EVGA GPU Voltage Tuner v1.0 - Patch for vendor restriction & voltage limit removal

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by king-dubs, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Thanks for making and sharing this patch with us, king-dubs! :thumbup:

2. GaS

GaS New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 9800GX2
    Thanx for the patch, did someone try it on GTX295? I hope I get one in a short time..

3. Dj Base

Dj Base Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB
    Well it now works on my 9800gtx, but when it opens it's all the way up to 2000mV

I'm not much into how much wolt a 9800gtx runs at default ? It says NA in default voltage.
    So if anyone knows what default is for 9800gtx i would be happy to hear it :)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  4. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    dont worry about non-advanced users, the fear about overclocking will keep them outside of here xP, anyways the first thing i learned about OCing was that voltage changes r risky, then i learnt that if you can control it they r not that risky xP.

5. HAZ-MAN

HAZ-MAN Active Member

GPU:
    evga sc GTX 780 ti sli
    I got 2 bfg gtx oc 280s in sli. I might be dumb but cant get the volt tool using said patch.on the evga sight it say when I try to install said tool must have an evga card.can I get a link and tried 1 above to the non evga crack version or info on a work around to get the evga 1 installed. thank you

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Beleive me, even if they don't know what is overclocking, there are a lot of idiots who do try to download new tools and click all button and drag all sliders to the max witout any understanding of their own actions. And such category of users is absolutely not irrelevant in terms of giving new headache to techsupport.
    So personally I'm really disappointed that the link to such kind of modified software is hosted here.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    king-dubs, i suggest you make 2 versions. version 1 just removing the evga only restriction. use voltages set by evga. 2. make you other version an extreme version and tone down your max 2000mv. to maybe a lttle higher than evga maximum. its just 2 easy for a noob to click on 2000mv and apply. you are doing an excellent job:thumbup:

8. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    TBH a better idea would be to make two patches available; the current one, and then a 'safe' version of the patch which doesn't have the limits unlocked. That way, there's less chance of people frying their cards if they don't know what they're doing. If those people still go ahead and download the version with the limits unlocked then they have no-one to blame but themselves.

[EDIT] holy crap, I posted the same thing lol

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
  10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    ha ha, tbh i just want the one with the vender restriction removed myself. the other version should be extreme modders only

11. xSLIX

xSLIX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 WCSWIFTECH
    LOL:puke2: WHAT ONE U GIVE ME. OTHER GUY GAVE ME JUST PROGRAM ALREADY PATCH

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    if its patch.exe thats the first 1 dude. the other 1 has evga in the title

13. xSLIX

xSLIX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 WCSWIFTECH
    We getting 2 verison or no..ALSO GUESS U HAVE THIS PROGRAM OEN FOR IT TO WORK .I KNOTICE TEMPS GO UP WHEN U OPEN PROGRAM UP N THEY GO DOWN WHEN U CLOSE IT OUT

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Or just have an option in the patcher installer to unlock advanced settings with a box that comes up saying "blahblah".

Tbh I think it's fine now, people should learn to read disclaimers and understand what they are doing before they do it.

15. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    hmmm. if it works for your card maybe it can work on a G80 ... or maybe the tool can be moddified? i would love to be able to up my voltage! i was always to leary to flash my card the old school way.

16. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Most likely, it won't work on anything other than GT200 cards, because that's all the software has support for.

17. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 GAMING
    my 280gtx for now 810/1630/1310 with 1,3v. 3d marks,atitool,furmark and games stable with no problem.

18. GaS

GaS New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 9800GX2
    G80 and G92 are 99.9% not supported. So, noone with GTX 295?

19. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I had several people PM me in the past that have BFG GTX 295's. They say it works fine.

20. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    A reduced version of the patch (1.4v) is now live. Check the first post for download link.