoked for btw.) The story, sound fx, soundtrack, environment were great. I loved roaming around and exploring old ruins. The water terrified me at times, having sharks or huge manta rays silently sneak up on you haha. My only complaint with the game was whenever you unlocked a radio tower, new weapons were available for free... Which took away incentive to spend money on guns and you really just spend your money on ammo, so you pretty much have a maxxed out wallet the whole game. But thats it, im pretty excited for the 4th its looking pretty sweet.

EDIT: Vas was done so well in this game, he is one of my favorite antagonists from gaming, i hope fc4 will have someone similar.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  2. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    Well, here's my take...

I played Far Cry 3 from start to finish once. It has since been un-installed.

I have played Far Cry 1 from start to finish twice and will definitely play it again.

I have played Far Cry 2 from start to finish at least 40 times (I'm currently about half-way through yet another).

I will wait for some in-game videos to appear on YouTube before wasting my money on FC4 (which already looks like FC3 with different clothes).

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    FarCry - Loved it. Plays like a "so bad it's great" made for TV 80s action film. Over the top stupid.

FarCry 2 - Hate. Solid gunplay and gorgeous visuals. Terrible story, bland characters, awful dialog and voice acting. Bland, tedious story missions... dead empty world were everyone is hostile outside the main town.

FarCry 3 - Love it. Solid gunplay and gorgeous visuals. Brilliant characters, amazing performances and solid voice acting.
    Varied missions, a more alive world offering more reason to explore and be aware of your surroundings. (never had to worry about a wild animal attacking me while checking out an enemy camp in FarCry 2)

FarCry 4 - Looks to be an extension of 3. Same style, only expanded... and better. Can't wait.

4. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Everything about far cry 3 is fine, except one thing which basically made me pull my hair out and delete it.

This noise like streaming thing which loads objects in front of you. Never found a way to disable that or increase draw distance significantly.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    It is an awsome game, FC1 was a masterpiece for its time, however I hated FC2 and still can't stand it. So coming from FC2, for me FC3 was fantastic... story, graphics, atmosphere and the soundtrack!(loved the main song). I enjoyed every bit of it (except MP, since that was already dead when I bought the game), got 100% completion. From the three FC games it's my favourite.

It also looked and ran great on my rig at 1440p. But again, I only played it in 2014, so it didn't have any bugs/performance issues left. I'm very much looking forward to FC4 if it keeps the same elements of FC3 but with a different story and setting, it has great potential. :nerd:

6. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Vomit :puke2:

And too much Voodoo..:bonk:

7. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Unpack engine files. Reduce lod bias by half for every value with your i7's. Cash money. :banana:

8. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Care to go into more detail?

Or hmm, point me to a thread/page in the right direction where its explained?

Sorry but I won't want to waste my time downloading it if I'm not sure it definitely works.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    FarCry 1 - Epic, varying, great for it's time.

FarCry 2 - Fun at first but the constant driving between places really takes the edge out of the game. Would have been a bit better if guards at the outposts didnt respawn all the time. Feels like 70% of the game is driving around killing guards in outposts instead of doing missions and stuff

FarCry 3 - Great start and fantastic story. First island is good fun but the second wasn't that good like many others said. There should have been a money sink somewhere since you unlock everything for free by capturing radio towers. I also didn't care much for the repetitive animations (looting and unlocking towers).

FarCry 4 - Judging by the trailers it looks exactly like FC3 but located in the mountains. My first impression is a lot of copy paste, but we'll see.

10. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Anyone else seen the price for FC4, £50 :3eyes:

11. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Well, if I correctly understood that your problem is with the object/mesh/textures pop-in, then the solution is simply increasing view distances, no? You'll want the Gibbed Far Cry 3 tools upon which you must extract common.fat/dat files in the FC3 directory. Then you open defaultgamerender.config(something like this if I recall) and you will find variables named lodbias etc. The key point is that these values are negative lod's, so reduced means better iq. The benefit of this is that iq is limited only to your system and the engine itself, rather than some wackass presets pushed onto you by the devs.

The process for extraction/packing essentially the same here:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390238
    you'll find no organization/tutorials's on the unpacked game configs, because people would much rather enjoy uploading "mods"

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Where did you find that price?

Here is for 33€ and I swear I've seen it somewhere else for 30€

https://www.g2a.com/far-cry-4-uplay-cd-key-preorder-global.html

Anyhow, I'm not pre-ordering any Ubi games. I want to read user reviews first.

13. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
  14. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Thumbs up! Thanks for the detailed explanation!
    Should be easy enough to do.

15. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    I only played FC3 (and also Blood Dragon) this year after picking it up in the Steam sale for about £3. It actually really surprised me as a fun shooter, I really enjoyed planning on how to take over the command posts stealthily while observing the guards patterns from afar (kinda reminds me of a similar scene in Predator!). I thought the graphics were great after a bit of tweaking, but I'm not really a graphics whore like some of the other users on here anyway....

I'm looking forward to FC4 but I just hope there are some new ideas in there and it's not just FC3 in a new setting.

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I totally forgot about Blood Dragon... that was brilliant, also read every single entry in the menu, so lulzy. :D

17. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    I loved it. FAR more than the first 2, especially the second. One of the best FPS ever, imo.

18. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I have had it a while can honestly say not played it very much not really given the game a chance. When I did play I like the look but got bored with it so only have few hours gameplay really like the first far cry

19. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    <------------------------- Quite obviously I'm a performance whore

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Ah yes, Steam and Uplay are by far the most expensive when it come to digital downloads. Even retail hard copies are cheaper.