185.85 WHQL available

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by gjaegy, May 7, 2009.

1. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    Very nice. Downloading :)

2. digital demon

digital demon Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC
    I haven't had much luck with the 185.xx series, but I'll try these out anyway. Any Control Panel issues with these for anyone?

3. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    btw rivatuner is working on XP x86, you just have to restart it xP

4. Bentez

Bentez Guest

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    I've just installed these WHQL's and both evga precision and nhancer are working in Vista 64 - also evga voltage tuner is working again without needing the nvapi_18208 file from the old driver set

i like it when things work :)

5. rimmer66

rimmer66 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC
    Can you let us know as soon as possible - I still am using 182.50 - And I know what you mean about the filtering bug NVIDIA should be sued for this bloody sh*** - That is misleaing and cheating - they force filtering despite setting everythng full quality in CP - that is downright bloody cheating - shame on you NVIDIA you wankers ! All this crap about up to 42% increase, what a load of sh*te - they cram performance by affecting IQ, they MASK their crappyness, poorly optimized drivers and bloody R&D mistakes by sneaking this one on us, it makes me very upset I didn't pay good money for a graphic card only to have it crippled so I can get 42% boost in speed for f* sake I didn't ask for that !

6. sudanmalkovich

sudanmalkovich Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 SLI 840/1680/4000
    XP32

another driver that doesn't let me assign my 9800gt for dedicated physx card with 280SLI set up.

the only driver that allowed me to do this was 185.68
    maybe Nvidia removed PhysX GPU acceleration with multi-GPU 'AND' sli mode for some reason.
    upgraded from 9600gt to 9800gt for physx card recently and today nvidia has provided me some nice present:giggle2:

I was enjoying Mirror's edge with rock solid 60fps(1920 1200 very high, physx on, 8X AA, vsync on)... wonder why they removed it and WHY the driver recognized the total of 3 cards(SLI with another) for god's sake.

well... at least a voltage tuner is working, now I can do some wild goose chases again...

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  7. basilis20

basilis20 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 280 702/1404/2484
    Yeah rivatuner doesn't like these drivers.It doesn't recognize them at all so no fan profiles unfortunately.And i don't get it why the default nvidia drivers can't handle the fan.I remember it used to work back in October when i first bought GTX 280.After a while the fan stayed stuck in 40%.Thank God rivatuner exists.

8. _OKAMI_

_OKAMI_ Active Member

GPU:
    Asus DCU2 GTX660Ti SLI
    Really? :(
    I had that problem on 185.81 I though this gonna be better.
    Lolz I rolled back to 174.74

9. ReginaldAC

ReginaldAC New Member

GPU:
    NVidia GeForce 7800 GS
    Anyone know if these work with the older AGP cards? None of the 18x.xx series have recognized my card (BFG 7800 GS AGP) and the NVidia Control Panel has not loaded on them. Currently the last stable driver that I've been using is the old 178.24.

10. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    Maybe modified drivers will be able to fix the context menu lag..... hopefully.
    And we need a new version of rivatuner!

11. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    It's quite strange, it is said :

"Automatically installs the new PhysX System Software version 9.09.0408."

I have checked, it is the former version 9.09.0203 which has been installed.

Not you ?

Thanks.

12. _OKAMI_

_OKAMI_ Active Member

GPU:
    Asus DCU2 GTX660Ti SLI
    Yea kinda annoying when you right click and it take seconds until it show up.
    And yes a new version of RivaTuner would be awesome :D

13. -=Wolly=-

-=Wolly=- Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 285 / 1GB
    Like all other 185.xx drivers i've downloaded, this one also has problems with multiple displays when logging on after install.. it sets my tv downstairs as the primairy display and expands my desktop to my normal monitor, so i only see my background...
    So i had to correct it by using the tv, only to find out all my icons were messed up aswell..

Also rivatuner does not support these drivers, the CP loading time is still way too long PLUS i don't see any real performance improvements in any of my games.

14. BrainDedd

BrainDedd Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1070 OC
    Wow ... first driver I've installed on XP32 that loaded automatically and didn't even need a reboot. I'm impressed. :)

15. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Installs the previous version of PhysX, not the new one

I even went as far as removing ALL nvidia drivers, DLL's and traces of both display and PhysX drivers from the system in safe mode, rebooted, reinstalled Drivers, still reports previous physX driver instead of new one

16. sudanmalkovich

sudanmalkovich Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 SLI 840/1680/4000

Yes me.

maybe they're just lazy to put the right numbers..

17. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    rivatuner does support this drivers on 185.85 (i repeat myself) T_T, its working for me :S

18. digital demon

digital demon Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC
    Still no Control Panel. There is a file called NvCplSetupEng.exe, but when I try to install it I get "Setup failed to read the required Display Driver to be used with this package."

Seriously? It's the same driver you came with. NVIDIA is getting as bad as ATi used to be with these POS drivers.

19. RPGWiZaRD

RPGWiZaRD Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 460 OC 1GB
    It is PhysX 9.09.0408 that is installed, it's just a typo which was mentioned somewhere.

20. afxsylos

afxsylos Member

GPU:
    HIS HD 5770 1gig x2
    It does work, I've been getting BSOD's in BF2, so I can't say they are all that great.